Singapore Expats

Ice or Roller Hockey in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
yanks1983

Ice or Roller Hockey in Singapore?

Post by yanks1983 » Sun, 29 May 2011 10:25 am

This is clearly not the ideal country for ice but by any stroke of luck is there an ice rink in Singapore or is there any roller hockey leagues in Singapore? Thanks!

dylancandis

Post by dylancandis » Tue, 07 Jun 2011 5:47 pm

hey yanks
THere is one ice rink in Kallang but unfortunately we (hockey players) are no longer allowed there. Long story. We currently are awaiting a brand new rink in jurong for jan 2012 season. Crossed fingers. We are playing ball hockey in the meantime so if you wanna bring your stick and play, you are welcome. Let me know.

yanks1983

Post by yanks1983 » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:04 pm

That would be great, when do you guys play? I can be reached at [email protected]

speak soon!

dylancandis wrote:hey yanks
THere is one ice rink in Kallang but unfortunately we (hockey players) are no longer allowed there. Long story. We currently are awaiting a brand new rink in jurong for jan 2012 season. Crossed fingers. We are playing ball hockey in the meantime so if you wanna bring your stick and play, you are welcome. Let me know.

carpuff

Post by carpuff » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 1:29 pm

dylancandis wrote:hey yanks
Have gone there I hope there'll be other places to set my ice hockey stick on. Why did they have to close Jurong :?

rparis

Ice Hockey

Post by rparis » Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:03 am

Hey I just saw this post. I will be moving to Singapore in Mid-late Feb. I play Ice hockey in the US and would love to play in Singapore. Any word on if the new rink is up? Do you still play street hockey?

JoeyBerry

Post by JoeyBerry » Tue, 10 Jan 2012 4:26 pm

bump for some street hockey before J-Cube opens... and will there be somewhere in that mall to buy ice hockey gear? let's hope. don't want to have to import it all

Rszepvolgyi

Post by Rszepvolgyi » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 3:39 pm

Yanks n rparis,

Tampines Millennium Inline Hockey Court rt @ 25 Tampines Street 82. And if your moving, you be missing the NHL n good American food. Smokey's BBQ is another place to help you feel at home.

I hear conflicting stories about the opening of Fuji Ice. Some say March, some June. Regardless, it should be a very nice Olympic size rink with a Chili's next door. I can't wait.

Tk3062

Post by Tk3062 » Tue, 06 Mar 2012 2:58 pm

HI All

I wanting to play Ice Hockey or roller need advice on when who and how

nonostas

Post by nonostas » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:04 pm

Tk3062 wrote:HI All

I wanting to play Ice Hockey or roller need advice on when who and how
Any news for the roller hockey? keep me updated please

[email protected]

denisb73

Equipment

Post by denisb73 » Thu, 03 May 2012 9:45 pm

I heard the new rink opened on April 2, 2012. I will be moving to Batam across the water around July August and I was wondering where I can buy equipment. I have my own equipment, but I am not sure if it would be cheaper to send it from here or buy it there. What are the prices?
Best regards,

Denis Boissonneault
Flight Instructor
[email protected]

rparis

Equipment

Post by rparis » Mon, 09 Jul 2012 9:56 pm

I just stopped by the Jcube mall to go to the pro shop there to check out equipment. They were pretty low on stock but they told me they should be getting a new shipment within 2 weeks.

In general it was pretty expensive, but I assumed it would be. I figure this is easier than going through the hassle of shipping my gear.

They only have bauer equipment.
Vapor 4.0 skates cost me 420 SG (I think I could get these for like 200US in the US...). They had the 2.0 for about 200(?) and 3.0 for 340ish but I did not consider them as they can not be baked and fitted.

Pants, helmet, and shin pads were all around 100 each. They didnt have shoulder pads at the time, but I would assume around the same. Sticks ranged from as little as 159 to 350. Again, they will be getting a new shipment in, so I have no idea if they will have a better range of equipment and prices.

Based on all of this, I would assume the total cost will be around $1100SG.
I didnt see any clear or black tape there, so next time I go back home, I know what I am going to stock up on!

I know this is a bit of a late reply on this topic, but I hope this helps.

scleev

New player in town

Post by scleev » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:05 am

I will be arriving back in Singapore this week.

Ready for some roller hockey

My email is [email protected] -- I will be at tampines this week. Anyone with recent updates please let me know
Shane McKay Cleland
[email protected]