Singapore Expats

PR Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kanna_ece

PR Rejected

Post by kanna_ece » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 4:24 pm

Hi,

I am a SPR For past 3 years.i married six month before.after that i bring my wife to singapore.now she is holding LTSV.Mar 2012 i apply PR for my wife,end of june12 PR application was rejected.they never mention any thing.

my salary is 3.5K
Qualification:Bachelor degree
I am working in IT industry.

recently i apply Citizenship.status is pending

i was work in singapore more than 4 years.

plz advice on above request.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 4:41 pm

Until you have been married AT LEAST 2 years you are wasting your time applying for PR for you wife. The same goes for applying for citizenship. You need to be a PR at least through one REP and into the second REP before applying. Applying for citizenship without your wife having PR is a total waste of time, effort and money. It will take you a minimum of 7.5 years to get citizenship from this point. two years to get PR for your wife plus 5+ years as a PR for you wife before you can both file together. Even then, there are no guarantees.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kanna_ece

Post by kanna_ece » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 5:50 pm

Hi,

I am indian,but my parents are Singaporean.my parents are aged parents.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 7:53 pm

kanna_ece wrote:Hi,

I am indian,but my parents are Singaporean.my parents are aged parents.
Why is that? My answer will depend on your answer.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 9:02 pm

TS, your parent is born Singaporean or converted Singaporean?

kanna_ece

Post by kanna_ece » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 9:03 am

my parents are Converted Singaporean.

kanna_ece

Post by kanna_ece » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 9:09 am

One more thing my wife was pregnant ,I plan to delivery in singapore so can i apply LTSV for my mother in law.
because i am PR,my wife holding LTSV.
kindly advice on this.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 9:14 am

kanna_ece wrote:One more thing my wife was pregnant ,I plan to delivery in singapore so can i apply LTSV for my mother in law.
because i am PR,my wife holding LTSV.
kindly advice on this.
That could actually work against you.

1. Singapore already has met their quotas for Indians.
2. It has been established that they're clamping down on foreigners having their relatives tag along on DP's, LTSVP's and such.

I fail to see the causality of delivering in Singapore and being able to apply for a pass.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 9:19 am

Why weren't you converted with them? Were you already an adult or were you living in India with other member of your family? I'm trying to figure out Why you apparently didn't have to do NS as this may well be a stumbling point with ICA as it seems odd that they are naturalized citizens when their child is not. Please enlighten us.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 9:36 am

Despite of huge cloud of potential whoopsie with ICA on your side, I will still advise on your mom-in-law's part.

Answer: Not likely.

Sorry. Like what other regulars said above, ICA is already hell bent on clamping on trailing passes behind Indian PRs. Your wife is already having a hard time getting a PR. Having your mom-in-law on LTVSP will be almost impossible.

Here is my suggestion:

Your mom-in-law being in Singapore is to serve the purpose of taking care of your preggy wife and consequently, your newborn and your post-natal confined wife, right?

1. Forget it. Let your parents take care of her instead. (you said they're naturalised Singaporeans right?) That should solve A LOT of problems. Common sense.

2. Have your wife to deliver in your hometown, in comfort zone of your mom-in-law and familiarity. Then come back once she and her baby is done. After all, there is no guarantee if she can renew her LTVSP after it expires anyway while she is here :oops!: let alone getting PR approved in the meantime. Then worry about her next pass after she's ready with your baby.

Sounds good? Or still not good enough?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:09 am

How coincidental! Another fellow countrymen asking the same thing in the forum but slightly different situation.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra5 ... tml#593163

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:16 am

the lynx wrote:How coincidental! Another fellow countrymen asking the same thing in the forum but slightly different situation.

Not the same thing. One is worried about lack of documents and another is worried about the possibility itself ;)

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:34 am

revhappy wrote:
the lynx wrote:How coincidental! Another fellow countrymen asking the same thing in the forum but slightly different situation.

Not the same thing. One is worried about lack of documents and another is worried about the possibility itself ;)
Hence I said 'slightly different situation' :mrgreen:

But it is related in a way so I hope the OP is able to see and compare and discern.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:37 am

the lynx wrote:and discern.
Whoa, whoa! Aren't you asking for too much?!

:roll:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

kanna_ece

Post by kanna_ece » Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:56 am

Hi All,

Thanks for advice.