Singapore Expats

Exec Assistant salary in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
kiwijodes

Exec Assistant salary in Singapore?

Post by kiwijodes » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 4:23 pm

Hi there

I'm relocating to Singapore with my hubby and I'm desperately trying to find some info around what a high level Executive Assistant (Board/Chairman/CEO) level would look to earn in terms of base and any expat package benefits? I've been an EA for 13 years (I'm 32, kiwi female currently been living/working in Dubai for nearly 6 years, prior to the New Zealand and UK).

Does anyone have any information they may be able to share in terms of base/housing etc? I would be forever grateful.

I've found plenty of ads for roles that interest me and have contacted recruitment agents however to no avail - which is making it difficult to get an idea of what kind of salary I would be looking at.

Appreciate any info
Cheers
Jodie

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 5:10 pm

Executive assistance lands in the realm of "lotsa locals capable of doing it" (yes, even at the top executive level). So, companies would opt to hire locals to satisfy local-foreigner ratios mandated by law, and also because there's less paperwork involved.

And locals would tend to work for less money as well.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah EAs are 10 a penny here in SG. I can't imagine there even exists an EA in Singapore on an "expat" contract, but I am willing to be proved wrong.

Possible to get a "top level" EA for about $3000 a month...I think that is S pass territory...

Your best bet might be to get a recommendation to the local office if you previously worked for a multi-national.

If not, wait until you get here and have a dependant's pass...think it would be easier to get work then, rather than try and qualify on your own merits.

kiwijodes

Post by kiwijodes » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 2:39 pm

thanks guys, appreciate your help - I would need to provide husband with dependent pass so that leaves me in a bit of a pickle....

BigT

Post by BigT » Wed, 29 Feb 2012 4:50 am

nakatago wrote:Executive assistance lands in the realm of "lotsa locals capable of doing it" (yes, even at the top executive level). So, companies would opt to hire locals to satisfy local-foreigner ratios mandated by law, and also because there's less paperwork involved.

Out of interest what are the local-foreigner ratios?

And locals would tend to work for less money as well.
Top level EA for 3k -whats the best way to recruit in Singapore ? Any decent websites ? Or just the normal recruiters li,e Paige ? Help appreciated I need anEA

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:04 pm

If you are going to be dealing with locals, then you need a local PA (preferably Chinese & English [not Singlish] speaking). You don't need the likes of Paige or other "headhunting" firms. Use a local recruiter. They will charge you 80% to 100% of one month's salary for a fee and not 15-30% of per annum salary and you'll have the same abysmal service from either. Figure on having to replace PA's once every two years as they will leave for 5 minutes or $50 or "change of environment". :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers