Singapore Expats

Information on collection of PEP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chrisvdb

Information on collection of PEP

Post by chrisvdb » Sat, 30 Jun 2012 8:05 pm

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I have received the Approval in Principle letter for a PEP. And a few days ago I have accepted an employment offer from a company in Singapore. Seems like I'm all set to move there soon.

It's the first time my future employer has an employee with a PEP, so they have as little experience in dealing with it as I have. The MOM website has a lot of information, but after thoroughly reading through it I still have a few open questions I hope this forum's members can help:

- the MOM website lists two methods for collecting the PEP: a) EP Online and b) MOM counters (after appointment). However, it seems that for either method one needs a SingPass ID (in case of b for making the appointment). As I have not used a visa agency, is asking the "authorised company representative" of my future employer to apply via EP Online the right way forward?

- the website states also that "The foreigner must be in Singapore at the time this request is made". I understand that I need to be in SG for the actual pass collection (definitely if it includes fingerprinting), but do I need to be there even to make the appointment or at least kick off the process?

- how long does the total process take? Do they keep my passport during the process?

- do Europeans get fingerprinted (the website seems to indicate that it's dependent on your nationality but does not specify it further)?

Thank you for help!
Chris.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 30 Jun 2012 8:34 pm

The EPSC (MOM counters) won't require a SingPass ID. You might need one to schedule an appointment online though, so just call them.

Call and schedule the appointment whenever, but yes you'll need to be in Singapore to go. You'll be there for 15-30 minutes. You'll be able to come back and pick up your card in 4-5 days.

Everyone gets their thumbprints taken. It's how you will get in and out of Changi.

chrisvdb

Thanks

Post by chrisvdb » Sun, 01 Jul 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you for the reply! I double checked and for the online appointment only a FIN is required... this number is stated on my approval in principle letter. So, all good!

Am I correct in assuming that they do not keep your passport for the 4-5 days between applying/receiving the pass and that you can travel during that period? I namely need to go to the HQ for induction.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Thanks

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 9:35 am

chrisvdb wrote:Thank you for the reply! I double checked and for the online appointment only a FIN is required... this number is stated on my approval in principle letter. So, all good!

Am I correct in assuming that they do not keep your passport for the 4-5 days between applying/receiving the pass and that you can travel during that period? I namely need to go to the HQ for induction.
Correct. They do not keep your passport.