Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Suppes

Post by Suppes » Mon, 28 May 2012 1:14 pm

Hello,

I hope everyone's doing great! My name's Brian, I'm new here and I have a few questions about the SIA CC interview and the job.

The Interview:
-Would having a ezcema scar (a brown patch) 0.5cm in diameter on my cheek adversely affect my chances?
-How long is the whole interview process? Will it be over by the coming monday if it started on saturday?

The Job:
-What is the number of annual leave days in a year?

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my questions.
Last edited by Suppes on Tue, 29 May 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meuzame

Post by meuzame » Mon, 28 May 2012 6:59 pm

nemome wrote:Anyone interested to get the cabin crew secrets manual from Kristine? I've one!
Max 5 people. Would close the deal by the end of the month, so hopefuls can have 2 weeks to prepare for the April walk-in interview :)

Let me know!
HI, can i have it? Paid for it but i didn't managed to download it :( Emailed her but no replies for 4 days already.

FlyhighUPUPUP

Post by FlyhighUPUPUP » Mon, 28 May 2012 9:49 pm

HI hi, after payment there should be link u to download... I also brought it .. Maybe she will reply u soon ...

meuzame

Post by meuzame » Mon, 28 May 2012 11:17 pm

masqueradedoll wrote:Anyone going on for the interview on the 16th June? Care to go together?
I'll be going for the 16th June interview. It will be my second time.

meuzame

Post by meuzame » Mon, 28 May 2012 11:19 pm

FlyhighUPUPUP wrote:HI hi, after payment there should be link u to download... I also brought it .. Maybe she will reply u soon ...
Hi FlyhighUPUPUP, Can you PM me? I cannot PM you because im a new user. Would you mind sharing me the link. I can prove with my paypal receipt.

shouldiorshouldinot

Post by shouldiorshouldinot » Tue, 29 May 2012 12:35 am

Hi sstan123, hope you can help me with this. I'm an ex crew and I've tried sq thrice last year and made it to the management round twice. I'm turning 30 this year. Is my age the main factor that I got rejected during management interview? Should I mention that I'm an ex air crew during the first introduction round? Or should I just give up trying for sq as the interviewers would prefer younger crew? Thanks!

FlyhighUPUPUP

Post by FlyhighUPUPUP » Tue, 29 May 2012 2:50 pm

meuzame wrote:
FlyhighUPUPUP wrote:HI hi, after payment there should be link u to download... I also brought it .. Maybe she will reply u soon ...
Hi FlyhighUPUPUP, Can you PM me? I cannot PM you because im a new user. Would you mind sharing me the link. I can prove with my paypal receipt.

Hi i am sorry, I don't think I can track back the link after I print out the slides .... Maybe u got to wait for her to reply ... I did email her sometime ago she also took sometime to get back to me ya.... so don't worry she will get back to u :)

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Tue, 29 May 2012 11:32 pm

@shouldiorshouldinot: hi, I'm just curious, are you an ex crew from SQ or other airlines?

derenla

Post by derenla » Wed, 30 May 2012 1:13 am

Hey guys, I tried for the walk in a few months back. Got through all the rounds but didn't make it thru medical check up. The reason was not known but I believe it was due to my spinal problem, scoliosis. I don't know if I should try again. My scoliosis has not been a big problem at all. But I'm not sure if it's definitely a no-no. Feel so discouraged that I cannot live my dream due to the medical.

tomandjerryonwards

Post by tomandjerryonwards » Wed, 30 May 2012 12:06 pm

derenla wrote:Hey guys, I tried for the walk in a few months back. Got through all the rounds but didn't make it thru medical check up. The reason was not known but I believe it was due to my spinal problem, scoliosis. I don't know if I should try again. My scoliosis has not been a big problem at all. But I'm not sure if it's definitely a no-no. Feel so discouraged that I cannot live my dream due to the medical.
Hi I am in the same situation as you except that I am currently waiting for the results, which I hope is not a rejection letter. Did your rejection letter state why you were rejected?

If I fail my medical check up I will not be trying again because I can't do much about my situation already. I incurred costs also because of the further check ups!! :shock:

derenla

Post by derenla » Wed, 30 May 2012 1:19 pm

tomandjerryonwards wrote:
derenla wrote:Hey guys, I tried for the walk in a few months back. Got through all the rounds but didn't make it thru medical check up. The reason was not known but I believe it was due to my spinal problem, scoliosis. I don't know if I should try again. My scoliosis has not been a big problem at all. But I'm not sure if it's definitely a no-no. Feel so discouraged that I cannot live my dream due to the medical.
Hi I am in the same situation as you except that I am currently waiting for the results, which I hope is not a rejection letter. Did your rejection letter state why you were rejected?

If I fail my medical check up I will not be trying again because I can't do much about my situation already. I incurred costs also because of the further check ups!! :shock:

Ya I paid around $200 for the additional check up. They just sent me a letter stating that I was not selected. Nth much was written. Not sure if I could even get back the results from the medical centre. Anyway, I still feel like trying again. Do you have scoliosis as well? I know that they actually look at the degree of curvature. If its not too serious should be ok.

Tating

Post by Tating » Wed, 30 May 2012 1:56 pm

hi, has anyone email SIA before? how long do they usually reply or call back?

and when they reply back to come down to submit our pending documents, do they give us the date we r starting training or sign the contract on that day itself?

derenla

Post by derenla » Wed, 30 May 2012 2:25 pm

Anyone going for the interview on the 16th?? I wanna try again!! :)

Does anyone heard of ppl failing medical but got thru after trying again? Is there such a thing?

vanilla12

Post by vanilla12 » Wed, 30 May 2012 3:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for the interview for 6 times already. The first time I got through till the kebaya round. But after that I keep failing at round 1. Its been 5 times since I got stucked at the first round. Cant believe I can get pass round 1 the first time but not after.

Can anyone advise what may hv gone wrong or what are the impt things to note at round 1? Really appreciate if somebody could help. Thanks in advance! :)

MorningKiss

Post by MorningKiss » Wed, 30 May 2012 4:57 pm

Hi @vanilla12, maybe it depends on the girls that were grouped together with you in round 1, if everyone is of good standards to the interviewers, then it would be tougher to shine out amongst the rest? Maybe need extra x-factor and luck also? :???:
vanilla12 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been trying for the interview for 6 times already. The first time I got through till the kebaya round. But after that I keep failing at round 1. Its been 5 times since I got stucked at the first round. Cant believe I can get pass round 1 the first time but not after.

Can anyone advise what may hv gone wrong or what are the impt things to note at round 1? Really appreciate if somebody could help. Thanks in advance! :)