Singapore Expats

Financial Services / Banking roles

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rosy83uk

Financial Services / Banking roles

Post by rosy83uk » Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:39 pm

:???:
Hi Guys
really sorry to ask this again but I've noticed sometimes with more detail about the person posting means you give a more tailored answer.

28 year old female
British (raised in Wales) UK, but Indian parents
Undergraduate at a good top 10 UK university
MSC at a good London University

2 years working in Investment Banks back and middle office
3 years working for a big 4 consulting firm
2 years working as a Business Analyst / Project Manager in Financial Services

Any clue how I can apply from UK?
Agents have been useless, not sending roles through or even responding to the roles they post I enquire about

Applying direct also seems abysmal!

Any clues guys?

Many thanks in advance
R
Off to pastures anew...or continue to enjoy Brit taxes and Brit rain?!!!!

futurebiz1

Post by futurebiz1 » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:43 pm

I have a profile quite similar to you. From your education and past experience, I would think that you would be looking at something between 7 and 12K/month+ benefits. Getting a direct offer without references for such roles from a foreign country is usually very difficult (particularly for people under 30). Salaries for project managers/business analysts can vary widely in SG. I have personally seen people getting 4K (lower end)-15K (higher end) doing pretty much the same thing

I would suggest you to get transferred from a firm in UK or try to use some connections from your current or past jobs.Job market in financial sector is still bleak and finding new and good jobs without references is very difficult. But no harm in trying. I would recommend efinancialcareers site. I think you should be able to find some interesting roles here, but be patient and persistent. Good Luck!

rosy83uk

Post by rosy83uk » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks!!
Without being a show off in the UK there are loads of opportunities for my kind of profile but I really fancy escaping to Singapore and trying something new to push myself.

I will continue to persist

Another disheartening thing of late from phoning agencies I have found the reception is manned by gatekeepers who insist you just email your cv to their generic recruitment site inbox and won't let me speak to any Consultants directly

Just a complete lack of help or approachability

I guess they have to stop riff raff just ringing and time wasting

Just can't bear the thought of my cv just sitting in a generic inbox

lol sorry guys whinging!!
Off to pastures anew...or continue to enjoy Brit taxes and Brit rain?!!!!

sn84

Post by sn84 » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 8:10 pm

Headhunters will only contact overseas ppl when the profile is really outstanding (+10-15 years of working experience). I think your profile is strong but there are many other candidates with the same background here...