Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chatoyant_

Re: Signing of the deed of covenant

Post by chatoyant_ » Sat, 16 Jun 2012 2:37 am

Tating wrote:
chatoyant_ wrote:Hello everyone. Just a quick question:

How long before the training date will we receive the email to come down to sign the deed with our surety/guarantor?

Btw, I'm starting my training on 5th July. Anyone else starting training on the same date?

Please respond if you know anything, because the wait is killing me.
And thank you in advance :)
Im starting on 5th July too :D i was told they will contact us to come down to sign the deed end of this month.

The wait is killing huh haha update me when u get any news!

Hey so I guess we'd be batchmates?
I know right, the wait is excruciating.
I thought the signing of the deed would be in the middle of the month which was why I was so anxious lol. Thanks for answering my question. Can't wait to start training! :)

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sat, 16 Jun 2012 9:41 am

To Tating, can you rate how difficult was the interview? I m wondering. Congrats to you btw:)

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Sat, 16 Jun 2012 1:46 pm

Thank you ponytailparade and Leng123!
Gues i'll just have to email them to ask.
:D Will keep you guys updated!
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sat, 16 Jun 2012 8:48 pm

How did everyone do today??

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sat, 16 Jun 2012 9:39 pm

I got booted out for the mass introduction.

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:27 am

Hey, I went to the cabin crew recruitment today. Believe me,it wasn't as hard as others describe. But I didn't make it for the mass introduction cause I m too nervous. But at least I know I did try. And I came there only with my Diploma in Make Up Artistry. Which many think I shouldn't given it a try due to its not related. I didn't even ask to go home. I was allowed in the queue and waited for our group to be called for the mass introduction round. What I m trying to say here is don't ask around, tried it for yourself. FYI even someone with Higher Nitec is allowed in the queue. Try it for yourself, if you were ask to go home don't get disappointed. If you really want the job you will work hard for it and good luck. 

By the way I'm retaking my O's. Just to be there. And yes if you really want it, do what ever it takes. 

bluewire

16th June interview

Post by bluewire » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:44 am

Hi guys, anybody went for the interview yesterday? How was it, care to share your experiences? :D

Tating

Post by Tating » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 2:05 am

masqueradedoll wrote:To Tating, can you rate how difficult was the interview? I m wondering. Congrats to you btw:)
Hi u, yes like u said the interview wasnt hard at all well at least for the first day that is. Basic questions were ask like 'where do see urself in 5 years time.' everyone can answer that I guess it all boils down to ur confidence unique presentation n luck.

They definitely let u queue but they will check ur certs on a later stage i myself queue before graduation, empty handed without a diploma yet n with only 4 O's. Why didnt u ask them if ur dip is accepted? at least u know if u really need to retake ur 0's because i wouldnt wanna retake olevels ever again lol well thats for me of course if ur confident go ahead.

anyways best of luck to u i believe everyone will get this sooner or later just a matter of trying hard and not giving up

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 2:17 am

masqueradedoll wrote:Hey, I went to the cabin crew recruitment today. Believe me,it wasn't as hard as others describe. But I didn't make it for the mass introduction cause I m too nervous. But at least I know I did try. And I came there only with my Diploma in Make Up Artistry. Which many think I shouldn't given it a try due to its not related. I didn't even ask to go home. I was allowed in the queue and waited for our group to be called for the mass introduction round. What I m trying to say here is don't ask around, tried it for yourself. FYI even someone with Higher Nitec is allowed in the queue. Try it for yourself, if you were ask to go home don't get disappointed. If you really want the job you will work hard for it and good luck. 

By the way I'm retaking my O's. Just to be there. And yes if you really want it, do what ever it takes. 
EVERYONE is allowed in the queue. Everyone is given a chance to try out. However, even if you pass the group interview. The next round would be checking of documents. So if you don't even 5 O's you will be asked to go home.

No one discouraged you from going. Everyone here are just telling you the facts. You need at least 5 O's, that's the fact. So why don't you get 5 O's then try again? Why keep trying and end up getting booted out at the first round?

Honestly, everyone is nervous there. Interviewers do not reject you because of that. They see your qualifications and the way you talk too.

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 3:06 am

Yes noted. I was just saying if you really want it try it out. Its my first time going. You don't have to be nasty, the way you reply. I wasnt even hoping to get in cause I know I didn't meet the requirement:(. I was just give some encouragement to those who really want the job. That's way I indicated that I retaking my O's cause I really want it. Sorry if I say something wrong:(

etgirl

Post by etgirl » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 6:39 pm

made it all the way to the kebaya check today. and was asked to go back to the interviewer's room again and walk back and forth. but i was still eliminated. does any one knows what they were looking for?

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:15 pm

etgirl wrote:made it all the way to the kebaya check today. and was asked to go back to the interviewer's room again and walk back and forth. but i was still eliminated. does any one knows what they were looking for?
You're either too skinny or a little plump, thus do not look good in the kebaya. However, you might be an acceptable weight but maybe your body looks disproportionate in the kebaya? Try and shape/tone your body?

Then again, there can be many reasons why. These are just a few of the possible few reasons.

Don't give up! Try again. :) I believe there's a reason as to why you could make it so far!

etgirl

Post by etgirl » Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:16 pm

ponytailparade wrote:
etgirl wrote:made it all the way to the kebaya check today. and was asked to go back to the interviewer's room again and walk back and forth. but i was still eliminated. does any one knows what they were looking for?
You're either too skinny or a little plump, thus do not look good in the kebaya. However, you might be an acceptable weight but maybe your body looks disproportionate in the kebaya? Try and shape/tone your body?

Then again, there can be many reasons why. These are just a few of the possible few reasons.

Don't give up! Try again. :) I believe there's a reason as to why you could make it so far!
thanks! i will try again! :)*threadmill here i come!*

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:42 pm

ponytailparade wrote:
masqueradedoll wrote:Hey, I went to the cabin crew recruitment today. Believe me,it wasn't as hard as others describe. But I didn't make it for the mass introduction cause I m too nervous. But at least I know I did try. And I came there only with my Diploma in Make Up Artistry. Which many think I shouldn't given it a try due to its not related. I didn't even ask to go home. I was allowed in the queue and waited for our group to be called for the mass introduction round. What I m trying to say here is don't ask around, tried it for yourself. FYI even someone with Higher Nitec is allowed in the queue. Try it for yourself, if you were ask to go home don't get disappointed. If you really want the job you will work hard for it and good luck. 

EVERYONE is allowed in the queue. Everyone is given a chance to try out. However, even if you pass the group interview. The next round would be checking of documents. So if you don't even 5 O's you will be asked to go home.

No one discouraged you from going. Everyone here are just telling you the facts. You need at least 5 O's, that's the fact. So why don't you get 5 O's then try again? Why keep trying and end up getting booted out at the first round?

Honestly, everyone is nervous there. Interviewers do not reject you because of that. They see your qualifications and the way you talk too.
Hi there, I kinda disagree with ponytailparade. The website might state 5 Olevels credits but if you got a diploma cert or degree cert, who gives a damn about your Olevels credits? :)

Repeating your Olevels might be a risky thing. Why dont you just go for another diploma that is more known? I'm not saying your diploma in makeup is not useful or back yourself up with a diploma from local schools will be better.

All the best if you are going for the next interview!!! ;)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 18 Jun 2012 2:13 pm

Are u too skinny or on the plump side?? Maybe u can try to work on that part??