Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Sat, 14 Apr 2012 8:38 pm

How yours went fauzjay?

me00w

Post by me00w » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 1:49 am

fauzjay wrote:To those who's booted out, there is another one in July! Keep a look out! :)ne
How do you know it'll be in July? Arghhh so far away! I got kicked out at skin check just now :(. How did you do??

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 2:01 am

me00w wrote:
fauzjay wrote:To those who's booted out, there is another one in July! Keep a look out! :)ne
How do you know it'll be in July? Arghhh so far away! I got kicked out at skin check just now :(. How did you do??
I got kicked out in skin check too... I wonder how flawless do they need...

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 7:25 am

[quote="yoyobin"][quote="me00w"][quote="fauzjay"]To those who's booted out, there is another one in July! Keep a look out! :)ne[/quote]

How do you know it'll be in July? Arghhh so far away! I got kicked out at skin check just now :(. How did you do??[/quote]

I got kicked out in skin check too... I wonder how flawless do they need...[/quote]

Don't have to be flawless,they spot something on my face ,I guess,they asked if i have allergy skin or skin irritations etc. but I was booted out from 1-1interview.

Passing rate from round one is about 5,
Skin check round 3 including myself made it,
1-1,2 made it to finals (excluding myself)

dylan20

Post by dylan20 » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 1:11 pm

retrostuff wrote:
yoyobin wrote:
me00w wrote: How do you know it'll be in July? Arghhh so far away! I got kicked out at skin check just now :(. How did you do??
I got kicked out in skin check too... I wonder how flawless do they need...
Don't have to be flawless,they spot something on my face ,I guess,they asked if i have allergy skin or skin irritations etc. but I was booted out from 1-1interview.

Passing rate from round one is about 5,
Skin check round 3 including myself made it,
1-1,2 made it to finals (excluding myself)

Do try again... The first time I went I was also rejected at the skin check round as I had an abrasion INSIDE my ears due to my earphone padding being worn off :o

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 3:46 pm

me00w wrote:
Because i asked the guy, he said theres another recruitment drive in July. I got booted out on the skin check too. Its really stupid to me. Lol. Nvm. I'll bombard them again with super flawless skin! Haha!

mimipan

Post by mimipan » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 8:06 pm

fauzjay wrote:
me00w wrote:
Because i asked the guy, he said theres another recruitment drive in July. I got booted out on the skin check too. Its really stupid to me. Lol. Nvm. I'll bombard them again with super flawless skin! Haha!

the registration lady said that the next walk in would be on 19th May at Suntec :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:27 pm

Hey ladies out there!! You guys have have any recommendation to which dermotologist you guys goes to?? Well, although i have not much acne issue... my skin is uneven due to oil clogs etc when i put on make up... :(

Those girls in my group have such perfect skin!!! Well, i want to do something with my skin before trying for the next interview..

lil_paradox

Post by lil_paradox » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:25 am

Myself together with four of my friends tried out for last Saturday interview for the first time. We were all grouped together and at the end of round 1, 5 got booted out; 2 of them were my friends. I was hoping to make it till at least the 1-1 interview but got booted out at skin check. :( I'm a guy btw and I thought they are not as stringent in checking although I have tiny scars..furthermore left me waiting outside the room for a good 15 mins waiting for my results. I thought I passed that stage coz I saw those who went in after me got booted out almost immediately after they emerged from the interview room. End up I think one of the lady misplaced my form and I had to ask them on my status :roll: Was told that I'm not selected it and I left disappointed. One of my gal fren made it all the way to the finals but got eliminated during kebaya stage.

I'm also considering consulting a dermatologist to improve on my complexion to improve my chances of getting in.. :oops:

mimipan

Post by mimipan » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:46 am

yoyobin wrote:Hey ladies out there!! You guys have have any recommendation to which dermotologist you guys goes to?? Well, although i have not much acne issue... my skin is uneven due to oil clogs etc when i put on make up... :(

Those girls in my group have such perfect skin!!! Well, i want to do something with my skin before trying for the next interview..
DRx Clinic or Maple Clinic but be prepared to fork out at least 200-300 for the 1st visit and medication/products.

anyway i was late and they closed the registration way too early! *pouts*

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 1:39 am

Is it effective?? :) cuz i have sensitive skin too...

nataliegyx

Post by nataliegyx » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 3:50 am

I tried out for last Saturday interview, it was my 1st attempt. Made it through all the way and during the 1-to-1 round, the interviewer told me I did well in answering all the questions and she could put me through the last rounds next day but decided not to because of my teeth. She told me to get my teeth straightened for a few months (which i feel that a few months is impossible) then come back again, and she also said that she will not eliminate me. :?

Weird, no? Feels like she is trying to console me, lol.

I doubt she can remember who I am if I were to go for another attempt nor would it be that coincidence for her to be the interviewer in the 1-to-1 round again.

Considering whether to get braces done but it is so pricey :(
Any good dental clinics to recommend?
:)

me00w

Post by me00w » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 3:51 am

fauzjay wrote: Because i asked the guy, he said theres another recruitment drive in July. I got booted out on the skin check too. Its really stupid to me. Lol. Nvm. I'll bombard them again with super flawless skin! Haha!
Hahahhahaah!!! Yea i saw girls with pretty flawless skin getting kicked out at skin check too. Time to up skin care regime!

Also yoyobin, have you tried national skin centre? Would be chaper than going private dermatologist..

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 8:45 am

Hi everyone,
I tried SQ for 7 times now. And failed at various stages, round 1 to finals I ve been to them all. I failed during skin check atthe most recent one.
Since I have managed to pass in the previous attempts, I am so puzzled!
Does anyone knows if theykeep a record of people who keeps trying (lol, I have been trying all recruitment since last July 2011)

Should I take a time out or should I keep trying every recruitment? :(
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

mimipan

Post by mimipan » Mon, 16 Apr 2012 1:30 pm

yoyobin wrote:Is it effective?? :) cuz i have sensitive skin too...
It depends on ur skin condition. :) Do go for it if its within your spending budget. Definitely worth the $ spent..