Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mimiyukiwong

Post by mimiyukiwong » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:37 am

Hi guys Dr Nara have cfm my dbl eyelid surgery with him this Sept. I checked with him when I will be able to leave Hatyai and he replied saying the next day after the surgery but what about the stitches? Dr Nara doesn't remove it for you is it?

tralala

Post by tralala » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 6:13 am

Lizzy06 wrote:
tralala wrote:
Lizzy06 wrote: Hi just for sharing :D it's now 3 months after my epic and double eyelid with Dr Nara, still look unnatural due to swelling...

Anyone here did breast implant??? hehe i need some advise with regards to type of implant normally use... and also share of experience...

Yours look more like Eurasian type of eyelid - I suppose Thail girls like that and to me, it is very nice ,better than my friend's who did in Korea but then again my friend prefers the thin type of crease, to each his own.
Thank u ^^ My cousin fren went over to Korea for double eyelid and epi, I didn't really like hers... it's actually depend on individual liking for me I like it to be high and obvious...

Shake hands. Yes, when I was there I notice that the creases made are nearly touching the eyelashes, too low for my taste. Without makeup ok but too thin for eyeliner...

You are going for rhino? you intend to use silicone? Is it safe? i also intend to use silicon but read of having to redo etc so i am still not able to decide....

Have anyone heard of silitek? A forummer told me that it is like silicon...

lemmiknox

Post by lemmiknox » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 7:37 pm

laalaalaaa wrote:Ya somewhere in the forums a few people actually unhappy with Dr Putt nose job because their noses ended up slanting to one side :| Really scary. Btw have you done nose job yourself? Do you know which implant is better, the I or L?
Yeah I read those too =/ I don't know man. All doctors right now seems like hit or miss. I supposed what we should do is choose doctors based on their style, technique and judgement. If it screws up then, well, it screws up.

I haven't no, I'm looking at Dr Kunachak in Bangkok right now... sent him my pictures, still waiting for his reply.

I'm not really sure what the difference between the two implants are other than physical. Although it was explained somewhere in this thread, I don't recall what it was.

mimi86uk

My experience Having surgery makeover in Thailand -

Post by mimi86uk » Sun, 22 Apr 2012 2:40 am

My detailed experience having chin implant with Dr Putt and Tiplasty, augmentation and premaxillary implant with Dr Pat - SORRY ITS SOO LONG. :?

Day 1 : I arrived in Bangkok, in the middle of the afternoon and immediately went to the southern Bangkok bus station to book a first class ticket to HatYai for the next day at 8pm. I had to take the BTS to Pryah Thai and then a taxi for a 40 minute drive to get there. Taxi cost me 400thb (Pretty sure I got ripped off there). My stay was for 5 days, but since it wasn’t a holiday visit and I was planning to move between Hat yai and Bangkok, I opted to bring just a small hand luggage with a few cheap tshirts, jeggins and mini toiletries.

My plan was to stay in Bangkok but since the bus station was so far out, I went to the information counter and asked for a cheap place to stay. A very sweet lady offered a hotel ran by locals, or just 700thb a night. The accommodation was just 4 minute motocycle ride from the bus station and consisted of little private houses on a compound, with bedroom , tv , aircon and fan with an ensuite.

The staff picked me up on motocycle and took me there for 30thb each way. It was very basic but very very comfortable.

BTS From airport to Priya thai - 45thb - 60thb
Taxi to bus station 400thb :mad: (ripped off - make sure taxi drivers witch on the meter)
Bus to hatyai 8pm front seat 688 thb
1 night stay in local accomodation near bus station 700thb

Day 2 : I wake up hungry because I forgot to bring food to the accommodation, and even though the bus station is 4 minutes away by motorcycle its impossible to see where it is from the place. My bus doesn’t leave till 8pm today. I didn’t want to spend a full night in any of the hotels because of the bombings that happened recently, Im scared of that kind of stuff, Just want to get in , get out. Ha!

The accommodation staff knock on my door to take me to the bus station at 5pm, because they know my bus leaves at 8. It was so kind of them to do that for me when they’re usual check out is 12pm.

I get on the bus, and since I chose my seat right at the front of the bus, there was plenty of leg room and it was very very cool and comfortable. It was the easiest 10 hr bus ride id ever been in. There was music playing and at times a Thai comedy, otherwise they’d switch out the lights and let people sleep.

