Singapore Expats

Newly established company. What are the chances of EP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yogi2484

Newly established company. What are the chances of EP?

Post by yogi2484 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:10 am

hi

I have recently got job offer from a newly established company in AU which is opening office in Singapore. they have offered me good salary $7K+. I have applied for my EP under manual process as suggested by the agency I have hired. Can you please let me know what chances do i have for my EP application to pass through?

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 3:50 pm

There is a quota (minimum ratio of locals to foreign employees) for companies, usually 4:1 (but there are exceptions). Does this new office have 4 or more locals for every foreigner?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 3:57 pm

beppi wrote:There is a quota (minimum ratio of locals to foreign employees) for companies, usually 4:1 (but there are exceptions). Does this new office have 4 or more locals for every foreigner?
And the paid up capital must be sufficient to warrant a positive look by MOM

Authorised - 1 Mil, paid up 2 $ doesnt' fly

And even topping up the paid up doesn't reflect quickly enough ..

And, the TS' employer should approach IE Singapore to advice if they are opening as a representation office, so they can avail some benefit .. depends on a case by case basis.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 4:43 pm

Don't tell service companies that. We have a 50% dependency ratio so we are allowed one for one, but S pass holders we are allow one for two locals. The shipyards, are much better off as they are allowed a 62.5% dependency ration which means they are allowed more foreigners than locals. Manufacturing is even higher that that. What industry are you talking about that you need 3 locals in order to hire a single foreigner?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogi2484

Post by yogi2484 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 5:47 pm

This would be their new office in Singapore and I will be the first person there. The industry is media. Its a complete new setup with headquartered in Australia.

yogi2484

Post by yogi2484 » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me in this case?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 8:46 pm

What kind of help are you looking for? If your application has been submitted, there is nothing anybody can do except for you except to wait for the outcome......v :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogi2484

Post by yogi2484 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 1:12 am

I am just looking to get more information on chances of getting EP for a newly formed company.

kindred

Post by kindred » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 7:35 am

This is interesting (and slightly worrying) - is it true regarding the ratio of locals vs foreigners? I thought that was just for work permits and there was no restriction or requirement for EP (P1/P2/Q1) workers....

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... uotas.aspx - just mentions S-Pass and Work Permits.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 13 Mar 2012 8:44 am

kindred wrote:This is interesting (and slightly worrying) - is it true regarding the ratio of locals vs foreigners? I thought that was just for work permits and there was no restriction or requirement for EP (P1/P2/Q1) workers....

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... uotas.aspx - just mentions S-Pass and Work Permits.
I don't think this is something you need to worry about, given that (from your other post) you are applying for an EP. Or to put it another way, there's nothing you can do about it if it does become an issue. You didn't mention there whether it's a P or S pass that your employer is applying for, but one would hope that they have already ensured they are within their limits for S passes if that is relevant here.

The bigger picture is that the MOM have been more 'selective' in the past year or so regarding EP approvals (if you do a search of this forum you'll find it discussed at great length). So it's really a question of fill in the form accurately and completely, provide as much supporting collateral as you can, and then keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck!
Be careful what you wish for