Singapore Expats

Pest control

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
phil30k
Regular
Regular

Re: Pest control

Post by phil30k » Sat, 30 Apr 2011 3:07 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Hello all,

I am getting a serious pest control issue in my condo they do fogging and the surroundings are really clean and our house is pretty clean.

We are getting really tiny creeping cockroach babies and even huge flying cockroaches like moths.

What can I do? Can someone suggest a good pest control agency?
Maybe one that has a yearly contract with follow up treatments if they come back?

How much does it cost any idea?
Talk to the management office and let them know your problem and the size of the roach. They will arrange for the pest control contractor who services the building to check your unit and make a determination if the problem is from the common area and treat it accordingly.

High rise buildings with chutes have a sprinkler system that rinses the inside of the bin chutes to clean off food spills. These spills occur because people sometimes throw food down the chute without bagging it first. The management office can arrange the pest control company to pour a chemical insecticide down the chute from a higher floor. This may be successful in eradicating road infestations in the bin chute that have established themselves at higher floors.

First thing is to give feedback to the management as that treatment is expensive and they'll have to determine first that is the existing problem and correct treatment.

Hope that helps.

joshua20

Pest control is the process..

Post by joshua20 » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 6:08 pm

Pest control is the process of minimizing or removing a wide range of undesirable insects and other pests from spaces occupied by people.

http://xxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xx

You company isn't very good in that it doesn't get rid of spammers which are the biggest pests of all!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Pest control is the process..

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 7:26 pm

joshua20 wrote:Pest control is the process of minimizing or removing a wide range of undesirable insects and other pests from spaces occupied by people.
I don't know what this thread would have done if you weren't here to clear that up. Thanks!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 7:55 pm

It's spam, and I reported it earlier...

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:09 pm

Digging up an old thread just to promote a company? Tsk tsk tsk...

strokeheard

Post by strokeheard » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 5:25 pm

joshua20 wrote: You company isn't very good in that it doesn't get rid of spammers which are the biggest pests of all!

Pest control has been the biggest cause of concern for me in last few months. I am just making use of the thread to get right answers for controlling mice and cockroaches in my home. If you have some good advice please help me.
Last edited by strokeheard on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 5:51 pm

strokeheard wrote:
joshua20 wrote:Pest control is the process of minimizing or removing a wide range of undesirable insects and other pests from spaces occupied by people.

You company isn't very good in that it doesn't get rid of spammers which are the biggest pests of all!

Pest control has been the biggest cause of concern for me in last few months. I am just making use of the thread to get right answers for controlling mice and cockroaches in my home. If you have some good advice please help me.
Have you read the whole thread? If so, you already know who to call.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 7:33 pm

strokeheard wrote:Pest control has been the biggest cause of concern for me in last few months. I am just making use of the thread to get right answers for controlling mice and cockroaches in my home. If you have some good advice please help me.
I have no idea how to control mice but you can learn how to control cockroaches from the emerald wasps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbDAI-2tzA

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 24 Mar 2013 6:33 am

strokeheard wrote:

Considering you have posted from 3 separate IP addresses, one in New Jersey, USA, and two from Mumbai, one might reasonably ask why you bring up a year old post on a Singapore expat board to talk about mice and cockroaches. TIC - TOC.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 24 Mar 2013 2:42 pm

he might be a globe trotting pest control professional touring a demonstration circuit.

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Post by archcherub » Mon, 17 Jun 2019 3:22 pm

i actually googled for cat pest control and got here :D
was wondering if can train cats to kill bugs for me. too many insects at home

archcherub
Regular
Regular

Post by archcherub » Tue, 03 Sep 2019 1:15 pm

did any one has good netting screen door or net screen windows to prevent flying insects via windows or doors?
i got 1 netting from taobao to prevent my cat from jumping out of the windows and feeling stupid for not getting a dense netting to prevent insects from flying in too

EDIT: 2020- 6mths ago i ordered a ready-made insect screen after i googled for bloggers' reviews on magnetic insect net door. happy with the descriptions. got it within a week, and used it at my home. long story short. my kid and I are no longer bitten by mosquitoes and bugs! (we live on low floor)
Last edited by archcherub on Thu, 16 Jan 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Sep 2019 2:25 pm

It just so happens that I was walking down Ubi Ave 2 yesterday afternoon just to see what was still out there in regards to the handicrafts and supplies (walked back from Horme Hardware at Ubi Crescent). I did pass one shop there on the right if walking in from Paya Lebar Rd. in a row of aluminum frame/window/extrusion sellers, etc. One was working on what looked to be a door grill and they had covered it with screening like we use in the US to keep out the critters, especially flys & mozzies. Didn't get the name of the shop but there is a lot there doing the same type of builds so I'm sure a 30 minute stroll down there would probably turn up what you need, or they will construct it for you.

Check the shops in Block 3027, I believe it was in this bunch of 'aluminium works' shops where I saw them working on screened frames.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 05 Nov 2019 1:33 pm

archcherub wrote:
Tue, 03 Sep 2019 1:15 pm
did any one has good netting screen door or net screen windows to prevent flying insects via windows or doors?
i got 1 netting from taobao to prevent my cat from jumping out of the windows and feeling stupid for not getting a dense netting to prevent insects from flying in too
You can go to Selffix and get one of those DIY insect net to install over your windows and doors. Some are magnetic too. Very handy because you can cut and install based on your window size.