The only thing gross was the toilet, but everything else was ok.

Day 3: I arrive in Hat Yai first thing in the morning, and my appointment with Dr Putt is for 2pm.

The first thing I do is head to the HatYai – Bangkok ticket booth and book my seat back to Bangkok same day. The 8pm bus was full so I had to opt for the 6pm bus. I head on a motocycle and ask for the Kosit hotel.

I get to the kosit hotel and look across the street and there I saw Putt’s clinic. Opens at 5pm just like he said. I thought it was dubius a clinic that opens at night, and immediately had all these “Hostel”

lemmiknox

Re: My experience Having surgery makeover in Thailand -

Post by lemmiknox » Sun, 22 Apr 2012 1:46 pm

[quote="mimi86uk"]My detailed experience having chin implant with Dr Putt and Tiplasty, augmentation and premaxillary implant with Dr Pat - SORRY ITS SOO LONG. :?

Day 1 : I arrived in Bangkok, in the middle of the afternoon and immediately went to the southern Bangkok bus station to book a first class ticket to HatYai for the next day at 8pm. I had to take the BTS to Pryah Thai and then a taxi for a 40 minute drive to get there. Taxi cost me 400thb (Pretty sure I got ripped off there). My stay was for 5 days, but since it wasn’t a holiday visit and I was planning to move between Hat yai and Bangkok, I opted to bring just a small hand luggage with a few cheap tshirts, jeggins and mini toiletries.

My plan was to stay in Bangkok but since the bus station was so far out, I went to the information counter and asked for a cheap place to stay. A very sweet lady offered a hotel ran by locals, or just 700thb a night. The accommodation was just 4 minute motocycle ride from the bus station and consisted of little private houses on a compound, with bedroom , tv , aircon and fan with an ensuite.

The staff picked me up on motocycle and took me there for 30thb each way. It was very basic but very very comfortable.

BTS From airport to Priya thai - 45thb - 60thb
Taxi to bus station 400thb :mad: (ripped off - make sure taxi drivers witch on the meter)
Bus to hatyai 8pm front seat 688 thb
1 night stay in local accomodation near bus station 700thb

Day 2 : I wake up hungry because I forgot to bring food to the accommodation, and even though the bus station is 4 minutes away by motorcycle its impossible to see where it is from the place. My bus doesn’t leave till 8pm today. I didn’t want to spend a full night in any of the hotels because of the bombings that happened recently, Im scared of that kind of stuff, Just want to get in , get out. Ha!

The accommodation staff knock on my door to take me to the bus station at 5pm, because they know my bus leaves at 8. It was so kind of them to do that for me when they’re usual check out is 12pm.

I get on the bus, and since I chose my seat right at the front of the bus, there was plenty of leg room and it was very very cool and comfortable. It was the easiest 10 hr bus ride id ever been in. There was music playing and at times a Thai comedy, otherwise they’d switch out the lights and let people sleep.

The only thing gross was the toilet, but everything else was ok.

Day 3: I arrive in Hat Yai first thing in the morning, and my appointment with Dr Putt is for 2pm.

The first thing I do is head to the HatYai – Bangkok ticket booth and book my seat back to Bangkok same day. The 8pm bus was full so I had to opt for the 6pm bus. I head on a motocycle and ask for the Kosit hotel.

I get to the kosit hotel and look across the street and there I saw Putt’s clinic. Opens at 5pm just like he said. I thought it was dubius a clinic that opens at night, and immediately had all these “Hostel”

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 4:26 am

cherieohcherie wrote:a quick pricelist check for dr nara:
======================
Eyelids (cutting & stitching) - 6000 baht (edited)
Nose implant - 8000 baht
chin implant - 8000 baht (edited)
alarplasty - 2000 baht
eyebag removal - 6000 baht
lipo (per area) - 10000 baht (edited)
breast augmentation - 43000 baht (edited)
dimples (per) - 2000 baht (edited)

Why the pricelist is different from the website?
http://dr-nara.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=33
you quoted my post from 2007, it's now 2012...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 4:46 am

laalaalaaa wrote:Hi everyone Im interest in rhinoplasty but can someone explain to me the diff of a I and L implant which one is better?

And to those who have done the surgery, how do you feel now after months/years of the surgery?
Is it very hard and troublesome to maintain?
Is there alot of things you cannot do after the surgery?
How often do you have to go back and do the surgery again?
Lastly, btw Dr Nara, Dr Putt(I want to also know his charges) and Dr Chi which one do you think is better?

I really want to get a nose job but there's just too many doubts in my head and what I'm afraid is what comes after the surgery.

Really appreciate everyone who took the time and effort for the share!
Thank you and hv a nice day!
L-implant will extend your tip giving it a thinner and sharper look.
i did mine with Nara hence I am biased, cos i love my result. Dr Puttisak has a few cases where he did it too long resulting in extrusion. Dr Chi has some pretty impressive results, hence I'd recommend nara or chi for nose

I did my nose in dec 2006, i barely remb i had a nose job anymore, it feels so part of me now. I do many sports, even did muay thai before, so i doubt there is anything u can't do. first few months just need to be more careful, as encapsulation not stable yet, so easier to become crooked.

mimi86uk

Post by mimi86uk » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:38 am

lemmiknox wrote:
mimi86uk wrote:
He was a lot more patient this time as he didn’t have many surgeries that day. He had a nurse clean my stitches in my nose and Dr Pat came back to check my stitches for the premaxillary implantation. He also checked Dr Putts nose and said it was a fantastic job

He provided me with a letter to take on the plane to explain my face hahaha, and the lovely nurses gave me some chicken soup because my lips were so big and my new chin and premax implant I couldn’t eat solid food. After that I felt a lot calmer and put on a face mask and went shopping.

My flight left at 00.45 Day 6
Hey mimi86uk, it's so good to hear from you!
That was a really good report, I really enjoyed reading it (loved the use of the forever alone face to describe your chin lol) thank you for being so detailed. I'm sure it will help many others including myself in what to expect in the future.

How are you feeling now? Your account of Dr Pat is very contrary to earlier reports of him being responsive and patient. Maybe word got around and now he's swamped with customers now. I emailed him 2 nights ago and still havent received a reply.

You also said "He also checked Dr Putts nose and said it was a fantastic job " (second last paragraph). What did you mean by that? I thought you had your chin done with Putt?

Anyway, relax! The worst is over, you bit the bullet and got it done. Now its just a matter of rest and time. Theres nothing left for you to do but wait. Swelling is normal. Some more than others, but at the end of the road, it's all the same. If I were you I would avoid the mirror for the next week. You'll never see progress if you're constantly staring in the mirror.

Are you back in the HK yet? BTW did you manage to take some pictures? If you're comfortable, it would be fantastic if you could share with us.
Hi Lemmi - Sorry I meant Dr Putts chin. I did my nose at Tokai.
Im day 6 post op for the nose and 7 days post op for the chin and my face is looking alot better, My chin healed very very quickly.

Right now tho, Im having serious trouble smiling. Im really hoping its just swelling from the premaxillary and Ill at some point soon get my smile back.
I emailed Dr Pat from Tokai about it, since it wasn't something he mentioned in consultation, and i haven't heard from him since..
My smile was my best feature..
I dunno- :cry:

laalaalaaa

Post by laalaalaaa » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 2:36 pm

aadvark wrote:
laalaalaaa wrote:Hi everyone Im interest in rhinoplasty but can someone explain to me the diff of a I and L implant which one is better?

And to those who have done the surgery, how do you feel now after months/years of the surgery?
Lastly, btw Dr Nara, Dr Putt(I want to also know his charges) and Dr Chi which one do you think is better?

I really want to get a nose job but there's just too many doubts in my head and what I'm afraid is what comes after the surgery.

i did mine with Nara hence I am biased, cos i love my result. Dr Puttisak has a few cases where he did it too long resulting in extrusion. Dr Chi has some pretty impressive results, hence I'd recommend nara or chi for nose

I did my nose in dec 2006, i barely remb i had a nose job anymore, it feels so part of me now. I do many sports, even did muay thai before, so i doubt there is anything u can't do. first few months just need to be more careful, as encapsulation not stable yet, so easier to become crooked.
Hi Aadvark thank you for your reply :D :D
Is it compulsory to go back for another nose job to change the implant,etc?
Btw sent you an email to aadvark13 alr. U still using that mail right?

