Singapore Expats

About Employment Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Broaner

Post by Broaner » Thu, 17 May 2012 9:56 am

Thank you for your repky once again Sms.

Yup, i have checked online and i'm absolutely certain that my pass have been approved. I'm currently holding a long term visit pass and i had been studying in singapore for 10 years, i've just recently graduated so i am helpless in this situation.

Can you advised me? What should i do? How should i ask the manager about the pass? I want to start working as soon as possible.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 May 2012 1:08 pm

It sounds like the employer is having second thoughts to me.

"Hi Mr. Employer", I just found out a little while ago, while checking online with MOM, that my Employment Pass has been approved. Can you give me a timeline as to when you would like me to collect the pass and start work?"

That way you don't look like you have known it for a while now and will also give him/her the knowledge that they have to make up their mind. If he puts you off, I would really have to think twice about how badly I want to work for "that" company.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Broaner

Post by Broaner » Thu, 17 May 2012 3:42 pm

Thank you for your advice Sms, i greatly appreciate... I'll contact the manager as soon as possible

szhang010

Post by szhang010 » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 7:17 pm

Broaner wrote:Thank you for your repky once again Sms.

Yup, i have checked online and i'm absolutely certain that my pass have been approved. I'm currently holding a long term visit pass and i had been studying in singapore for 10 years, i've just recently graduated so i am helpless in this situation.

Can you advised me? What should i do? How should i ask the manager about the pass? I want to start working as soon as possible.

Hi there,

Really happy for you, you finally got it. I'm currently somewhat at a same situation as you, I am also rejected with the similar reason, can I have your contact number,I really need your help to help me get out of it,will really appreciate if you can help me. Thanks a lot, do provide a way that I can contact with you. Thanks ~~~~

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Aug 2013 8:09 pm

szhang010, the OP wasn't rejected. Are you sure you have the right thread?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Vincci

Post by Vincci » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:22 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
54nd1990 wrote: It's basically a long story... I will try to keep it short though.

And so, i gathered my courage and told my boss I want to withdraw myself. He totally understood me, He shook my hand and he told me it is such a loss since he thinks I am a good candidate, it is just I have alot in mind with my father suddenly collapsed and needed a surgery. So, he told me that I should write a resignation letter so that it doesn't look like I was the one who was fired by the company, but instead, it is me who withdrawn from the company, so that I do not have any bad record in MOM. he said that CLEARLY. and so, i did it, i created a withdrawal letter, it was signed, and my withdrawal process going smoothly.
First of all, let me say, your English is pretty good. But the problem I'm having at the moment, comes from the above paragraph. It might be purely a function of not being a native English speaker, or it might mean something else more basic......

So, he told me that I should write a resignation letter so that it doesn't look like I was the one who was fired by the company,

I don't want this to be confrontational and I do understand you are upset, but something need clarification in your story.....

Letter of Resignation: This is normally what most employers do when "firing" an employee so that the employee doesn't have a termination on his CV employment history. But this statement is never "advised" by the employer for a person who has voluntarily resigned from the company as it's not necessary. So, to me, your mentioning it, tells me that something is amiss in your telling of the facts. Did you quit without notice? Did you give any notice at all? Did you, in fact, get terminated by the employer? Something just doesn't sit quite right. Help me out here, cause at the moment, I see an employee who was terminated and blacklisted by the employer, not as a person who voluntarily left his job.......

sms
Hi sms, I've been lurking around this forum for some time and joined because I was intrigued by the topic.

I'm confused by your statement, doesn't the letter of resignation act as a notice for the employer that he/she is gonna quit? because the way you put it, is as if a letter of resignation is not necessary but just a simple notice that you are voluntarily resigning from your job is sufficient. Sorry if i interpreted your statement wrongly but that is what I understood after re-reading your statement again

Lunakwok

Re: About Employment Pass

Post by Lunakwok » Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:20 am

54nd1990 wrote:Hi all, I am wondering how is the application of EP being processed.

