Singapore Expats

EP P1/P2 - with no degree - opinions sought

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
autodxb

EP P1/P2 - with no degree - opinions sought

Post by autodxb » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 4:38 pm

Hi,

Newbie here - though I have tried to be diligent and have used the search function first... the search indicated yes, no and maybe responses.

I realise there may be no definitive answer, however I hoped for some opinions on our potential to live and work in Singapore.

Our background - Married British couple 36 and 40 yrs old. No kids. Both similar education and work history. HNC UK qualifications (above high school, less than degree). Full work history - 10+ years in UK in PR and then 8 years in Dubai. I worked in entertainment marketing and distribution though switched 1 year ago to run my own freelance business and my wife 8 years in corporate event and conference production.

We're looking to relocate via my wife's employment opportunities. Several of her colleagues have made the switch to multinational event companies in Singapore and it is virtually certain that if my wife applies she would be offered a decent position.

Salary would be most likely right on the cusp of the P1/P2 threshold. Could just be either above or below.

Would be grateful to hear any opinions on the status of visa that may (or may not be) granted for my wife in this case - i.e. firm job offer from large established office, total work experience 17 years, 8 of which in exact job role, no degree, salary approx $7,000 - $8,500

EP P1/P2/Q1 ? Or not?

The MOM self assessment result was "Based on the information you have provided, the individual is likely to qualify for both Employment Pass (EP) and S Pass."

Should my wife be successful most likely I'd imagine I'd be on DP while securing a job offer and would then be applying for EP myself (with a very similar profile as my wife).

I'm new to all the visa aspects so if I'm way off the mark please do let me know.

Many thanks for any advice or assistance.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 4:56 pm

If your wife's salary moves into the P1 band then academic qualifications are not an issue, if in the lower band then it could be an issue, but until the application is made for the EP it cannot be known fully.

In regards to your visa applications when you get here, if you manage to secure a role with a company then you may work on a letter of consent on the DP from your wife (look it up on MOM website, it'll tell you there) or if your salary qualifies you to do so then your company can apply for an EP for you.

Good luck, I hope it works out.
nutnut

autodxb

Post by autodxb » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:03 am

Thanks for the reply - pretty much as suspected - but good to know.

Cheers!