Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 25 Mar 2012 2:54 am

To those who started training after end of Dec 11, is it ture that the bond is now 5 years? Please note that this is a question and not a fact yet.

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Sun, 25 Mar 2012 8:14 pm

hi Abercrombie :)

i started training this year :) my contract is 5 years which consists of the 1st 2 years being the bond. hope that helps answer your question :)

c--hanel

Post by c--hanel » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 9:21 am

Anyone knows if on the day of interview,
Can i just bring my diploma cert and not 0-lvl cert ?
Would they request to check for 0-lvl cert if i only bring my diploma cert ?

Cherieboomboom

Post by Cherieboomboom » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 3:27 pm

Hello ladies! Did anyone of you try sending application online? I can't attend the walkin interview next month, and wonder if they accept online application?

Really appreciate if someone could answer me? Thanks! :)

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 5:18 pm

Does anyone have any idea what are the documents will SQ HR asks for ORD personnel? Does Certificate of Service suffice?

Thank you!

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 2:59 pm

whitepetals wrote:hi Abercrombie :)

i started training this year :) my contract is 5 years which consists of the 1st 2 years being the bond. hope that helps answer your question :)
Thks for the answer. Good to know that you are in training now, since you join this forum in 2008, that must have been 3 years of hard work trying to get in :D Hope you enjoy flying and see you around :wink:

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 1:38 pm

Just graduated from poly. But... I'm actually caught in a dilemma. Should i join SIA with a diploma cert(but i think it can't get me far in life as my highest qualification is diploma) OR should i go to uni(3 years) first then try to get into SIA after i graduated from uni? Advices please:(

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:15 pm

Hello people, can i ask how's the format for the management round?? e And what are the questions that are asked before?? Thanks for anyone can help.. :)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Thu, 05 Apr 2012 9:21 am

Abercrombie wrote:
whitepetals wrote:hi Abercrombie :)

Thks for the answer. Good to know that you are in training now, since you join this forum in 2008, that must have been 3 years of hard work trying to get in :D Hope you enjoy flying and see you around :wink:

yes Abercrombie.. ure right. took me lots of perseverance to keep trying and take the route of flying for low cost airline to gain exposure first before i got into SQ. but still.. no regrets. jus went for my snys not long ago.. its more hectic and harder than what i used to do in LCC bt im enjoying it so far!! :) evryone's been really nice :) safe flying and see you around! :)

mandylane

Re: SIA Interview 14 April 2012

Post by mandylane » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 4:27 am

michelle.chng2585 wrote:Anyone going for this interview?
Am thinking of going. But quite scared. I tried before didn't even pass first round. Nervous at the thought of it... think i'm not too prepared...

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Tue, 10 Apr 2012 8:30 pm

Heys!! i'm going on 14th april too!!! gd luck!!! I was booted out at round 1 for the last two times too... Don't lose hope and try again!!

me00w

Post by me00w » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 2:16 am

hi, does anyone want to go together?? i'm nervous to go on my own, it'll be nice to have friendly faces around and to chit chat with :)

michelle.chng2585

Re: SIA Interview 14 April 2012

Post by michelle.chng2585 » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:47 pm

mandylane wrote:
michelle.chng2585 wrote:Anyone going for this interview?
Am thinking of going. But quite scared. I tried before didn't even pass first round. Nervous at the thought of it... think i'm not too prepared...
Totally understand.. i didn't pass either for the first round.. i'm not sure if i should go..

fauzjay
Regular
Regular

Post by fauzjay » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 5:59 pm

Hi all! I am gg this coming intvw on the 14th April. So nervius tho, cuz im like 165cm on the dot. And im sure i'll be the shortest male applicant there. Anyways i will just come with an open mind, which u guys should too. My first time gg, nvr thought of trying my luck of being a cabin crew. Just a private dip holder.

I did a couple of research of past interviews plus my cabin crew friends did advice me on some of the tips and apparently u will get different views which is good in a way that u have an idea of how tricky they can be. But then again, u can use all the materials that u have been studying, at the end of the day it is what i feel that u think u should express and the way u converse to them. To be honest im like a thousand percent nervous! Lol!

Ive got some tips from my friend who got pass all the rounds and she briefly describe the rounds and qns asked, which if u guys/girls want. PM me ur number and i can pass it to u guys thru whatsapp.

So yes again, lets make friends if we want to lessen the feeling of being nervous. Lol!

Good luck!

sulkengirl

Post by sulkengirl » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 8:10 pm

I might be going too!! But im really scared! ):

Anw I googled the interview stages and came across this web. So I thought might as well share! Here it is : http://www.ohredlipsticks.com/2012/04/i ... .html#more

Anyone has any tips?