Singapore Expats

About finishing highschool before NS

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
austincmn

About finishing highschool before NS

Post by austincmn » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 5:44 pm

I was born in May 1997, and I am almost 15 years old now, and studying in China. I am now in the second half semester of sec 2.
Looking at China's system of schooling (school starts at September every year and not January, unlike how it is in Singapore.), I shouldn't be able to finish high school. In fact, I will be stopping at the second level of high school.
What I want to know is, do I have to go for NS strictly when I reach the age of 18, or is there a way to delay it for schooling reasons? Like for example finish high school? Is it possible to go at 19?

Also, if it is true that I must go at 18, do I have to go in May?

Added information: It's because if I stop at the second level of high school, it will really affect my graduation of high school exam or whatever it is called.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Mar 2012 5:48 pm

You can normally get a deferment as long as it is secondary school. But not for tertiary education post secondary.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers