Singapore Expats

EP got rejected!!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mpkrish

EP got rejected!!

Post by mpkrish » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 3:41 pm

Hi,
This is my 1st post here.. need your advice.
I moved to Singapore on EP (P1) in Sep’2010 along with my wife on DP.

We applied for PR on 15th March’2012. Status still Pending.. I blv it will take 5 to 7 months.

Since my wife was on DP, she started searching for job and couldn’t find any for last 16months. she has 4yrs of exp in with Post graduate in Finance through distant education and a Commerce Bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Recently she got a job in a very small firm (with just 6members). They applied for LoC and got rejected twice and later they applied for S-pass, again got rejected. The same month she got an offer , company applied for EP and got rejected :( . Company is appealing for it.

Questions:
1) Is it because I’ve applied for PR last month my wife’s EP got rejected?
2) Though she has a good exp, good education and a good company, what would be the possible reason for rejection?
3) When I apply for PR, I wrongly entered my year of education instead of 1/5/2006, I’ve entered 1/5/2005 however have given the right dates when I got my EP & when my wife applied for her EP . Will this be a reason?
4) Is there a way that I can correct this date for PR application?
Last edited by mpkrish on Thu, 17 May 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 4:11 pm

Distant education and India are probably the least favorite flavors of the post-GE era you've been living right now in.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 4:29 pm

For all intents and purposes this is what you are doing.....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 4:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:For all intents and purposes this is what you are doing.....

Should admin include something like that with the emoticons available? Seems to be getting a lot of mileage.

:lol:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

mpkrish

Post by mpkrish » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 1:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:For all intents and purposes this is what you are doing.....

funny though!! do you mean its of no use in trying for a job when you in DP?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 1:42 pm

Nah, that's not what SMS was trying to say. DP can always ATTEMPT to apply for LOC to work here but the real problem is always about the approval, whether the government really WANT to approve your wife's application or not. Hence...

I do not personally think it is related to your PR application though, but I may be wrong.

Had you been paying attention to what is happening at what x92 calls a post-GE era, you would have known that these two factors are in play. So better tighten your gut, because you may be disappointed. And unless you have something substantial to submit in an appeal/application (salary, better actual qualification, skills etc), you will be flogging a dead horse, really.

mpkrish

Post by mpkrish » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 1:46 pm

thanks guys!!

I blv the company is appealing with a better justification for hiring her to that position. fingers crossed!!

mpkrish

EP got approved!!

Post by mpkrish » Tue, 15 May 2012 5:00 pm

Happy to say, that my wife's EP got approved post an appeal from the Employer :D . However, not very sure on how it got rejected at the first stage and got approved post appeal (I guess it’s to do with the justification while appealing)

Greenry82

Post by Greenry82 » Tue, 15 May 2012 7:35 pm

Many Congrats!

Please share, when her HR appealed, how many days appeal took?

Did HR use any appeal form / just wrote a letter to MOM?

what justification her HR gave?

what supporting documents would be helpful?

Although not all cases are same, but the information you provide may help to learn more from your success story. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 May 2012 8:31 pm

Here we go again. #-o ](*,)

You must think MOM is as stupid as your post sounds. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mpkrish

Post by mpkrish » Wed, 16 May 2012 9:10 am

Greenry82 wrote:Many Congrats!
thanks!!
Please share, when her HR appealed, how many days appeal took?
Applied on 12/4, rejected on 13/4.. HR informed us saying they will appeal but not sure when they appealed it, we got a call from HR saying its approved on 15/5.

Did HR use any appeal form / just wrote a letter to MOM?
Not sure, usually HR might not share these info.

what justification her HR gave?
Not sure.

what supporting documents would be helpful?
Not sure.

Although not all cases are same, but the information you provide may help to learn more from your success story. :)