Singapore Expats

PR Application - approval status

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
brad hadely

Change of company while pr is still pending

Post by brad hadely » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

Well thanks for all the advises and stories, really cool. just wandering if you guys can advise that if i want to change my company and my pr is still in the process showing pending since march 11? what u guys think ?? plz advise... many thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Change of company while pr is still pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:08 pm

brad hadely wrote:Hi Guys,

Well thanks for all the advises and stories, really cool. just wandering if you guys can advise that if i want to change my company and my pr is still in the process showing pending since march 11? what u guys think ?? plz advise... many thanks
As long as you dont change your company while your PR is in progress is good for you.

But if in case the new job would offer you a very nice role with more responsibilities and with a big change in your salary which would result in your Pass type being changed to P1 may be, it adds value..

Just my 2 cents..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:10 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
As long as you dont change your company while your PR is in progress is good for you.

But if in case the new job would offer you a very nice role with more responsibilities and with a big change in your salary which would result in your Pass type being changed to P1 may be, it adds value..

Just my 2 cents..
From What I know and seen, years before, changing job while PR is under review automatically made the previous application void. .. and it was mentioned too ... and that you need to submit a new application ..

Not sure if that exists .. I would tread carefully .. no go on 'chances improving with new job .. '

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 12:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Just my 2 cents..
From What I know and seen, years before, changing job while PR is under review automatically made the previous application void. .. and it was mentioned too ... and that you need to submit a new application ..

Not sure if that exists .. I would tread carefully .. no go on 'chances improving with new job .. '
At the moment it does not make the application void. But the applicant needs to submit his new EP/ Annexure A signed by the new company to ICA and ICA will reevaluate the whole application.

brad hadely

Post by brad hadely » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks alot guys... really appreciate the advise. keep up the good work. :)

brad hadely

PR Application Still showing Pending

Post by brad hadely » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Guys,

m here to ask one more time, my pr application is still pending which i applied in March last year, the details are

Type Status Application Date Remarks
Permanent Residence Pending 11-Mar-2011 PRS-2011-PRE-000010694

Can somebody advise ?? either i wait of write an email to them regarding my Status ??

Plz Advise

Many Thanks

nithinmuktesh83

Post by nithinmuktesh83 » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:49 pm

Hi all...

Got my rejection letter on Friday :-(!!!

Will reapply after 6 months or 1 year....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 2:29 pm

No, I don't have a crystal ball. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sluggo45

Post by sluggo45 » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:21 pm

Just checked ICA iEnquiry website. My PR application has approved. :D

dreambig2win

Post by dreambig2win » Fri, 06 Apr 2012 1:26 am

Hi all,

First post here. Have lurked around a lot, so I owe this to the forum.

PR Applied: July 2011.
EP P2: 3.5k$ Feb 2011 - Nov 2011
Entrepass: 4k$ Nov 2011 till date (Consulting gig Fin Services)
Nationality: Indian, married to SPR Feb 2011

I couldn't get myself around to updating ICA on employment change, as they would know better on my paperwork, and not to jinx it any further.

Received my rejection letter today. Just a simple cold rejection. No reapply suggestions or anything.

One tip for PR expectant people, they update their website (Status Check iEnquiry) much later. My letter is dated Apr 3, 2012 & iEnquiry says pending still. You can wait for the snail mail and not have to check online so many times as I did.

However, I am just generalizing from my case. Just my two cents.
Mods would know better.

star06moon

Post by star06moon » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:28 am

[quote="sluggo45"]Just checked ICA iEnquiry website. My PR application has approved. :D[/quote

hi how long it take processing your PR application?
thanks....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:28 am

It takes the same length of time as a piece of string is long...... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

GayathriShiv

Post by GayathriShiv » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:08 pm

hi all,

I am a newbie here,

Here goes my details,

Highest Qualification: masters from Australian Univ which has a campus in Singapore..

Industry: Telecom

Employed Since- August 2010

My husband is a SPR who is working in Gas and fuel sector. He got his PR in 2009 .

We got married in 2012, and applied right away( Since i had been here for quite some time)

Me and my husband aged below 30..

I had been staying in SG for past three yrs on student visa and EP !!!

We are looking forward to settle here in the long run, since all my relatives have settled before us.

quite perplexed on the news of PR status..

any thoughts?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:30 pm

What is perplexing about the news of your PR status?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:47 pm

Indeed, it's perplexing to figure out what is so perplexing :o. One might surmise that the PR application was rejected; if that's the case then obviously GayathriShiv will be disappointed, but she shouldn't be totally surprised given the current climate.

Often on here we see people who seem to believe that if they 'qualify' to apply for PR (or an EP, etc.) then they are entitled to that and it will definitely be forthcoming. Obviously the true situation is rather different, as we see on virtually a daily basis. Now that might not be the case here, but if GayathriShiv tells us what is so perplexing to her we may be able to understand her situation better.
Last edited by Mi Amigo on Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be careful what you wish for