Also I would like to know if there any nose fillers available in BKK and Hatyai
Last edited by laalaalaaa on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lemmiknox

Post by lemmiknox » Mon, 23 Apr 2012 6:08 pm

mimi86uk wrote:Hi Lemmi - Sorry I meant Dr Putts chin. I did my nose at Tokai.
Im day 6 post op for the nose and 7 days post op for the chin and my face is looking alot better, My chin healed very very quickly.

Right now tho, Im having serious trouble smiling. Im really hoping its just swelling from the premaxillary and Ill at some point soon get my smile back.
I emailed Dr Pat from Tokai about it, since it wasn't something he mentioned in consultation, and i haven't heard from him since..
My smile was my best feature..
I dunno- :cry:
Mimi, you're still technically in your first week. Restrictions in facial movement should be expected. It'll all be temporary, trust me. In about a week or two your smile will be better than ever!

What was the premaxillary?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 2:34 am

laalaalaaa wrote:
aadvark wrote:

i have had no problem with mine since 2006, my fren's mum, the original Nara patient who recommended to my fren and i, has had her implant for more than 10 yrs and has no problem with it. I guess it varies with individual. But i guess if u dun overextend, extrusion shldnt occur.

if you are going to do fillers, u can do them in sg, i guess if u include air tix, u might as well do in sg. but fillers wun give a sharp effect as it's liquid when injected, and after u mold it, it will still spread a little

gothic

Post by gothic » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 9:08 am

Can anyone please help me out! I made my enquiries and booking for appointment all thru email to dr nara, and he ask for 10,000 baht deposit to book for the certain dates i want. And i've made my deposit thru paypal and email them my payment statement. It's been 3days, he did not reply to any of my emails on my payment. Im kinda worried, as they always reply to all my enquiries the very next day.

krispy

Post by krispy » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:08 am

gothic wrote:Can anyone please help me out! I made my enquiries and booking for appointment all thru email to dr nara, and he ask for 10,000 baht deposit to book for the certain dates i want. And i've made my deposit thru paypal and email them my payment statement. It's been 3days, he did not reply to any of my emails on my payment. Im kinda worried, as they always reply to all my enquiries the very next day.
Don't worry, when you make a paypal payment you would get a confirmation saying you sent money, check your email. Print out your proof of payment that paper will confirm when and how much you paid. Bring it with you to your appointment. What you can also do is save a screen shot of the bill or scan it and attach it email him saying you made your payment and that you have attach a copy. Dr. Nara is busy, maybe they didn't reply because they don't have an opening for you yet or the nurse pass the message to dr nara and just waiting for a reply. Since you sent your deposit you will be guaranteed a spot.

Back in 2010 I had similar problems, I book my flight and never got a confirmation because of so much confusing. I actually got my appointment from someone on here. Dr Nara doesn't sit and answer emails his assistants does and they all work different days, so maybe the one who answer your email is not on shift yet.

Whatever the issues, they are honest people and won't keep your money. I actually gave my deposit when I was down there. and if you come from far and are willing to wait, they will squeeze you in as well.

I was given a cell phone to use by one of the nurses there. So I was lucky enough not to have to sit and wait, instead I went shopping and than was called to come in for my surgery.

Hope that helps. 8-)

laalaalaaa

Post by laalaalaaa » Thu, 26 Apr 2012 7:55 pm

aadvark wrote:
laalaalaaa wrote:
aadvark wrote: L-implant will extend your tip giving it a thinner and sharper look.

i have had no problem with mine since 2006, my fren's mum, the original Nara patient who recommended to my fren and i, has had her implant for more than 10 yrs and has no problem with it. I guess it varies with individual. But i guess if u dun overextend, extrusion shldnt occur.

if you are going to do fillers, u can do them in sg, i guess if u include air tix, u might as well do in sg. but fillers wun give a sharp effect as it's liquid when injected, and after u mold it, it will still spread a little
Woah that's really long!!! Thanks for the info!

joyfulNoises

Post by joyfulNoises » Fri, 27 Apr 2012 8:10 pm

Hi i thinking going to Dr Nara for Liposuction on June 14-15 anyone interested in going?