Singapore Expats

Official Weight Watchers Online Program

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Tsilivi
Regular
Regular

Official Weight Watchers Online Program

Post by Tsilivi » Mon, 07 May 2012 9:55 pm

Hey, I've just joined Weight Watchers Online as there aren't any meetings in Singapore. I'm useless at the "eat well,exercise" I need a bit more structure and a kick up the bum and finding the support WW gives me is better for me personally. I've seen many WW products here but I often eat out at hawker stalls and have NO IDEA what goes into the food here.
Looking to hear from any other WW members in Singapore to bat ideas/tips/recipes etc off. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 May 2012 10:52 pm

Good Luck. You are going to need it......

http://bit.ly/JPmLPy
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tsilivi
Regular
Regular

Post by Tsilivi » Mon, 07 May 2012 11:02 pm

The failure rate of WW? I should think somebody trying to lose some weight would be given a pat on the back not a sarcastic link. But hey! Such is life.

msmsw

Re: Official Weight Watchers Online Program

Post by msmsw » Thu, 10 May 2012 1:55 am

Tsilivi wrote:Hey, I've just joined Weight Watchers Online as there aren't any meetings in Singapore. I'm useless at the "eat well,exercise" I need a bit more structure and a kick up the bum and finding the support WW gives me is better for me personally. I've seen many WW products here but I often eat out at hawker stalls and have NO IDEA what goes into the food here.
Looking to hear from any other WW members in Singapore to bat ideas/tips/recipes etc off. :D
----

Just wanted to say, I feel you on the "feeling useless at the eat well, exercise" notion of thinking.

I was once an extremely active person an since having bought a house and now live with my boyfriend who loves food and zero exercise, my weight and activeness and pretty much flown out the window. *womp womp*

On that note, I also wanted to say "Great job! --On taking the initiative to join WW and hope to start a fresh and more healthier lifestyle.. Because honey, don't ever let yourself get to the point I'm at.
It's a vicious cycle of feeling like garbage, so you eat garbage to feel better (Worst problem resolver, if I may add), then you feel more like garbage and you redo the same steps.

Then when you've got nothing to wear that fits right and have no more curtains in your living room because it's the only thing that can wrap your endless layers of skin in, strapped up with rope and duct tape??
I swear, it's just too late. Lol

... Then somehow you'll end up like me trying to get my hands on Duromine to get me back on track but end up on a wild goose chase bc doctors here are not as forthcoming about weight gain as are Asian doctors .. Sigh... Someone kill me now before hunting season, please.
Rofl

With any case, enough of my rant, GOOD LUCK AND STAY FOCUSSED, once you overcome the first few stages of withdrawal, you'll feel more in control.

Cheers!!

Oxox
MSW
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest-until your good is better and your better is best."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 May 2012 9:32 am

Tsilivi wrote:The failure rate of WW? I should think somebody trying to lose some weight would be given a pat on the back not a sarcastic link. But hey! Such is life.
As someone who lost 26 kg 4 years ago, (oh, I still am within 4 kg of that weight today) I did heaps of research for around 3 months before I embarked on a programme. WW was one of those that I researched, as was Sure Slim, Atkins & South Beach and a number of other programmes. All had their problems, either being unsustainable over the long term (Atkins & South Beach), or had built in "Cheat Days" which does not correct the improper lifestyle that lead to the weight gain in the first place. I also looked into Lapbanding as well. Most who had that surgery eventually gained back the weight as well because the underlying lifestyle wasn't changed as well (the same goes for liposuction). The links were not sarcastic at all, but an attempt to keep you from getting frustrated once on WW because of the fact that most DO fail on that programme. The odds are greatly against your being successful. Hence my links. I would hope you would do more research and embark on a programme that will, in the end, help you both physically and emotionally and not just cause you to be a yo-yo dieter.

As I said, if you embark on WW, good luck. As you are going to need it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Tsilivi
Regular
Regular

Post by Tsilivi » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 8:12 pm

I did research diet plans and still chose Weight Watchers. I'm not a yo-yo dieter either. With losing my father to cancer last year and a broken shoulder I have piled on the pounds due to comfort eating/lack of exercise. I quit smoking in January and now have to tackle my weight gain. Weight Watchers has taught me a lot. I had a lot a bad habits I hadn't realised I had as I've always been a lover of fruit and veggies and thought I ate quite healthily. Knocking back smoothies with high fructose levels for one. I like the new Pro-point system at WW and the online tools are great for me. 6 weeks in and I've lost 18 pounds and becoming much fitter. Forever cycling up and down the beach now. A nice way to spend a morning and it FEELS GOOD. I'm confident I'll crack it. Yes, many fail diets but I'm enjoying it and I'm positive about my weight loss. If Iyou have a bad day, so what? You just pick yourself up and get back on track. I'm only human.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 8:19 pm

I've seen WW be very successful for people who attend meetings. Unfortunately that ain't possible here in SG. For WW online, you're better off using http://www.myfitnesspal.com as it's pretty much the same thing without the mysterious points system and it's free. And you can surround yourself with a circle of user "friends" and share your weight loss journey with them via a "status update" feed a la Facebook.

Tsilivi
Regular
Regular

Post by Tsilivi » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for that. The tools for www.myfitnesspal are practically identical to the WW program. I often go there to check out hawker food details as the WW one isn't so good for Asian local fare. A good tip for dieters reading for sure. Nice one :D