Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
firefries

Post by firefries » Wed, 23 May 2012 11:58 am

I have tried 3 times too. got booted out at different rounds for those 3 times.
But i really want this job! It is like a challenge for myself, a dream i want to work towards.

However, i got married in May, and just turned 25 this year. Now i'm worried if my chances will become lower or if they totally wont consider me once they see my married status on the application form:(

Nonetheless i'm still gonna try! so jiayou everyone!

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Wed, 23 May 2012 2:07 pm

firefries wrote:I have tried 3 times too. got booted out at different rounds for those 3 times.
But i really want this job! It is like a challenge for myself, a dream i want to work towards.

However, i got married in May, and just turned 25 this year. Now i'm worried if my chances will become lower or if they totally wont consider me once they see my married status on the application form:(

Your married status would not affect your chance to be a stewardess with SIA. Don't give up if it is your dream. Btw there is another interview on 16 June in Singapore.
Good luck!

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 24 May 2012 1:44 am

yanfen87 wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote: Sorry to interrupt, but dont give up if this is what you really want!!! :) You might want to ask for tips from your friends who are already in the airline industry so that you can ace the next interview. Jiayou girls!
thanks for the encouragement :) but age is catching up, i will be 25 this year liao... haha but yeah jiayou to all who's still trying!
I have just turn 24!! will 24-25 yrs old be too late??

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Thu, 24 May 2012 8:31 am

yoyobin wrote:
yanfen87 wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote: Sorry to interrupt, but dont give up if this is what you really want!!! :) You might want to ask for tips from your friends who are already in the airline industry so that you can ace the next interview. Jiayou girls!
thanks for the encouragement :) but age is catching up, i will be 25 this year liao... haha but yeah jiayou to all who's still trying!
It is fine. You will see ppl joining at 29 or so as well. Good luck..

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Thu, 24 May 2012 8:33 am

yoyobin wrote:
yanfen87 wrote:

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Thu, 24 May 2012 9:33 am

dannyooi_84 wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
yanfen87 wrote: thanks for the encouragement :) but age is catching up, i will be 25 this year liao... haha but yeah jiayou to all who's still trying!
It's true that you will be seeing people going for the interview at the age of 29 but however the rate of them being part of SIA is very low. I have a friend trying out at 28 and honestly speaking, I think that she is perfect (fyi; her current job is paying much more higher than SIA) but she was booted out of the management round due to her age. The most common question she got from the interviewers during the interview is "At your age now, dont you think career switch is a very risky thing?"

So my opinions are do try out when you are still young!

firefries

Post by firefries » Thu, 24 May 2012 10:32 am

sstan123 wrote:
firefries wrote:I have tried 3 times too. got booted out at different rounds for those 3 times.

Your married status would not affect your chance to be a stewardess with SIA. Don't give up if it is your dream. Btw there is another interview on 16 June in Singapore.
Good luck!
Thanks so much sstan for the encouragement and info on the next interview! i will most prob go for it! :) Just curious, are you a cabin crew too?

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Thu, 24 May 2012 1:08 pm

Yes I am an ex cabin crew as well as cabin crew executive/trainer/interviewer with SIA.

flyhigh87

Post by flyhigh87 » Thu, 24 May 2012 1:54 pm

hi there! then can you advise if i should try again for the next intake? i've been rejected twice @ skin check round. so there is something with me that SIA don't like. abit discouraged to try again.
sstan123 wrote:Yes I am an ex cabin crew as well as cabin crew executive/trainer/interviewer with SIA.

blurrry

Post by blurrry » Thu, 24 May 2012 2:54 pm

yoyobin wrote:
yanfen87 wrote:
i will be 25 this coming june, and they accepted me on the april intake, so i don't think your age matters.
You'll Never Walk Alone

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 24 May 2012 8:56 pm

if they emailed to submit my ord cert, does that mean im in? will they inform my trg date on the spot upon submission or have to wait for their call after submission? thanks.

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 24 May 2012 9:22 pm

if they emailed to submit my ord cert, does that mean im in? will they inform my trg date on the spot upon submission or have to wait for their call after submission? thanks.

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sat, 26 May 2012 7:17 pm

Anyone going on for the interview on the 16th June? Care to go together?

masqueradedoll

Post by masqueradedoll » Sun, 27 May 2012 8:10 am

To Denny,
I can't reply you due to not enough post. Nope I did not go the CV submission for Qatar.

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sun, 27 May 2012 10:42 pm

flyhigh87 wrote:hi there! then can you advise if i should try again for the next intake? i've been rejected twice @ skin check round. so there is something with me that SIA don't like. abit discouraged to try again.
sstan123 wrote:Yes I am an ex cabin crew as well as cabin crew executive/trainer/interviewer with SIA.
You should do something about your skin condition or you would be wasting your time trying again and again.