Singapore Expats

PR enquires for my wife, thinking to attempt it this year.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
acidrain

PR enquires for my wife, thinking to attempt it this year.

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:14 am

Dear all,

I have been reading up most of the posts by the members especially on the different PR matters & it’s very supportive for the members to post their feedback & advice. Pertaining to my queries, I hope to receive your advice which I will really appreciate it.

I am Singaporean, age 37 holding a bachelor degree in IT from an Australia university, working as an IT Administrator, salary $3500, have been paying tax & contribute to my CPF all these years. Have a HDB flat under my name as my main owner; my mum is the co owner. No criminal records.

My wife is from China (Shanghai) age 28, did her diploma in marketing (Full time) with Marketing Institute of Singapore & her degree in marketing (Full time) with UK university Full time with Marketing Institute of Singapore through distance learning. In total, 2 years of full time studies in Singapore.

Both of us married in year 2010. Total staying period in Singapore is about 3 years. Last year 2011, attempt to apply PR for her after our 1 year marriage and got rejected, feedback from ICA, saying she can continue to stay with her long term visit pass.

Subsequently, I go to my area MP to ask him to write an appeal letter to ICA, got rejected again after the appeal & feedback from ICA, saying she can continue to stay with her employment pass.

My wife has been working for the first company as Marketing Manager with employment pass almost a year. Due to the working environment, been unhappy, recently, she just change job & all along, she has difficulty to look for a job coz most companies call her up and ask her whether does she has the PR. Now, she is on S pass instead Employment pass, downgraded by MOM due to requirements and she is drawing $2800 working as a Planner.

I am thinking to re-attempt to apply her PR this coming June 2012 & this June will be our 2 years marriage. From the past posts by the rest, it also mention, 2 years of marriage will have a better chance to secure the PR.

Any members have any advice or feedback on my matter?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Last edited by acidrain on Fri, 01 Jun 2012 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR enquires for my wife, thinking to attempt it this yea

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 11:17 am

acidrain wrote:Dear all,

I have been reading up most of the posts by the members especially on the different PR matters & it’s very supportive for the members to post their feedback & advice. Pertaining to my queries, I hope to receive your advice which I will really appreciate it.

I am Singaporean, age 37 holding a bachelor degree in IT from an Australia university, working as an IT Administrator, salary $3500, have been paying tax & contribute to my CPF all these years. Have a HDB flat under my name as my main owner; my mum is the co owner. No criminal records.

My wife is from China (Shanghai) age 28, did her diploma in marketing (Full time) with Marketing Institute of Singapore & her degree in marketing (Full time) with Northumbria university (UK) Full time with Marketing Institute of Singapore through distance learning. In total, 2 years of full time studies in Singapore.

Both of us married in year 2010. Total staying period in Singapore is about 3 years. Last year 2011, attempt to apply PR for her after our 1 year marriage and got rejected, feedback from ICA, saying she can continue to stay with her long term visit pass.

Subsequently, I go to my area MP to ask him to write an appeal letter to ICA, got rejected again after the appeal & feedback from ICA, saying she can continue to stay with her employment pass.

My wife has been working for the first company as Marketing and Office Manager with employment pass almost a year. Due to the working environment, been unhappy, recently, she just change job & all along, she has difficulty to look for a job coz most companies call her up and ask her whether does she has the PR. Now, she is on S pass instead Employment pass, downgraded by MOM due to requirements and she is drawing $2800 working as a Planner.

I am thinking to re-attempt to apply her PR this coming June 2012 & this June will be our 2 years marriage. From the past post, it also mention, 2 years of marriage will have a better chance to secure the PR.

Any members have any advice or feedback on my matter?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Just my 2 cents, try after 6 months. You may have a reasonable chance

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:17 pm

Agreed. Wait until you have been married for at least two years THEN reapply one last time. If it comes up rejected again, consider immigrating to China if she should lose her S pass. Or, try to get her a LTVP+ pass which would allow here to stay here for 5 years and also allow her to work on a Letter of Consent.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:24 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:[Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks SingaporeFlyer, really appreciate it.

Any particular reason for it? End of last year 2011, i am notify that my appeal rejected and this June will be after 6 month from last year.

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Agreed. Wait until you have been married for at least two years THEN reapply one last time. If it comes up rejected again, consider immigrating to China if she should lose her S pass. Or, try to get her a LTVP+ pass which would allow here to stay here for 5 years and also allow her to work on a Letter of Consent.
Thanks Sundaymorningstaple, really appreciate your feedback.

I did thought of going to China especially Shanghai to work and that was before she come over to Singapoare for her full time studies. However, all the jobs i get, are all from Beijing instead Shanghai.

I heard about the LTVP+ pass but on personal opinion, i think its still new and not much companies are ready to take in the people. The companies that call my wife, all ask for PR. Haiz! :(

Apart from that, without PR, I can't buy a brand new HDB unless go for resale & my current flat, myself and my wife are staying with my parents and brother.

