Singapore Expats

Dependant pass for PEP holder's spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dvla

Dependant pass for PEP holder's spouse

Post by dvla » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:55 am

Hello all,

I am a Personal Employment Pass holder and will be getting married soon. I plan to apply for a dependant pass for my spouse. Just found out that since I am a PEP holder, the application is completely offline - fill up a paper app and post it.

Just want to check if anyone on the forum has done this? Does it really take 5 weeks for approval as the MOM website says?

The online process takes just 7 days, but is only available to employers who apply on behalf of EP holders. :?

Thanks

cw1483
Regular
Regular

Dependent Pass for PEP's dependents

Post by cw1483 » Sun, 13 May 2012 8:40 am

Yes, that's what I saw online too. My friends on PEP also said the same thing (abt 4-5 weeks), but their spouses are UK/USA citizens so they were on visitor visa waiting in Singapore for their dependent pass and thus to them no impact.

I don't know what people from visa required countries do....I guess the PEP holder has to arrive first and apply for their spouse and wait the 5 weeks.

EP Online at
http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pa ... nline.aspx
noted "(2) Online application is not applicable to dependants of Personalised Employment Pass holder/applicant. "

Then the MOM site at:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... x#inperson
noted that "•The processing time is about five weeks. The applicant may check on the assigned Foreign Identification Number (FIN) and application status online about 21 days after submitting the application. "

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 13 May 2012 12:01 pm

When I applied for DPs for my wife and daughter, it took about 3-4 days. This is while I was on EP P1. When I applied for a PEP (six months into that EP), it took about 10 working days for all of them to get approved and convert.

I would say that your DP processing time will be most dependent on all of your paperwork and documentation related to your marriage. The more legit it looks, the less delays you should have.

cw1483
Regular
Regular

Post by cw1483 » Fri, 20 Jul 2012 2:02 pm

Dear OP,
I did the paper method and is on PEP. (I was not converted from any P1 to PEP and my dependents never had a FIN before). I wrote to MOM after 21 days to get the FIN to check online and found out that it was approved in 16 days from the date MOM received the application.

(The actual approval letter took longer to get here, but that's another story for me altogether).