Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue, 10 May 2005 3:54 pm

Some people here do not understand English?

Of course I also know that SIA has advertised its educational requirement as either “A-levels”

niza

Post by niza » Tue, 10 May 2005 4:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:well, that means u have big butts as J.Lo ...
i guess they want a proportionate figure.

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 4:11 pm

[quote="Keisha"]Some people here do not understand English?

Of course I also know that SIA has advertised its educational requirement as either “A-levels”

Keisha

Re: SIA Requirements for Cabin Crew

Post by Keisha » Tue, 10 May 2005 4:50 pm

Keisha wrote:To the good people here,

Need your advice…

I am thinking of writing in to SIA to attend their next interview. However, I do not know if I fully qualify for their requirements…

I am 24+ years old (turning 25 in 3 months) and having a height of 158cm. I am on the slim side with quite a good proportion. With regards to SIA’s requirements on qualifications, I do not possess an A-levels certification or a Polytechnic Diploma though I was formally a dropout from a Polytechnic (self-withdrawal from course due to lack of interest). At current, I am only holding onto a Private Diploma in Information Technology from a Commercial School. I know nuts about a foreign language or have much experience in the Customer Service Industry though I am currently working for a Multi-National Company. I meet a lot of expatriates from different countries though.

Do you think I stand a chance?

Regards,
Keisha
At current, I am only holding onto a Private Diploma in Information Technology from a Commercial School.

i did explain in the first place... as above... previously...

CuriousCat

Post by CuriousCat » Tue, 10 May 2005 5:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:
CuriousCat wrote:
Autumn wrote: Hi,

If i'm not wrong, the bond is 16mths (4 mths training, 1 year flying). There is a concurrent 5-year contract; if u work til end of 5 year, u'll get a gratuity. That applies for stewardesses only; stewards dun apply...
Hi Autumn

Has SQ changed its bond period recently? When I was offered the contract last year, they specified very clearly that the bond is 18 months, excluding 4 months of training. Please help clarify on this.

Btw, you seem to be very familiar with all the policies etc. Are you a flight stewardess/steward yourself?

Many thanks!
Hi CuriousCat,

Oops i think that was 7yrs ago! I suppose currently the bond now is 22mths (18 mths flying, 4mths training) correct? The bond amt now is also much higher than last time; same goes for the salary scale. Previously, all 'O', diploma n degree holders have the same basic salary....very low!

Yup was once a cabin crew.... :)

So u are with SQ now?
Hi Autumn

Ohh yikes!! Why did they changed the bond period!! If only its still 16mths inclusive of training now!! Damn it!!

Nope I am not with SQ now cos I did not take up the job offer in the end. But I am re-considering the option now.

So when did you stop flying? Btw, do you know how much a trainee would have to pay if they decide to break the bond before they graduate from training school? I heard after SNY, if you decide to quit, the penalty is not the full sum of S$13k.

Many thanks!

Re: SIA Requirements for Cabin Crew

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 6:00 pm

Keisha wrote:
Keisha wrote:To the good people here,

Need your advice…

I am thinking of writing in to SIA to attend their next interview. However, I do not know if I fully qualify for their requirements…

I am 24+ years old (turning 25 in 3 months) and having a height of 158cm. I am on the slim side with quite a good proportion. With regards to SIA’s requirements on qualifications, I do not possess an A-levels certification or a Polytechnic Diploma though I was formally a dropout from a Polytechnic (self-withdrawal from course due to lack of interest). At current, I am only holding onto a Private Diploma in Information Technology from a Commercial School. I know nuts about a foreign language or have much experience in the Customer Service Industry though I am currently working for a Multi-National Company. I meet a lot of expatriates from different countries though.

Do you think I stand a chance?

Regards,
Keisha
At current, I am only holding onto a Private Diploma in Information Technology from a Commercial School.

i did explain in the first place... as above... previously...
This part I understood and know. It's the HR calling you up for the interview that I think you didn't mentioned.

