Singapore Expats

Removal of moles

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Removal of moles

Post by Guest » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:36 pm

Hi, came across this forum and want to ask some questions about removal of moles.

Saw from a post that dry ice can be used to remove moles? How do we do it? just press the ice against the mole huh? I have several small and flat moles that i want to remove thou =D

and does the national skin center charge high for removal of moles. my budget would b 100-200 only =X i need to get rid of a mole near my eye.

anyone can help? Or any beauty centers that is professional in removing moles? Thanks !

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 8:36 am

heard there is a traditional method to remove moles, no operation and is faster and easy...but i dunno where to do it...you may ask the elderly..they might know..

Sandpiper

Post by Sandpiper » Tue, 10 May 2005 7:36 pm

I had 2 moles removed by the National Skin Centre - cost $400 + I est. $50 for final consultation. That includes biopsy on the tissue....I guess I will be up for more if the results are not good but the dr said are not typically the cancerous type (a big relief!)

I think the service was great - my moles (sebhorric keratoses...exc spelling) were shaved off and then the skin lasered. It is the first time I have ever had anything "cosmetic" done & I can't believe how quickly it is healing. I had put it off many years becuase I had been worrying about scarring...they are on my face, then the fear of dying took over as one began to grow!

I definitely recommend them...and soon if you are worried - better to be safe.

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 10:59 pm

I've just had a few moles removed today. yes TODAY. I went to a beautician centre, where it was introduced by my aunt. It cost about rm40. I think the lady used a needle (not very painful) and then some med to put on top. The service was rather fast (like 10-15mins) to remove 5 moles. Right now it looks like a white dot on my face(the medicine).She told me that it will take several days to peel off.

I've never tried the laser type. So i hope i'll be able to tell you whether I had any discomfort with this method and when it peel off later on.

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 12:20 am

I had mine removed two weeks ago on my face - surgery and it's like only less than 15 min. It depends on the size of the mole. Mine was $150.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 11 May 2005 12:49 am

Yes, moles can be very difficult creatures... tunneling through well kept lawns, ruining the flower beds... all in all, a real problem.

A croquet mallet may be the solution. The little buggers move quite slowly when tunneling... you should be able to proper whack them out of existence, no?

Oh... ooops... not those kind of moles. Carry on then.

clyy90210

Post by clyy90210 » Wed, 11 May 2005 10:33 am

Strong Eagle: har har. Very funny.

From what I know there're 2 ways to remove moles.

1) Laser. Walk through Chinatown you'll see all those beauty salons offering such services. (my friend did it but it wasn't a very clean job. Plus you will smell your flesh burning cos after all it's laser)
But laser does the job much faster cos you dun have to wait for it to heal or scab. $150 for whole face, any no. of moles.

2) I personally know of a beautician in my neighbourhood (Tiong Bahru) who does this at a rate of $10/mole
Freaking cheap! She applies this cream which eats through the mole (slight burning sensation here), and then give it a few days, it will scab over and you GOTTA WAIT FOR THE SCAB TO FALL OFF. Do Not Peel Or Scratch or you get a scar.

I've done about 3-4 moles so far and my face looks much cleaner now. Intending to do more.

I think if u have lots of moles, >5, go for laser. Otherwise if it's just a few <5, can try beauticians, like mine :D
Can contact me to find out more: [email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 5:19 am

is the method done by the beautician (applying cream that eats through the mole) safe vs laser? sounds scary.

eh laser, $150 for whole face, any no. of moles. if only got 1 damn bo hua lo... haha...

clyy90210

Post by clyy90210 » Wed, 15 Jun 2005 3:23 pm

whoops maybe I didn't phrase it very nicely...

I'm juz explaining how the cream works anyway. And yes it's perfectly safe. U just wait for the scab to drop off. Laser is very very expensive but u see the new skin immediately. For cream u gotta wait till the scab falls off and the area heals over, which'll take abt 2-3 weeks.

ah_lun

Post by ah_lun » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:13 am

I had my mole on my face ( near to the eye) in November last year.
I had it done by a GP in Lucky plaza using laser.
Was rather fast (bout 5-8 mins) , then was given an antibiotics cream & a course of simple antibiotics & painkillers tablets for 5 days.
Cost me $70 :P quite happy with the new facial look :D

Post by Guest » Fri, 17 Jun 2005 5:14 pm

hi, is it a flat mole or not?

chatbox

Post by chatbox » Sat, 18 Jun 2005 2:51 am

Is laser for flat mole or those protruding type of mole?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:12 am

ah_lun wrote:I had my mole on my face ( near to the eye) in November last year.
Was rather fast (bout 5-8 mins) , then was given an antibiotics cream & a course of simple antibiotics & painkillers tablets for 5 days.

hi ah lun, ur mole is protruding type or flat de???can give us the add for the GP...or any contact number???cos 70 bucks is quite reasonable price

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:13 am

ah_lun wrote:I had my mole on my face ( near to the eye) in November last year.

hi ah lun, ur mole is protruding type or flat de???can give us the add for the GP...or any contact number???cos 70 bucks is quite reasonable price

Zoe_Low

Post by Zoe_Low » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:58 am

I think the price depends on the number of moles you are removing. The more moles being removed, the cheaper it is per mole.