Singapore Expats

Place to print documents in Singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Place to print documents in Singapore?

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 5:00 pm

Hi,

Where can I go to print things in Singapore? Ideally something like a Kinkos. If there aren't any chains I've missed, something on East Coast preferred.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 5:18 pm

I can be 100% sure that you can get printing done in Sim Lim Square and all tertiary education institution areas (they have copier services to cater for students there).

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 5:35 pm

I use Unimax Copy Centre Pte Ltd

#01-01, 133 Cecil St, Singapore 069535 but thats for large A1 type prints sure they will do smaller stuff and you can email it to them for printing.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 3:27 pm

Hmm.. Thanks QRM.

Lynx, not sure I trust them to do my printing... Since these would be personal thing such as tax paperwork.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 5:08 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Hmm.. Thanks QRM.

Lynx, not sure I trust them to do my printing... Since these would be personal thing such as tax paperwork.
If that is the case, then Sim Lim Square is no go. The ones in ITE, NTU, NUS and all polytechnics has NETS operated photocopy machines so it is DIY.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 7:40 pm

the lynx wrote:

If that is the case, then Sim Lim Square is no go. The ones in ITE, NTU, NUS and all polytechnics has NETS operated photocopy machines so it is DIY.
Oh, I don't need to photocopy. I actually have PDFs to print. They let me do that too? And is it student only? I look young enough I can pass myself off as a student, except being Ang Moh... :p

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 9:26 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
the lynx wrote:

Oh, I don't need to photocopy. I actually have PDFs to print. They let me do that too? And is it student only? I look young enough I can pass myself off as a student, except being Ang Moh... :p
Ah my bad. I somehow forgot that you want printing services, not photocopying services. Still you can get printing services from those places. But they will still need to handle your documents. Best to be there in person to print rather than to email them, just to be sure that they don't do any hanky panky with your personal documents.

Why don't you get a printer already? :-P

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 9:13 am

the lynx wrote: Why don't you get a printer already? :-P
I hate printers. Such a racket! Supplies are so expensive, they take up a lot of space, they jam, etc. And in the Singapore heat, I imagine the paper and ink getting all crudded up from the humidity.

Someone recommended a place in Roxy Sq, so I'll try that. I just want to walk in with a thumb drive with PDFs and watch them print.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 4:55 pm

I was going to suggest the one in Roxy Square, but couldn't find / remember the name. IIRC they should be able to print from docs on a thumb drive (hard to imagine any printer who can't do that these days, but you never know).
Be careful what you wish for

mssophie

Post by mssophie » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 5:08 pm

Any photo developing store does printing, i think. I've send a number of stuff for printing at a photo store in centrepoint

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:27 am

QRM, does Unimax do colour scanning as well?

I'm thinking of A2-sized colour scanning and have the image saved into a thumb drive. Any idea how much it will cost? Thanks!

nigelgoh

Post by nigelgoh » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 2:21 pm

you can just print it at ntu if ur located at the west or smu if ur at a central location. just need to pay using a cashcard..all services are available at our local university.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks. The place in Roxy Sq is nice, I've been using them. One of the photo printing places near me does it too, but I don't like the auntie there. Also of note, most photo printing places won't do it, and gave me a strange stare when I asked.