Singapore Expats

From SPASS to EPASS, is there a chance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ng-ng

From SPASS to EPASS, is there a chance

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 4:39 am

my employee applied me for S-Pass for the past 4 weeks, though they didn't told us the status of our pass, i checked it online since the process was taking too long. When i checked for my pass, it stated there that i was applied Feb17 then the status was Rejected. Though it was heart breaking, i constantly checked the status of my pass everyday praying that one day it will changed into a positive one. Then after a week of monitoring, the date of application was changed into Feb23 but still the status was rejected.. yesterday, March 15, i checked again for the pass status, my Application date was changed into 15March, but my PASS TYPE is now EMPLOYMENT PASS then the status is now Pending..

I really don't know what happened since the agency really doesn't give us any info but to wait. Is there a big chance for me? is there anyone who experienced the same thing.. hope someone could share their thoughts.

i'm praying so hard for this :cry:
ng-ng

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 8:58 am

S Pass was rejected but now trying EP? What is your salary? Generally if you would have qualified for an EP they would have applied for that first.

Sorry, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 9:13 am

hi, actually we were informed of a SGD2000 salary but i think it went out that we are not approved for SPASS. We are not informed though of the reason for rejection but then, as i have said, they suddenly applied us for EMPLOYMENT PASS which has a pending status as of now.. i don't know the reason behind switching of Pass in this manner that's why i'm getting paranoid about the situation.

:(
ng-ng

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 9:15 am

and to think that i only got 3.2 years in service experience.
ng-ng

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 9:21 am

If you were rejected for an S pass, there is no way that an EP will be approved. The criteria is stricter for EP for each level up you go, with the exception of the P1 pass where only experience and income are the requirement. Are you sure they are not applying for a Work Permit?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 9:42 am

That's a strange order of things... because the level of work pass goes like this:

Work Permit (WP) > S Pass > Employment Permit (EP)
With stricter conditions like SMS said.

Yeah, are you sure they are applying for EP or WP instead?

(Unless they are cheating on the salary part to get it approved?)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:09 am

the lynx wrote:That's a strange order of things... because the level of work pass goes like this:

Work Permit (WP) > S Pass > Employment Permit (EP)
With stricter conditions like SMS said.

Yeah, are you sure they are applying for EP or WP instead?

(Unless they are cheating on the salary part to get it approved?)
Many unscrupulous agencies have been resorting to re-submitting with a higher Salary, and for EP, when SP gets rejected.

With the cash-back schemes .. I am sure MOM Is wiser now ..

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:39 am

wow thank you for the enlightenment.. actually i kinda accepted already the fact that i was rejected but what happened yesterday made me feel a bit hopeful somehow. But that was Yesterday, i checked again early this morning and tada! back to SPASS and REJECTED status again, the date is today.. tut tut.. :/

Maybe it's not for me though, i'll see if i could ask for a 3rd appeal (examination process) and go to Singapore in my own expense.. But as much as i wanted to, it's the agency's duty and approval if they are willing to process such thing for me.. sigh..

If i was rejected for the 2nd appeal, is that enough reason for MOM to allow me on third appeal? Or they have to assess my documents if i am eligible for it?
ng-ng

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:45 am

ng-ng wrote:wow thank you for the enlightenment.. actually i kinda accepted already the fact that i was rejected but what happened yesterday made me feel a bit hopeful somehow. But that was Yesterday, i checked again early this morning and tada! back to SPASS and REJECTED status again, the date is today.. tut tut.. :/

Maybe it's not for me though, i'll see if i could ask for a 3rd appeal (examination process) and go to Singapore in my own expense.. But as much as i wanted to, it's the agency's duty and approval if they are willing to process such thing for me.. sigh..

If i was rejected for the 2nd appeal, is that enough reason for MOM to allow me on third appeal? Or they have to assess my documents if i am eligible for it?
Sorry to throw cold water on you but it only shows one thing that MOM doesn't want you here. Not on S Pass, let alone EP.

Your only hope to work in Singapore can only come in 3 ways:

1. If you have any qualification that can be advantageous to you that you HAVE NOT put in your application.

2. If you look for a job that no local will fight for (call it a niche). Think demand and supply, only with approval from MOM.

3. Downgrade to WP.

Oh wait, I forgot to add one more thing: Stay where you are, upgrade your skills and credentials, and qualifications or number of years in experience (since 3 plus years is not good enough in your case).

And I doubt using agent helps...

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:47 am

i'm not sure if they did applied us for working permit, as i have said we hardly know what was and is happening on our pass right now.. the agency won't give us clear answers.. i am purely basing things on that online checker and exploring answers in this forum and other friends living in singapore.. sigh..
ng-ng

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:59 am

its okay, well this is my first time and i learned a lot from it. Actually i'm planning to go to Singapore to seek for a job, as a tourist though.. I'm just waiting for the final verdict of our agency. I was wrong when i said its 3 years, actually it's 4.3 years.. I just hate the fact that i loved the job offer so much and that my colleagues at my old working place is there already since last year. Both of us having the same school and experience but he's there already. Bitterness that is..

Well, maybe i'll just find my luck in Singapore, another application again..

thank you..
ng-ng

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 1:14 pm

You can try coming over as tourist and look for work. But don't forget that you cannot overstay for SVP... ICA has been very careful about foreigners who default on SVP to look for job in desperation.

Good luck.

ng-ng

Post by ng-ng » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 2:02 pm

thanks for the advice, this forum is very helpful because of people like you.
ng-ng

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 2:07 pm

the lynx wrote:You can try coming over as tourist and look for work. But don't forget that you cannot overstay for SVP... ICA has been very careful about foreigners who default on SVP to look for job in desperation.

Good luck.
Lynx: not to offend you, but if he is from Manila, he will have a bigger headache leaving Philippines ..

Hence their sort of rigid rule to always engage an agent ..

They may need a LOA (letter of Affidavit) issued by the embassy here, for a fee, for primary clearance, if stopped by BI

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 Mar 2012 2:18 pm

ecureilx wrote:
the lynx wrote:You can try coming over as tourist and look for work. But don't forget that you cannot overstay for SVP... ICA has been very careful about foreigners who default on SVP to look for job in desperation.

Good luck.
Lynx: not to offend you, but if he is from Manila, he will have a bigger headache leaving Philippines ..

Hence their sort of rigid rule to always engage an agent ..

They may need a LOA (letter of Affidavit) issued by the embassy here, for a fee, for primary clearance, if stopped by BI
Haha no, no... No offence taken of course! Plus I'm not familiar with such rules in Philippines...