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 6:02 pm

everything cost money... they train you up and u quit immediately after the bond... think of the cost of HR recruitment drive. the ads, the place for interview... the wages...
CuriousCat wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
CuriousCat wrote: Hi Autumn

Has SQ changed its bond period recently? When I was offered the contract last year, they specified very clearly that the bond is 18 months, excluding 4 months of training. Please help clarify on this.

Btw, you seem to be very familiar with all the policies etc. Are you a flight stewardess/steward yourself?

Many thanks!
Hi CuriousCat,

Oops i think that was 7yrs ago! I suppose currently the bond now is 22mths (18 mths flying, 4mths training) correct? The bond amt now is also much higher than last time; same goes for the salary scale. Previously, all 'O', diploma n degree holders have the same basic salary....very low!

Yup was once a cabin crew.... :)

So u are with SQ now?
Hi Autumn

Ohh yikes!! Why did they changed the bond period!! If only its still 16mths inclusive of training now!! Damn it!!

Nope I am not with SQ now because I did not take up the job offer in the end. But I am re-considering the option now.

So when did you stop flying? Btw, do you know how much a trainee would have to pay if they decide to break the bond before they graduate from training school? I heard after SNY, if you decide to quit, the penalty is not the full sum of S$13k.

Many thanks!

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Tue, 10 May 2005 8:33 pm

[quote="Keisha"]Some people here do not understand English?

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Tue, 10 May 2005 8:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:Can anyone tell me how come there are so many people (females n males) who are sooOOOO keen to join SQ as cabin crew? Passion to service with a smile? Or merely because u can travel places? Is that gona be a long-term career? Beats me....
I do have a list of the above answer from myself. "I sure anyone will have one set of answer too"

Positive and Negative one.

Post by Guest » Tue, 10 May 2005 10:07 pm

can anyone tell me how to apply for silkair cabin crew?And what is their requirements???

Karen05

Post by Karen05 » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:27 am

Hi...
I tried a couple of times to apply... But I was always being kicked out in the 1st stage where they measure the height... I'm between 156-157cm..
Does anyone knows whether 156cm can get in?

gracie

Post by gracie » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:28 am

niza wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I'm around 161cm, but with only around 41kgs. m i too thin for an air stewardess?
hi i went for the kebaya check + water confidence test today. well, those eliminated from the kebaya check are mostly girls who are too thin. try putting on weight? u will look curvy in the kebaya.
hi all,
yup, u can't be too thin coz u will be eliminate from the kebaya check. i have two friends working as SIA stewardesses. both aren't thin, but curvy and have boobs and butt. so they do look good in the kebaya.

was quite surprised when i knew that they go it cos they are quite big-boned girls and aren't young too. so i suppose SIA is looking for girls who are curvy and able to bring out the kebaya nicely.

another friend whom i thought will get in, but she didn't. was eliminated at the kebaya check. she was 1.60m, 45kg. too thin to look nice in the kebaya, no butt and boobs to bring out the kebaya.

so i suppose the really thin girls got to put on a bit more weight b4 the kebaya check.

gillian

Post by gillian » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:31 am

Karen05 wrote:Hi...
I tried a couple of times to apply... But I was always being kicked out in the 1st stage where they measure the height... I'm between 156-157cm..
there are some SIA girls who are below 158cm. it really depends on the person measuring your height, and which round of recruitment they will lower their critiria.

sometimes, they will lower their critiria, so just keep applying whenever there is a recruitment. who knows, u will get in.

all the best!

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 1:59 am

Karen05 wrote:Hi...
y ask a question when your sentence where 'kicked out.........' already answers your question?

Post by Guest » Wed, 11 May 2005 2:03 am

sadly... no one cares abt my postings in a couple of pages back when I mentioned things regarding HEIGHT.... I say until I vomit blood... Some people just do not bother to listen.... :(