Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
JoJo

REPEATED POSTING

Post by JoJo » Wed, 11 May 2005 2:06 am

Karen05 wrote:Hi...
I tried a couple of times to apply... But I was always being kicked out in the 1st stage where they measure the height... I'm between 156-157cm..
Does anyone knows whether 156cm can get in?
Go see a GP, ask the doctor to write a note certifying your height.

If you are around 157.5cm, sure the measuring person-in-charge close one eye, depending your luck and your 'sa-jiao' skill. Some simple trick to pull are tip-toe and raise your head a bit higher, totally stand straight, butts up, chest up. don't slouch for goodness sake. Do the 'sedia' position.

If you are 157.0 to 157.9cm, wear high heels or do something to your hair when going for the interview. Do some 'lengthening' stretches.

Important tip: Go see doctor, best is govt. polyclinics early in morning as soon as you wake up as you are at your best height as while you are sleeping, your spine relax and thus, stretch vertically.

SA

Post by SA » Wed, 11 May 2005 2:23 am

Anonymous wrote:can anyone tell me how to apply for silkair cabin crew?And what is their requirements???
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

For other career opportunities with SilkAir, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you.

www.silkair.com.sg

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 2:40 am

thanks...i have emailed silkair but it seemed that they are not replying.Anyone been with silkair before?Or been to silkair interview before?thanks.

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 2:41 am

Anonymous wrote:
Karen05 wrote:Hi...
I tried a couple of times to apply... But I was always being kicked out in the 1st stage where they measure the height... I'm between 156-157cm..
Does anyone knows whether 156cm can get in?
y ask a question when your sentence where 'kicked out.........' already answers your question?

hi karen05,maybe you would like to email me,i have something to share with you regarding the height issue :)

[email protected]

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Wed, 11 May 2005 3:18 am

Anonymous wrote:thanks...i have emailed silkair but it seemed that they are not replying.Anyone been with silkair before?Or been to silkair interview before?thanks.
Guess if they see the subject is about Cabin Crew, they will just ignore too manyyyyy of such email they receive

wq

Post by wq » Wed, 11 May 2005 3:35 am

:D

qing

Post by qing » Wed, 11 May 2005 3:39 am

hi...i'm newbie here..so dunno how to post a topic in this forum..whaha..anyway hi everyone..i haf some Q about their interview...i haf some white spot on my upper part of my neck..so u tink SIA will mind about it???? :roll:

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 7:54 am

niza wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I'm around 161cm, but with only around 41kgs. m i too thin for an air stewardess?
hi i went for the kebaya check + water confidence test today. well, those eliminated from the kebaya check are mostly girls who are too thin. try putting on weight? u will look curvy in the kebaya.
how many kebaya sizes are there? n how many kgs more do u think i should put on?

niza

Post by niza » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:47 am

Anonymous wrote:
niza wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I'm around 161cm, but with only around 41kgs. m i too thin for an air stewardess?
hi i went for the kebaya check + water confidence test today. well, those eliminated from the kebaya check are mostly girls who are too thin. try putting on weight? u will look curvy in the kebaya.
how many kebaya sizes are there? n how many kgs more do u think i should put on?
there are no indications of sizes on the kebaya so you gotta take any one and try. if it does not fit dan go change another. so those we are asked to go first will hav more choices. u r numbered according to ur surname. i seriously hav no idea how much weight u should put on but u cannot look thin. even if u r very pretty, they will still eliminate you if u look too "straight" in the kebaya. u have to look curvy and no flat butts. hope this can help you!~

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:49 am

can i know whether the upper management interview equals to the tea party? or is it 2 separate issues?

Autumn

Post by Autumn » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:49 am

CuriousCat wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
CuriousCat wrote: Hi Autumn

Has SQ changed its bond period recently? When I was offered the contract last year, they specified very clearly that the bond is 18 months, excluding 4 months of training. Please help clarify on this.

Btw, you seem to be very familiar with all the policies etc. Are you a flight stewardess/steward yourself?

Many thanks!
Hi CuriousCat,

Oops i think that was 7yrs ago! I suppose currently the bond now is 22mths (18 mths flying, 4mths training) correct? The bond amt now is also much higher than last time; same goes for the salary scale. Previously, all 'O', diploma n degree holders have the same basic salary....very low!

Yup was once a cabin crew.... :)

So u are with SQ now?
Hi Autumn

Ohh yikes!! Why did they changed the bond period!! If only its still 16mths inclusive of training now!! Damn it!!

Nope I am not with SQ now because I did not take up the job offer in the end. But I am re-considering the option now.

So when did you stop flying? Btw, do you know how much a trainee would have to pay if they decide to break the bond before they graduate from training school? I heard after SNY, if you decide to quit, the penalty is not the full sum of S$13k.

Many thanks!
Hi CuriousCat,

Aiyo.... Why din u take up the offer before that? And why u are re-considering?

Well...i left SQ after abt 2yrs of flying...Feel that its not a permanent career (at least for me). How old can a female continue flying rite? Unless one plans to be single or doesn't wanna start a family. It's an experience one gains in life....

Well...whether u resign during training or SNY, u'll still have to pay the full bond amt. Btw SNY is part of the 4-month training. They may consider waiving IF it's due to medical reasons (air-sick, backache etc etc). But have to produce medical documents..

Wow the bond amt is so much now! In my times, it was $7.7K...but then the basic pay was very low too....

If u need any more info, u can leave me ur email add ya.... :)

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 8:53 am

Andrew Low wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Can anyone tell me how come there are so many people (females n males) who are sooOOOO keen to join SQ as cabin crew? Passion to service with a smile? Or merely because u can travel places? Is that gona be a long-term career? Beats me....
I do have a list of the above answer from myself. "I sure anyone will have one set of answer too"

Positive and Negative one.
Hmm.. care to share ur positive and negative views, since u're a cabin crew....?

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Wed, 11 May 2005 9:52 am

SuZy wrote:alrite, thanks a bunch. :)
hey suzy u still wanna give it a try ?

SuZy

Post by SuZy » Wed, 11 May 2005 5:58 pm

CATMEAT >>>>>

I will still try no matter what.. but im very stressed now... i dunno whether to take my A'levels privately.. which im scared i cant pass.
You see, im 21 and pretty much havent been doing the right things the past few years.
Finally i realise this is what i want to do... Actually ive always wanted it, since i can remember.

I am acutally abt 157cm only, i have no qualification except my stupid o'levels and its kinda killing me inside out that i cant even get to the door.

If there is any kind of confirmation that a specific private school meets SIA qualification standards, id rather try that instead of my A'levels. First of all, the classes start in 2006 and thats still a long while more. Secondly, A'levels.. i havent studied that kinda stuff in abt 4 years.

I want this bad actually..

Post by Guest » Thu, 12 May 2005 12:24 am

hi suzy,
why not go and study something u are interested in rather than study just for the job?I mean,SIA recruitment drive is tough,out of 10 gals in 1st round most prob they only pick 1.And as for being 157,SIA might not want people shorter than 158 too.Yes that some shorter than 158 are flying now,but that's very rare and few.How lucky can u be in that small group?

What im trying to say is,go and study something u are interested in,not for this job but for urself.Go poly or something.Who knoes by another 2-3 years after u have completed a higher education,u might have changed ur mind or something.

:)