Singapore Expats

Looking for people who are into sports and art

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
brw989

Looking for people who are into sports and art

Post by brw989 » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I am 25/m from Australia. I've been in Singapore for 2 years now. I'll be travelling through Europe and Russia from end of April-beginning of July but after that I am wanting to get more involved in some of the below.

I am looking to see if there are any people out there who are interested in adventure sports and cultural activities. I am more into sports like rock climbing, hiking, scuba diving (sometimes), kiteboarding (learning at the moment), motorbiking, paragliding (doing a course next month) and that kinda thing.

As for the cultural stuff I like checking out galleries and exhibitions. Would be great to find out about any upcoming stuff or any alternative spots to the main galleries.

If you are interested in those kinds of things and want to do some activities send me an email [email protected]. If you are into any other interesting activities please let me know. I'm always interested to discover new things.

*Post amended since some people missed the point of my original message*
Last edited by brw989 on Sun, 08 Apr 2012 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MikeBarry

Post by MikeBarry » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 5:56 pm

I usually call the sort of people who join me on activities such as those you mentioned my "friends". Not sure what you are looking for.

AnnieTran

Not really

Post by AnnieTran » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 6:28 pm

Although I am at work and I am rush to leave I still want to write something to answer you.

It is conflict from your title since you said you dont look for friends, so what do you mean by getting know someone to talk, discover the culture, go to do activities together... how do you define those people?

Then it seems you feel uncomfortable about living the life in Singapore having parties, beach trip with "friends" you know here... It is not bad! You dont have to resit it or try to escape. What I mean here is you decide what you want to do in life, you can still go to party then next day go to Church or museum, you can dance on Sat night and Sunday go for swimming or kiteboarding...

And I agree with Mike about people who you meet, hangout with, having meal with, drink with, or simple you talk with few times are friends! Just how close you are in touch with them.

So...I dont understand you either with this complicated theory :P

brendon_wilkinson

Post by brendon_wilkinson » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 8:40 pm

Last edited by brendon_wilkinson on Sun, 08 Apr 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AnnieTran

yes

Post by AnnieTran » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 2:19 pm

Hihi at least so you say " over-exaggeration" so I get one point :)

I was just tired from work that day and I thought life is all your choices, whatever you want to do then you do it (however I am not good at that...for some reasons)

I am happy to see people who want to discover different angles in life, pursuing other interests. I am going for it too, so we can live life to the fullest!

Good luck to you :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 3:28 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 10:41 pm

what a weird post - seriously!

I will admit that it took me nearly 4 years to find people who didn't shop and eat and I've shared the info plenty of time since then on the board where to find different activity groups.

But since you've not bothered to read about what other readers have shared in the past you can check out www.meetup.com for a large number of groups (including locals who don't cycle through as much as the expats) that do other activities. They're a friendly bunch, but as long as you're nice on the day and pay the costs promptly - there is no issue

applepievn

Post by applepievn » Thu, 05 Apr 2012 9:12 pm

Wanna go for this?

http://events.insing.com/event/illucyna ... d-fb650000

PM me if you're keen. I don't know exactly what to expect coz I haven't read the book, but it sounds interesting.
I don't have a signature :P

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 4:52 pm

art,yes.
sports,not really,haha.