Singapore Expats

I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese girl

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 1:51 pm

Hmmm, I don't recall someone ever saying "I'm a south Indian guy..."

It's like North Indians go to great lengths to make sure people know they're different from other Indians.... :twisted:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:16 pm

nakatago wrote:Hmmm, I don't recall someone ever saying "I'm a south Indian guy..."

It's like North Indians go to great lengths to make sure people know they're different from other Indians.... :twisted:
or insisting that they are God's gift to the female species :D :D

Oh, well .. you can have high aspirations I guess !!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:23 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:Hmmm, I don't recall someone ever saying "I'm a south Indian guy..."

or insisting that they are God's gift to the female species :D :D

Oh, well .. you can have high aspirations I guess !!
Now, now - be nice - it's nearly Friday....

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:32 pm

BillyB wrote:Now, now - be nice - it's nearly Friday....
But in North India, it may still be Wednesday .. or am I mistaken ?? :) or is it a different part of the world ?

To the OP, did she even know that you are 'marriage' material ?

Do you know the Chinese wedding customs ?

Well, there are a few Chindians here, but, heck, I also know a few who didn't last long ..

It doesn't matter if you are smitten.

Would your family allow you (a virgin) to live with the girl, until the proper 'wedding happens' ? that's for a start .. I mean, the time between ROM and getting a 'house' unless you are already the owner of an apartment in Orchard Residences.

Ubin

Re: I'm North Indian Guy in love with Singaporean chinese gi

Post by Ubin » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:48 pm

nethawk wrote:I'm 28 presently working for a US based company in Singapore, I was born and brought up in southern part of india to be precise in bangalore.
I'm a confident, very academic, humorous easy going guy but bit shy. I have lot of respect towards fair-sex (Women) listen and appreciate them in general, also I'm a teetotaler.
Although my parents were liberal, I wasn't very much involved in dating kind of stuff and instead concentrated fully on studies and passed out MS with Hons from reputed Univ, I got a good offer in bangalore immediately joined and unfortunately became a workaholic.
This month my company promoted and deputed me to work in singapore, I met my girl she is 26 singaporean very cute,caring, career oriented, hardworking and straight forward girl.
I was totally mesmerized by her, I used to chat with her on wide range of topics as she is so smart and well learned, My comfort levels are very good when I'm with her.Now I want to date and marry her.
I'm lil bit hesitant to talk about this and worry will she mistake me? or will she completely avoid me? because i do not want to lose her friendship either.
Before I ask her I would like to hear from singaporeans, can you help me with your views and suggestions? what do you people think about Indian-Chinese interracial relationship? will it be compatible?
Financially I'm in comfortable position in 120K plan and at last I'm virgin. :D
MOD NOTE: removed bold
From a local personal perspective, the chindian relationships does exist here but the percentage is small. At least in my circle of singaporean chinese female friends or colleagues, I have mostly heard they have no interest in having relationship with Indian man.
Last edited by Ubin on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 2:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:Or OP is somebody who believes the movies, where a 'handsome' and 'virile' and 'north indian' guy is a babe magnet .. :D
Oh you mean the Bollywood? Or Kollywood for that matter...? :twisted:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 3:20 pm

the lynx wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Or OP is somebody who believes the movies, where a 'handsome' and 'virile' and 'north indian' guy is a babe magnet .. :D
Oh you mean the Bollywood? Or Kollywood for that matter...? :twisted:
I've actually heard that there is a very high incidence of ED amongst Northern Indians, so 'virile' is somewhat of a misnomer..... :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Post by sweetgazebo » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 3:28 pm

One (South) Indian chap I knew ended up marrying a Chinese woman but to that very day of the wedding her father never turned up and gave his blessings. Her mother constantly advised her of the consequences if she went ahead with the wedding unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. On that day of the wedding none (apart from her mother and sister) of the relatives from the bride's side turned up.