Without a new home, we can't really start family planning ideally. Because of this PR thingy, alot of things have to be hold back for my end.

Since the day I put in the PR request, couple of my friends and my wife colleagues who are less qualified than us, all manage to get their PR.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:58 pm

acidrain wrote:

Any particular reason for it? End of last year 2011, i am notify that my appeal rejected and this June will be after 6 month from last year.
The reason is just to increase the length of stay,length of married life and also to show stability to settle down in SG. No other reason.

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 1:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
acidrain wrote:

The reason is just to increase the length of stay,length of married life and also to show stability to settle down in SG. No other reason.
Ok and understand on it. The time when I went to see my Area MP, he said it will prefer 3 years then there is a likely chance to get the PR.

In the forum, I saw there are posting mention 2 years.

In regardless, how truth is the fact, there are people that I known, less than a year, less qualified able to get the PR.

Since I am born in this country and over the 30 years period, I have never sought any help from the government or others. Apart from that me, my family, my wife and her family records are clean & decent.

Sometimes I also wonder, is it really base a lot on luck.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 3:27 pm

Going by previous encounter, you will lucky to get her PR approve within this year. Why the rush ? You are Sger and she already has LTSVP pass pre approved. Look for job , be patience or else you will become a patient.
Sometime common sense is not common while dealing with agency
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 3:49 pm

The primary reason, as I understand it, is to prevent Singaporean males from being duped, seeing they are not too clued in when it comes to women. Lot's of PRC women latch onto a local dude for a couple of years, get married and shortly after getting PR, poof! They are gone, divorced the dude after cleaning out his bank account and either on to another or set themselves up here without looking back. Immigration is wise to this so tends to make those people who have married PRC and/or Vietnamese women wait at least two years before allowing the foreign spouse to gain PR. What will tend to speed it up is having a male child shortly after getting married (1+ years). The child will be a Singapore Citizen and required to do National Service.

So, if you don't have any children, you need to remember or learn how to use it, and get busy. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 4:16 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Going by previous encounter, you will lucky to get her PR approve within this year. Why the rush ? You are Sger and she already has LTSVP pass pre approved. Look for job , be patience or else you will become a patient.
Sometime common sense is not common while dealing with agency
Thanks for the feedback Mad Scientist.

I hope to get my wife PR approve within this year (Hopefully) Hence, currently, she is on S pass downgraded from Employment pass after changing job after searching it for many months, most of them are negative.

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Fri, 01 Jun 2012 4:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The primary reason, as I understand it, is to prevent Singaporean males from being duped, seeing they are not too clued in when it comes to women. Lot's of PRC women latch onto a local dude for a couple of years, get married and shortly after getting PR, poof! They are gone, divorced the dude after cleaning out his bank account and either on to another or set themselves up here without looking back. Immigration is wise to this so tends to make those people who have married PRC and/or Vietnamese women wait at least two years before allowing the foreign spouse to gain PR. What will tend to speed it up is having a male child shortly after getting married (1+ years). The child will be a Singapore Citizen and required to do National Service.

So, if you don't have any children, you need to remember or learn how to use it, and get busy. :wink:
Once again, thanks for the feedback Sundaymorningstaple. Indeed, we have heard of such cases for the past few years and it has been reported on the newspapers almost on the daily basis. Once again, thanks for the highlight.

I am just wondering if the lady manage to get the PR but after that she divorce the guy, during the 5 years renewal, will her PR get revoke? Any people heard or come across such cases.

chikichisi

Post by chikichisi » Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:16 pm

Having said all these, difficult to predict the result. All depends on your luck. So just be calm, wait till June and re-apply. Once again, Best of Luck.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Sat, 02 Jun 2012 4:12 pm

My relative china wife got rejected for pr in her first application. but she got approved for PR in her second application after give birth to a baby girl.

acidrain

Post by acidrain » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 2:51 am

chikichisi wrote:Having said all these, difficult to predict the result. All depends on your luck. So just be calm, wait till June and re-apply. Once again, Best of Luck.
Thanks for your encouragement Chikichisi, really appreciate your well wishes.
tidus12000 wrote:My relative china wife got rejected for pr in her first application. but she got approved for PR in her second application after give birth to a baby girl.
Thanks for your sharing tidus12000. Indeed, having a baby will be a plus point. But for my wife, she wants to focus on her work hence if i not mistaken, i think she dun like kids. Personally for myself, I like kids and never have the thought of not having one.

As for her thinking, she might changes in the near future, I never know.

After the 2 rejections from the 1st application follow by appeal, i am equally sad, alot of things are hold back & seeing my wife suffer because of her work also hurt my heart.

But there is a limit I can do and beyond my control as well. :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:08 am

I would think seriously about your marriage if one wants children and the other doesn't. Can seriously throw a spanner in the works later. Better sort that one out first. From one who has had several wives and several children.