Singapore Expats

Good sandal to walk in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 3:07 pm

Ting!

I like.

Hope pic embeds, am in Cornish cottage doing this on iPhone. Hope it works.

Nut, that sure-but-tentative stride is one I will work on; I almost had it. Looked like a human stork for a while but it was definitely the way forward.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:31 am

At the risk of boring everyone senseless, I ended up with these:

crocs-carlie-animal-wave-flat.jpg

They seem OK with jeans, hope they're OK with more summery clothes. More to the point, hope they work! Rain about to drench London, perfect time to test them out...

dancing _queen

Post by dancing _queen » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 4:51 pm

I resisted the urge to purchase fitflops for awhile cos i thought it was just a passing trend until 3 weeks ago, i finally saw a design that i liked and joined the fitflop 'club'.

They're much more comfortable than i expected and just yesterday, i wore them n walked for ages. Did the tree-top walk, and walked from Mount Faber to Vivocity!

The thick soles provided much support and the soft leather leaves me with no blisters! I'd definately recommend them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've talked the talk, now i shall dance the dance....

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 3:55 pm

i'm not sure if any off the shelf sandal can be a good product for walking...

i usually recommend a pair of shoes that fit well and splurge on custom insoles and learning to walk properly...

i've tried all sorts of sandals (including ridiculous masai MBT sandals) and nothing beats my asics + insoles.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 4:05 pm

Well I'm all sat for practise - it's pouring in London

Hidy Ho
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Hidy Ho » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 4:17 pm

taxico wrote:i've tried all sorts of sandals (including ridiculous masai MBT sandals) and nothing beats my asics + insoles.
I wear my MBT shoes and sandals and love them. Admittedly, I'm not man enough to wear them for long distance as they kick my ass (my calves, actually).

On my first week here, my legs were killing me. Couple of reasons were 1) I wasn't used to walking being a fat and out of shape person from USA. 2) My MBTs!!! I finally broke down, went and bought a pair of Rockports. It made a huge difference in my ability to walk from and to MRT station.

Now I can walk pretty much everywhere and wear MBTs for the most part unless I know I'm going to hitting the pavement a lot in which case, I switch to my flat bottom shoes.

Makingthemove
Regular
Regular

Post by Makingthemove » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 4:20 pm

It's too confusing. Either I buy a wardrobe just for shoes or go barefoot. Am leaning towards the latter

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 4:29 pm

Well actually it is every man to his own preference. If you are old or with joint problems, having a wardrobe of super comfortable shoes is a very important mission. Otherwise, if you are young, strong and can do with a decent pair of shoes or sandals for general walking, then you will be fine.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Apr 2012 6:10 pm

Received my Crocs in the post from Amazon Saturday morning. Damn they are comfortable. Haven't had a chance to road test 'em in the wet yet, but they are rather nice looking as well. So far, quite pleased.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

twig

Post by twig » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:07 am

my mum swears by birkenstocks and fitflops :)