Singapore Expats

The moral maze: You be the judge

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 4:55 pm

They let him go.

In fact they even kept serving him alcoholic drinks, and he had been going for it the whole flight. The two people next to him asked to be moved and were, much to their visible relief.

We wondered if the police would have been called to meet the plane. No. One thing we heard from the crew was 'He doesn't speak English', as if that matters.

On arrival, a man from ground-crew stopped him and his mother (?) and stood by him until he was through immigration. Once through they behaved as if they had won the lottery.

p.s. I found the situation interesting as a compare/contrast to the story here a few weeks ago of the Pinoy arrested for picking up a pair of sunglasses in a remittance centre.

The perp was PRC/HK (per passport), male, probably mid-late 20s

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:17 pm

I don't get it. Seriously don't get it.

But hey, your neighbour for his phone back and I guess that's what matters?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 Jun 2012 11:55 pm

Yeah. I'd have liked to see him dragged off the plane, his face pummeled into the runway for ten minutes. Him being liberally beaten with a fence-post. And then the cops urinating on him.

But then I have this thing about law and order hehe...

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 1:41 am

Incidents like this make me seriously worry about what the reaction of the cabin crew would be in a real emergency situation. Best not to think about that too much. [-o<
Be careful what you wish for

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 1:45 am

We're sorry that none of the exit doors were opened, and that everybody died.

The people seated there were PRCs and didn't speak English.

Buh-bye.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 7:28 am

I was on a domestic US flight last night and almost the exact opposite thing happened. Some drunk guy got on and say next to my wife and kid. He started talking for about 20 seconds, and I saw the FA look at him and then scuttle off. Maybe three minutes later, he came back and asked the guy if he would mind coming for a quick chat, saying he wanted to make "alternate arrangements for his seating". This guy was drunk and thought he was getting an upgrade. I saw local airport police already at the front of the plane waiting for him :cool:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 3:02 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I was on a domestic US flight last night and almost the exact opposite thing happened. Some drunk guy got on and say next to my wife and kid. He started talking for about 20 seconds, and I saw the FA look at him and then scuttle off. Maybe three minutes later, he came back and asked the guy if he would mind coming for a quick chat, saying he wanted to make "alternate arrangements for his seating". This guy was drunk and thought he was getting an upgrade. I saw local airport police already at the front of the plane waiting for him :cool:
Wow, that's pretty far our. Our stories are rather like chalk and cheese.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 3:35 pm

JR8 wrote:
Wow, that's pretty far our. Our stories are rather like chalk and cheese.
Sounds like a classic case of east vs west

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Jun 2012 3:37 pm

Oh that's funny. I'd completely missed the fact that Z's experience was on a domestic US flight. But now I know that, the story makes a lot more sense!