Currently I have a company which offered me a job and we applied for EP about a month ago. However, it got rejected. My HR called MOM and asked about the rejection reason. It seems that it is because I written my salary wrongly (it is never my intention to overstate, I just misunderstood the question), in the form it was written "last drawn salary" i thought it was for one whole month. so i wrote my past monthly salary. MOM thought I was trying to commit a fraud. "last drawn salary" means whatever you have received after your work. I have misunderstood this.

So we submitted an appeal, together with clarification letter from my company, my personal bank statement for proof im not committing a fraud, and my last payslip to prove it is the monthly salary and "what you are asking" is salary which I got, not my monthly salary.

Today is the third week, and it got rejected again. I cannot understand the reason... MOM didn't give any reason this time. Then since my company has some branches (with different company name and reg number) they tried to apply an S-Pass for me again. It stated there "this candidate is not applicable for a working pass. please find another candidate".

I don't know, what did I do wrong? I am wondering is this why my appeal is rejected? I waited 3 weeks for this result. If I am not suitable, then why not just tell me on the first rejection... instead MOM asked about something else, I thought that was the real reason.

My job is managing my company accounts, since my company has so many ventures across south east asia, my job is to manage the accounts for these ventures in Indonesia from Singapore, since I am an Indonesian citizen, I can speak the language fluently. these ventures are divided by countries, such as thailand, taiwan, hongkong, singapore, malaysia, etc. so they are looking for each country's citizen who can speak the local language.

My payment met the requirement of EP and I have an EPEC, but I doubt that will help much.

I'm just wondering why am I being rejected for so many times.
HI,I have the same problem with you also. I applied S Pass a few times and all were rejected with the same reason. I am not eligible to apply for a work pass. Have u obtained your work pass? please advise how to do. I am in difficult situation and hope God will show his miracle to me.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: About Employment Pass

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 20 Jul 2014 5:13 pm

Lunakwok wrote:
54nd1990 wrote: .....
HI,I have the same problem with you also. I applied S Pass a few times and all were rejected with the same reason. I am not eligible to apply for a work pass. Have u obtained your work pass? please advise how to do. I am in difficult situation and hope God will show his miracle to me.
54nd1990 hasn't posted here for over two years; it looks like they didn't like the answers that SMS provided.

Rather than trying to get an answer from a defunct poster, why don't you provide some details here and we can try to help you.

Having said that, if your prospective employer has been informed by MOM that you are not eligible for a work pass, then that looks pretty clear cut. However, if you want to provide some background as to why they might have come to such a decision, SMS and others may wish to comment.
Be careful what you wish for

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sun, 20 Jul 2014 5:20 pm

The OP was last on this forum over two years ago. He may have had to leave Singapore.
MoM writes "not eligible for work pass" only in very clear cases, and this cannot be changed by short-term measures. Any appeal or re-application (even with another employer/salary/industry) is then a waste of time.
You better look for a Plan B - maybe another country.

Lunakwok

Post by Lunakwok » Sun, 20 Jul 2014 6:09 pm

Hi all,

I dont know why MOM gave such reasons. It could be due to salary or company's size as my prospective company is in service line and have only 10 staff or other reasons. The company offered me with the minimum S Pass salary as the same with fresh graduate but I have one and half years of experience. He called MOM to ask about the reason and how come I am not eligible and MOM told him that there is no reason for the rejection as even your candidate meet all the S Pass requirements, it is still up to MOM's discretion for the pass approval and appeal wont use.However, before that, I got one company (small company also) that applied but rejected also. At the time the co called MOM and they gave reason to provide my passport and co's ACCRA number to them but that company didnt do appeal and only made inquiry as the company did not want to wait for one month. Most of my friends also get the same rejection reason from MOM.

Yes correct, its my finale try. if cant then i wont regret also as i try my best already. I know that God will give me another good plan. Thank you.