Singapore Expats

A Gathering of Eagles - April 2012 :D

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

A Gathering of Eagles - April 2012 :D

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 4:49 pm

We had requests at the close of the last gathering if we could have another Gathering of Eagles in April. The food and the hosts and the guests were all fantastic at the last one.

So we have confirmed the same venue at Phad Thai for Friday 20th of April. Let any of the Mods know if you will be attending. Looking to see all of you again for good conversation, good food and good beer/wine!

Suggestions for new attendees will be entertained as well, let a Mod know via PM. :wink:

sms :D
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 6:37 pm

I'm good for that night.....

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 7:15 pm

Sounds good, count me in. :)

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 7:24 pm

Put me in coach, I'm ready!
nutnut

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks for the invite, but I'm not over again until May (that's the current plan anyway).

I hope you all have a hoot, and thanks again for the kind thought. On the plus side by the time I can hook up you're all going to have this venue set up like a nicely greased machine :cool: :)

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 8:11 pm

Great, I can finally check out this Thai establishment. I'm in!

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 8:22 pm

Here's the link to the trip advisor reviews and details of Phad Thai for those like Grumpy who didn't get the chance last 2 times.

nutnut
nutnut

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:41 pm

I'd love to, it will depend on whether I can find a babysitter, of course. I'll double-confirm at a later date :-D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:16 pm

Hey, bring him with you if you can't! It's been quite a while since we've seen the little whipper-snapper! Should really be getting big now. In fact, bring the hubby as well! ;-)

double-confirm??? You have acclimatized rather well, I'd say! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 8:17 am

They have high chairs if that's what you are worried about?!?! He'll be fine in one of them and some rice crackers and a fruit smoothie... :)
nutnut

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 1:27 pm

Nah, it's the timing that I'm concerned about. We've got a really nice routine going now. Last time I brought him he was still all messed up with the 12 hour time difference and jetlag having just returned from Canada a couple days prior. He's in bed by 7pm every night and turns into a little bear if I try to keep him up :-) later than 8pm is impossible. If we could make it a lunch date, however, it would be another story :-D

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 4:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:double-confirm??? You have acclimatized rather well, I'd say! :lol:
... a bit like "we will revert back to you." :mad:

SMS, thanks for the PM with the kind invitation to join the most esteemed fraternity of Eagles; an honour indeed. Unfortunately as I explained, I'll be out of the country that day so won't be able to make it. However I hope a good time is had by all and I'll definitely do my best to be at the next one.
Be careful what you wish for

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 4:32 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:double-confirm??? You have acclimatized rather well, I'd say! :lol:
... a bit like "we will revert back to you." :mad:
I was trying to be funny. Some things have slipped relatively unnoticed into my lexicon however. The other day at my ang moh doctor's office the white receptionist asked how I would be paying for my visit and I replied "Visa can?" and she totally laughed at me and replied with an emphatically ironic "CAN." I wasn't even trying to be funny, it just slipped out :o

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 4:48 pm

Yeah, when I went back last year for my 45th Class reunion, I realized just how much of the local lexicon had slipped into my speech without me knowing it. :oops!:

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 6:32 pm

Are you hijacking your own thread SMS?
nutnut