Singapore Expats

Part time office jobs

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
aman kaur bhullar

Part time office jobs

Post by aman kaur bhullar » Fri, 03 Feb 2012 6:44 pm

Hello

me & my family will be moving in july to singapore, im currently in a full time role. I will have to quit work here and settle into Singapore and the children will take some time to adjust to their new lifestyle.

I have searched websites for part time office based jobs as eventually i would like to continue to work but on a part time basis, however i have noticed there are not many opportunities around.

Is this something that is not common in singapore? Or is it a option available to working mums?

please help

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Feb 2012 8:05 pm

It's not that common here. What is common is part time workers in McD's and other fast food joints. Problem is, you would have to compete with school kids.

Unless you can get an employer to agree to hiring you on a Letter of Consent (Check the MOM.GOV.SG site for same). You will be what is typically called a trailing spouse and will have to make do with endless rounds of pool side chats and banal luncheon dates with other bored housewives.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

petrov

Post by petrov » Wed, 08 Feb 2012 2:09 pm

Part time jobs are hard to find. There are many local women looking for such jobs.

Curiouster

Post by Curiouster » Tue, 20 Mar 2012 11:44 pm

Part time office job still can be searched through online jobs agency such as Jobstreet, JobsDB.
I tried that before.

aman kaur bhullar

Post by aman kaur bhullar » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 9:08 pm

hello thanks for the reply....i shall have to test my luck.

in the mean time if you come accross anything please let me know