If the OP wants to marry a chinese here think of the obstacles and barriers you are going to have to face. A lot of chinese here still do not see indians on their level. If you truly love this woman and she in turn, then good and your love will see you both through these trials and tribulations. Otherwise it's just going to be another divorce statistic a year later.
Ubin wrote:
nethawk wrote:I'm 28 presently working for a US based company in Singapore, I was born and brought up in southern part of india to be precise in bangalore.
From a local personal perspective, the chindian relationships does exist here but the percentage is small. At least in my circle of singaporean chinese female friends or colleagues, I have mostly heard they have no interest in having relationship with Indian man.

sanjivvohra
Regular
Regular

Post by sanjivvohra » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 4:11 pm

OP, go for it! You have nothing to lose except your virginity!
On a serious note ( a lot of us said this in this post alone so its become a bit jaded, but what the....)

- is it one sided? be sure before you leap and lose a friend.
- Chindian? Dont overanalyse; you are in Singapore; she's in Singapore. Presumably both are human beings.
- Faint heart never a maiden won (or something like that).
If you are a North Indian then "chak de phatte" ('just do it' for the uninitiated).
Sanjiv

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 4:14 pm

I'm a confident, very academic, humorous easy going guy but bit shy. I have lot of respect towards fair-sex (Women) listen and appreciate them in general, also I'm a teetotaler.

Although my parents were liberal, I wasn't very much involved in dating kind of stuff and instead concentrated fully on studies and passed out MS with Hons from reputed Univ, I got a good offer in bangalore immediately joined and unfortunately became a workaholic.

This month my company promoted and deputed me to work in singapore, I met my girl she is 26 singaporean very cute,caring, career oriented, hardworking and straight forward girl.
I was totally mesmerized by her, I used to chat with her on wide range of topics as she is so smart and well learned, My comfort levels are very good when I'm with her.Now I want to date and marry her.

I'm lil bit hesitant to talk about this and worry will she mistake me? or will she completely avoid me? because i do not want to lose her friendship either.

Before I ask her I would like to hear from singaporeans, can you help me with your views and suggestions? what do you people think about Indian-Chinese interracial relationship? will it be compatible?

Financially I'm in comfortable position in 120K plan and at last I'm virgin. :D

MOD NOTE: removed bold
Please do the thing that North Indian guys in Bangalore do these days when they like a girl-ask her out. If she says no, then forget about the episode and go back to business as usual. And if she says yes, don't jump to conclusions and assume she will marry you. "Dating" is a phase where people get to know each other and THEN make the BIG decision (usually!).

Compatibility largely depends on the people involved. Yes, race does pose some challenges but none that can't be overcome if the people involved are willing to accept and appreciate the same. On a serious note, from your post you come across as immature and culturally unaware.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 4:56 pm

On a serious note, from your post you come across as immature and culturally unaware.
That had to be the understatement of the day! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 5:07 pm

nethawk wrote:I was totally mesmerized by her, I used to chat with her on wide range of topics as she is so smart and well learned, My comfort levels are very good when I'm with her.Now I want to date and marry her.

How could we have missed it?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 7:53 pm

Awwww! He's just so precious! :console:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 8:06 pm

Needs the mother of all bitch-slaps, half a bottle of JD down him, and taking for a night at OT! :)

p.s. The OP is obviously a pi$$-take. I know some people are dumb, but no, not dumb enough to be 28 year old virgin Masters holders, and signing up to this forum solely to float that post for public advice!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Mar 2012 9:10 pm

JR8 wrote:Needs the mother of all bitch-slaps, half a bottle of JD down him, and taking for a night at OT! :)

p.s. The OP is obviously a pi$$-take. I know some people are dumb, but no, not dumb enough to be 28 year old virgin Masters holders, and signing up to this forum solely to float that post for public advice!
Oh, I don't know. The guy did say he had a masters. We already know how clueless most of them are! They can't find Google, let alone a G-spot! :P