Singapore Expats

I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese girl

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:13 pm

Yeah true, but are they really stupid enough to sign up to an expats forum to seek the advice of SGns?

Maybe so said Dorothy! :???:

nethawk

Post by nethawk » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:16 am

I'll go ahead and ask her for a date,but many thanks for all your posts some have been rude though.

nethawk

Post by nethawk » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:21 am

sanjivvohra wrote:OP, go for it! You have nothing to lose except your virginity!
On a serious note ( a lot of us said this in this post alone so its become a bit jaded, but what the....)

- is it one sided? be sure before you leap and lose a friend.
- Chindian? Dont overanalyse; you are in Singapore; she's in Singapore. Presumably both are human beings.
- Faint heart never a maiden won (or something like that).
If you are a North Indian then "chak de phatte" ('just do it' for the uninitiated).
shukreya bhai.

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Post by sweetgazebo » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 8:54 am

You are not even proud to begin with of your origins and with all your bragging (typical) don't expect polite feedback and comments :D
nethawk wrote:I'll go ahead and ask her for a date,but many thanks for all your posts some have been rude though.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 9:02 am

*fist in air*
Atta boy! That's some courage.

But remember, DO.NOT.FREAK.HER.OUT... You don't wanna lose the friendship. Go nice and slow...

:twisted:

On a personal note, most of the Chindian relationships I have observed (which are successful in this note, of course) are the ones consisting of both partners who are well-articulated, well-brought up, well-exposed and well-read to the point that race is not a factor, and not even to the family. The question would be, are you (and the girl, especially) well up to that level?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 9:05 am

And when you do scare here away by being over-bearing, go relieve that stress in OT, or Brix, the bar down stairs from the Hyatt's lobby. (Or so friends tell me! :P )

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 9:22 am

zzm9980 wrote:And when you do scare here away by being over-bearing, go relieve that stress in OT, or Brix, the bar down stairs from the Hyatt's lobby. (Or so friends tell me! :P )
Your Scepticism of his majestic dating ability amuses me somewhat!
nutnut

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 9:23 am

But seriously, he made the right choice. He really should've asked her out in the first place. He should let his feelings known.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 9:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They can't find Google, let alone a G-spot! :P
now, now .. slow down.

G-Spot ? Of course, All Indians can find a G-Spot ! After all, G-Spot -or commonly known as Gold-Spot, is a well known fizzy drink / soda :D :D

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Post by sanjivvohra » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 7:50 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:They can't find Google, let alone a G-spot! :P
now, now .. slow down.

G-Spot ? Of course, All Indians can find a G-Spot ! After all, G-Spot -or commonly known as Gold-Spot, is a well known fizzy drink / soda :D :D
Gold Spot! Those were the days!
Didn't hit any G-spots though, with the "cold" drink!
Sanjiv

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Post by sanjivvohra » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 7:56 pm

nethawk wrote:I'll go ahead and ask her for a date,but many thanks for all your posts some have been rude though.
Good! All the best. Some advise - hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. For God's sake dont freak her out by coming on too strong right out of the gate. Take it easy the first couple of dates to get a feel of how she feels.

Dont get overly worried about the posts here, you WILL get razzed, specially when you raise such a topic! :P
Sanjiv

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:08 am

sanjivvohra wrote:
Good! All the best. Some advise - hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. For God's sake dont freak her out by coming on too strong right out of the gate. Take it easy the first couple of dates to get a feel of how she feels.
First thing is to find out if she is single .. many a local here tend to compartmentalize their life, personal / work, and many many years ago I did ask a colleague out for dinner and in Holland V, and only then did I find out that she was engaged / ROM'd :)

And sheepishly I had to cut short my 'desert' plans and call it a day .. and her BF picked her up in Holland V.

And subsequently I ensured that the person is single and no bf (or gf ? well, that's a different story though it also exists in Singapore) before asking 'em out ... you never know ..

Well, now I don't do it cos I am off the shelf :D Hence I advice when I can .. ;)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:14 am

So have you boned her yet?

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Post by sanjivvohra » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:15 am

Fair point. That would be a nutbreaker!
Sanjiv

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 9:20 am

JR8 wrote:

So have you boned her yet?

Please do keep us updated with your progress.
Did you mean 'dogged' her ?? :D :D

You missed the "V" part I guess :D :D