Singapore Expats

PR Application - Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:16 pm

revhappy wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:revhappy, if that's the case, then the Indian masters "Entitlement Complex" is even harder to understand. Don't you think? That little bit of information makes their situation even worse when they come here so full of themselves.

Masters degrees here are pretty common as well, but REAL ones.
Yupp fully agree. Given the quality of the masters, the entitlement complex is totally misplaced, unless its someone who is has done masters in the UK or US. All that said, we know there are exceptions to everything. I am just talking about the majority. Want to clarify that before someone starts flaming me :)
But what about MASTERS from VERY FAMOUS universities?!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:38 pm

FAMOUS! In India or in the civilized world? :devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Harsha
Regular
Regular

Post by Harsha » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 5:54 pm

This message has been deleted by the user.
Last edited by Harsha on Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 6:04 pm

I stand corrected. The listed was originally looked at back in 2005. At that time there was only the school in HK. Most of the rest have been added in 2007 or 2009 so they are very recent additions. In fact, you can do a search of the old threads here (Indian oriented Dentist ones to see what I mean).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singp

PR Application Got Rejected April 9 : Need Advise

Post by singp » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 7:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new member in this group. I need advise from you guys. I applied for SG PR in Feb 28 2012 and got the rejection letter today April 9. I applied with my wife.

My Details:
--------------

1. I am Indian, age 30.
2. Came to Singapore last Jan (2011)
3. I am on EP, salary 5500 per month. I am in IT as Technical consultant.
4. I have done Masters in Computer Science from a very prestigious university. I applied for Australian PR also they put my Masters equivalent to Masters in Australia.
5. I got married this January.

My Wife Details:
-------------------

1. She is Chinese citizen age 26.
2. She is on S Pass, salary 2000 per month.
3. She has been here for past 4 years.
4. She did course from Singapore when she came here, then she got the job of Mandarin teacher in kindergarten.

We applied for Singapore PR as we wanted to settle down here and not to go back to India or China after some years. We both have different cultures and we thought that Singapore would be the ideal place for us to settle down as it has both our cultures and the other facts is she would never be able to adjust in India and I won't be able to adjust in China. So we choose Singapore.

When we applied for Singapore PR we did gave a well explained letter on why we are applying this. We gave our resumes and all the extra documents we can produce supporting our case. But now we got the rejection letter within a month. Its really very depressing.

They have not mention anything on when to apply again.

Guys, could you please advise me on this.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 8:14 pm

For the time being you can forget it. They are telling you that PR is out of the question and you are welcome to stay here as long as you can manage to get your EP renewed (which might not be very long either). If you have read enough of these threads, you will note that they aren't too happy with Indian applicants currently and the general population is very much against PRC applicants as well. You have a problem. Having a masters that from a "very prestigious university" which I assume is only prestigious in India, isn't going to help you one iota. And if Australia gives you props for your masters, I would have to suggest you try to immigrate to Australia, because I don't think's it's going to happen here. In fact, I suspect your wife may even have problems when her S pass comes up for renewal.

Good Luck, as I suspect you are going to need a lot of it.

singp

Post by singp » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks for your advise. I am going to continue my Australian PR process.

jasbier

Post by jasbier » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 1:19 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
jasbier wrote:lol MS

by guy I meant my 3 year old son.

I got my PR in year 2000, its more then 12 years already.
Unless PR application was done in a family. Then your citizenship application as a family will be a breeze.
If you ponder and take a step back, yes, if you and the wifey apply citizenship chances you will get it as you have been over two REP renewal. However that cannot be said for your son. As he will only be under LTSVP, he needs to get PR first then on apply as a family unit. If you don't, he may not get it not even PR in the future. There are a whole draft of changes coming. It is half way through . These changes affect all the level of the community be it, foreign or local.
You got citizenship and your child does not. Not even PR. Who knows LTSVP might be scrapped or modified in the future and left your child in a quandary. Neither here nor there.
You cannot go back to your old country citizenship as you have gained SG citizenship which allow only UNO citizenship for its citizen.
If you stay as a PR until your son got his, if push comes to shove, you can tell the SG Gahmen to stick it between their A#@SE and return to your own country.
My POV is stay or go , you have to make it as family unit. Capisce?
Thanks MS for the reply.
What I understand from your explanation is that if I apply for citizenship together as a family unit - with my wife and two kids - 2 are already PR (except the 3rd kid who is on LTSVP) chances are that we will get But my 3rd kid will not be able to get Citizenship?

So I should wait for few years before my 3rd kid gets his PR(if he gets) and then apply for citizenship as a family, what if after few years of trying and he still don't get a PR?

If the whole family gets citizenship except the 3rd kid, won't the chances increase to apply for his PR?

2015 will be my 3rd renewal of the PR

appreciate your help :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 5:38 pm

jasbier wrote: Thanks MS for the reply.
What I understand from your explanation is that if I apply for citizenship together as a family unit - with my wife and two kids - 2 are already PR (except the 3rd kid who is on LTSVP) chances are that we will get But my 3rd kid will not be able to get Citizenship?

So I should wait for few years before my 3rd kid gets his PR(if he gets) and then apply for citizenship as a family, what if after few years of trying and he still don't get a PR?

If the whole family gets citizenship except the 3rd kid, won't the chances increase to apply for his PR?

I never encounter such predicament before. Mostly will get their citizenship eventually. You apply as a family hubby + wifey + 3 kids
If 3rd kids did get one, fret not, it come to the child eventually as parents are already SG citizenship.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

jasbier

Post by jasbier » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 5:57 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
jasbier wrote: Thanks MS for the reply.

I never encounter such predicament before. Mostly will get their citizenship eventually. You apply as a family hubby + wifey + 3 kids
If 3rd kids did get one, fret not, it come to the child eventually as parents are already SG citizenship.
so lets apply Jan 2013, and see whats in store for me, BTW I have enroll for a MBA by a prestigious Aussie University , I will be in mid term when I apply. Will a letter from the Uni of any help & ya I do some volunteer work thru SGcare how about a letter from them?

Thanks for the help!

pvc1308

Post by pvc1308 » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 3:15 pm

Hello Mr Sujji is it possible for you to share me or pm me your email id or phone number.
I want to discuss about phd subject and procedure. Thank you very much.