Singapore Expats

Letter from ICA to give explanation - PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
appleJob

Letter from ICA to give explanation - PR

Post by appleJob » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 2:50 pm

Hi All,

I applied PR 3 months ago and i got letter from ICA to give written explanation,why
i m not applying for my wife.

Due to our family reason we are not applying PR for her, she will be in dependant visa only.

I m in singapore for 4 yrs and i m holding P1 PASS(Ep holder)

Can you give ur suggestion on this , what is the probability if we apply alone.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

James

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 3:20 pm

It sounds to me like you are up to some trick or another with your unexplained 'family reasons'. Sounds also like ICA have concluded the same thing.

Why would you wish to apply to live permanently live in SG, but not your wife? On the face of it is doesn't make sense does it?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 3:26 pm

I'm with JR8 here, if your wife is on a DP, surely you'll have to give that up if youa re granted PR anyway as your EP will be taken away. Then what will your wife do? Apply for an LTVP? It could be rejected.

So, if it's a good reason and NOT dodgy (like ICA, JR8 and I think it is) then tell ICA, I'm sure they'll be fine with it!
nutnut

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 3:53 pm

Let me guess. If wife under DP and bears your child and happens to be a male child then only need to apply under DP or LTSVP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Letter from ICA to give explanation - PR

Post by the lynx » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 4:00 pm

appleJob wrote:Hi All,

I applied PR 3 months ago and i got letter from ICA to give written explanation,why
i m not applying for my wife.

Due to our family reason we are not applying PR for her, she will be in dependant visa only.

That is the reason why ICA asks for explanation. You want to be permanently residing in Singapore but you don't want your wife to be permanently residing with you together? Funny...

I m in singapore for 4 yrs and i m holding P1 PASS(Ep holder)

Can you give ur suggestion on this?

My suggestion. Simple. Go and update your application with your wife included. Do it as a family. Don't leave your wife out.

What is the probability if we apply alone?

You will be rejected, and worse, your rejection will be in the records and ICA will remember you the next time you apply, even if you apply with your wife in the next round.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

James
Just to remind you, getting a PR here is not a right, unfortunately. It is a reward based on your effort.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Apr 2012 4:48 pm

If you don't apply with her, ICA is going to nix your PR application. And rightly so.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers