Singapore Expats

Duration of an LTVP for stay in singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Serendipitysays

Duration of an LTVP for stay in singapore

Post by Serendipitysays » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:48 am

Does anyone know how long an LTVP is usually given for a dependent. My husband and myself are both PR'S but want to get our two month old an LTVP... Does anyone know whats the duration of stay for an LTVP in 'Singapore ?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Duration of an LTVP for stay in singapore

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 1:26 am

Serendipitysays wrote:Does anyone know how long an LTVP is usually given for a dependent. My husband and myself are both PR'S but want to get our two month old an LTVP... Does anyone know whats the duration of stay for an LTVP in 'Singapore ?

It varies from 3 months onwards to 5 years. For child , it will be a straight deal of 2 to 5 years
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Serendipitysays

Post by Serendipitysays » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 4:07 pm

Strange ! We got our kids ltvp today but it seems to have just a years validity !Is that the usual norm ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Jun 2012 4:20 pm

Is the child a male child? If so, you might find that you will not be able to extend the LTVP after that year because you did not get him PR as well, which means you are trying to dodge obligations. IF that is the case, then you may well find that when you try to get your REP, you may find that is also only given for a year (final) unless all are brought in. They are not stupid and woe to anybody who, to their folly, thinks so.

But they may do it for females as well as you are still showing them that you have no intentions of being "Permanent" residents.

I think your nick will be anything but......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 1:43 am

It is possible that ICA only issues One Year visa for reason unknown to me. As long as you stay and live here, renewal is not an issue. Be thankful and some may not even get a One Month SVP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 3:41 am

Curious how you went from wanting to get an LTVP at 1pm to having it issued by 4pm

:???:

Serendipitysays

Post by Serendipitysays » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 8:08 am

We had of course applied for A Ltvp before his short term visa expired( a month after birth ) The ltvp gets approved in principle way before but you have to submit relevant documents and set up an appointment with ICA .All this before you can get your card The whole process takes about a month. My intention was to find out what's the usual duration of ltvp as I had no info around that . So appreciate the input as always !

Serendipitysays

Post by Serendipitysays » Fri, 15 Jun 2012 8:18 am

Mad Scientist wrote:It is possible that ICA only issues One Year visa for reason unknown to me. As long as you stay and live here, renewal is not an issue. Be thankful and some may not even get a One Month SVP
Me thinks if you meet the criteria and make enough Moolah to support your child born here in Singapore, there is no reason as to why the govt won't approve your child's request for a lTVP. The duration of the lTVP i suppose is wholly their discretion . One year is good enough time I suppose.