Singapore Expats

Whats wrong with the MRT?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:47 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:
nakatago wrote: Why, thank you. Would you like some scones or finger sandwiches perhaps?
'Oh don't mind if I do thank you. By the way that young man seemed to have an unusually large sword.'
I think it's just the right size, deary. Did you notice how finely it bifurcates things?
Oh yes. You know my Cyril was in the Hussars and he never waved his sword around that like.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 7:53 pm

If I do not know Nak's and JR8's gender, both of you would have made a lovely old couple.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:01 pm

the lynx wrote:If I do not know Nak's and JR8's gender, both of you would have made a lovely old couple.
http://youtu.be/pwTqC2T6q4E?t=2m26s
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 8:16 pm

Lol.... got in in one.... had to be done in 'grockle voices'... :lol:

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 9:55 am

Isn't that a little off topic and well, erm...

nutnut

thismyvoice
Chatter
Chatter

Post by thismyvoice » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 1:56 pm

nakatago wrote:
local lad wrote:It seems this problem happened after they've reduced the waiting time for trains at the station , due to overcrowding.
If the Japanese can afford to have trains every minute during rush hour without them breaking down unexpectedly, surely, another first-world country and world-governance leader like Singapore can do as well.
I read somewhere that the Japanese build 3 tracks for each line. At any one time, 2 will be in use and 1 can be the backup. No problem servicing them either. Anyway, too late for Singapore I guess.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 2:58 pm

nutnut wrote:Isn't that a little off topic and well, erm...
Indeed, it was an intermission, a pause for breath. But fear not there is always the possibility of redemption... :)

I hear the MRT was buggered again this morning, up Yishun way. Not sure how, could be the trains are less frequent so people are having to wait a long time in order to be able to get onto one...

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 3:16 pm

Monday was EW Line, Wednesday was Circle Line... My, my, it looks like the high-profile December 2011 NS Line breakdown really broke the dam...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 4:04 pm

Broke the dam or the damn thing broke. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:39 am

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:So is it fair to say that people do not actually know what the problem is?

From the above it seems a problem of rail clip design, historic lack of maintenance, and perhaps choice of poor construction engineers on the Circle Line.

p.s. I can't deal with Stomp, it is like wading through an ocean of adolescent spew desperately hoping to come upon a pearl of wisdom.
It's like going through YouTube comments.
LOL, I like the link

Yes, the thing with any site like stomp is that as soon as someone puts something like:

"I dun wanna no dat ..........."

You think - all that crowing over how great the education is in Singapore and that's what it produces :o

*sigh*

Hmmm the MRT - a journo admitted in a newspaper here last year that she had in the past compared the Singapore MRT to the London underground and all the trouble that goes on with that and I thought - erm OK, she's comparing something built in the 1860s with something that was built more than 120 years later...........oooookaaaayyyy

I wonder how the MRT will be doing in 2180......