Singapore Expats

Expedited Indian Visa

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Expedited Indian Visa

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 8:43 am

Can anyone tell me how quickly (and how) a visa to visit India can be obtained? Would be for EP holder and/or PR.

Apparently, Mustafa no longer offers the service.

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 9:55 am

BIS (?)
#04-09
The Verge
Opposite Tekka Market
Should be $53.50
Singaporeans can get in 3 days
Others/PRs should be 7
Maybe less if paying more?

Info from my PA who just got visa for my boss (Singaporean) who is going on Sunday.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 1:22 pm

Makes sense. Does it works like the old Indonesian embassy? Grease makes things speed up?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 1:43 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Makes sense. Does it works like the old Indonesian embassy? Grease makes things speed up?
I dont think so, in India definitely a big yes, but as the embassy is in SG, I dont think they would want to risk it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 2:49 pm

Just curious, that's all. The old Indonesian embassy and from what I've been given to understand, the Myanmar embassy work that way very well (cannot verify either - but hearsay)

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 4:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just curious, that's all. The old Indonesian embassy and from what I've been given to understand, the Myanmar embassy work that way very well (cannot verify either - but hearsay)
Vietnamese too. Nothing like having my wife come in, say something in Vietnamese (no idea what), and the consular officer letting us cut past all of the westerners in queue, AND get the visa in 20 minutes for no fee, while everyone else has to wait 5 business days. No need to grease palms for us, but definitely just as corrupt :)

That embassy is a great place too. Some nice big old house, on a big piece of land near Holland Village, surrounded by other very nice big houses probably I'd imagine cost well into the 8 digit range... But on the inside, the Vietnamese one is completely gutted and looks like a run down old office, just like it was actually in Vietnam.