Singapore Expats

Where can I buy cheap carpets?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
rug

Post by rug » Tue, 19 Aug 2003 6:26 pm

Does anyone know where i can get nice carpets which are not too exp? my budget is between $50 to $150.

Sonus

Post by Sonus » Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:59 pm

Guest wrote: Does anyone know where i can get nice carpets which are not too exp? my budget is between $50 to $150.
What type of material or origin are you looking for? Like Afghan, Middle East or India quality. For India, you may take a walk thru' Serangoon road where lots of Indian shops selling carpets. Middle East, maybe you could try Jalan Sultan Plaza. Cheers :D

rusty

Post by rusty » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:45 am

Try Sea Sun at IMM 3rd Floor- just directly opposite to the playground. They sell a variety of carpets. Alternatively, you can buy them from IKEA.

Auctioneer

Post by Auctioneer » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:18 pm

Try carpert auctions regularly held at hotels like the Hyatt, Goodwoood Park. Good variety bargains to be had from time to time and also free coffee :D

Riva

Post by Riva » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 7:25 am

u can try Ikea at Alexandra..

:)

awtl

Post by awtl » Sat, 06 Sep 2003 6:37 pm

The carpet auction held regularly at Hyatt in their function rooms is really a great place to get your way around the world of carpets. Peter Hedges who have a shop at Holland Village conduct auctions and the man himself not only offers a very good selection but is very good fun himself. You can hear many a snigger with the many funny comments he makes in the course of the auction. And of course there is the free coffe and pre paid parking as well. Much recommended :D

Riva

Post by Riva » Sun, 07 Sep 2003 5:37 am

awtl wrote:The carpet auction held regularly at Hyatt in their function rooms is really a great place to get your way around the world of carpets. Peter Hedges who have a shop at Holland Village conduct auctions and the man himself not only offers a very good selection but is very good fun himself. You can hear many a snigger with the many funny comments he makes in the course of the auction. And of course there is the free coffe and pre paid parking as well. Much recommended :D
How do we check when are they gg to hold the carpet auction?
Thanks...

Peter Hedges

Post by Peter Hedges » Sun, 07 Sep 2003 10:29 am

You can call the shop at Holland Village and tell them to send you a notice each time they have an auction, which is like most weekends of each week. Alternatively, try your luck and turn up at Hyatt at around 2.30pm on a Saturday and chances are that there will be an auction on. Sorry I can't give you the phone number of hand, Please look into the phone directory :laugh:

Riva

Post by Riva » Sun, 07 Sep 2003 4:56 pm

Thanks alot...

:O :p :O :p