Singapore Expats

S Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
chrisxian

S Pass

Post by chrisxian » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:26 pm

Hi everyone...

I just want to share my case and ask for suggestions...

I went here to Singapore last April 18 to look for a job. I had a prospective employer who applied for my pass... Unfortunately got rejected so i asked for an extension of my svp... My employer appealed and luckily last week my pass was approved.. This monday i had my medical but my problem is that my hr did not yet call me for the next step... I think its the fingerprinting at MOM. My dilemma is that my svp ends this sunday... Do i need to exit? Like in malaysia... Or i can bé given an extension here in singapore? If in case i'll exit... Would there bé a chance that the immigration officer won't allow me to enter singapore?

Thanx guys!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 1:37 pm

Try to extend online. If that doesn't work, make a trip to ICA at Kallang and explain to the officer that you have an approved work pass but are still waiting for the medical results before collecting the work pass and need an extension on your svp until you can finish processing your work pass.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chrisxian

Post by chrisxian » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 10:50 am

Thanks for the reply... I went last Friday at MOM and they gave me 2 weeks extension... I have another querry, how long does it take for the medical report to be released.. I had my medical a week ago and when i called the HR of my company they said the result is not yet forwarded.. Im a bit worried...

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:27 am

Usually it should be ready within 3 working days. And it can be ready after 24 hours if you are willing to pay express fee.