Singapore Expats

Applying EP for new staff

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
MauMau

Applying EP for new staff

Post by MauMau » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 5:18 pm

Going to hire someone who needs an EP (salary $2500).

I've already done all the procedures to be able to apply the EP online at MOM for my employee. I have to do this myself instead of a HR person.

I guess I will find out eventually, but exactly how tedious is that process?

I know I know, my admin manager should be doing this.. that's why I'm hiring this person.[/i]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Mar 2012 5:31 pm

If you just read carefully, and don't rush, it only takes a few minutes (15 or so) provided you have all the information at hand. You can save a draft of the application if you get "stuck" and cannot finish.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:44 am

The minimum salary for an EP is 3k

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:08 pm

Saint wrote:The minimum salary for an EP is 3k
2800$ the last I heard! Maybe a problem if you don't have any Singaporeans employed, if i'm not mistaken, due to quota. Though I presume you have check on this!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:19 pm

As of 1 January 2012, the minimum for a new applicant EP (Q1) is $3000/mo.

For renewals after 1 Jan but before 1 July they will renew at the 2800/mo rate for an additional 12 months only, but then all will have to fall under the new criteria. Additionally, they have tightened up on the criteria considerably so even renewal after 30 June will have to fall under the new criteria guidelines as well. I foresee a considerable number of new S pass holders......

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx
Enhanced Employment Pass Framework

From 1 January 2012, the qualifying salary for the Q1 Pass will be increased from $2,800 to at least $3,000 for young graduates, while older applicants would have to command a higher salary to qualify, commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring. The qualifying salary for the P2 Pass will be raised from $4,000 to $4,500. There will be no change in the qualifying salary for P1 Pass which remains at $8,000. Concurrently, educational qualifications requirements will be tightened. For more information, please refer to our press release.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MauMau

Post by MauMau » Sun, 15 Apr 2012 9:32 pm

yeah, it's an S-Pass.

All the news about cutting back on importing FTs... I applied for her online (as a Finance & Admin Exec). She got approved in 4 days.

4 yrs work experience in Philippines and none in SG.

Hmmmm..