Singapore Expats

Hairdressers in Singapore???

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Two2Tango

Toni & Guy Colorist

Post by Two2Tango » Thu, 22 Dec 2011 1:14 pm

Does anyone know where Chaya from T&G Heeren has gotten to? Just tried to make an appointment and was told she's no longer there.

LilAlthia

Post by LilAlthia » Sun, 01 Jan 2012 3:01 pm

Can give Mode Hair Gallery a try! If you check their facebook page, they've recently got recommended to the Expat Living magazine Reader Awards as "Best Hair Salon". (: I got my hair cut and permed by a guy I think called Allen? Allan? It wasn't too shabby!

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Toni & Guy Colorist

Post by stiwi » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 5:22 pm

Two2Tango wrote:Does anyone know where Chaya from T&G Heeren has gotten to? Just tried to make an appointment and was told she's no longer there.
+1, anyone? My wife was told so too.

Feliciadrew

Post by Feliciadrew » Wed, 08 Feb 2012 4:08 pm

Singapore has many many hair dressers all over the island. There are the chains and then there are the individual one location hair dressers. They do a good job and are also quite reasonable. The only problem is that they can only work with very straight hair which is what most women in Sg have or aspire to have! So you will have to find a hair dresser who understands you and your hair. There are quite a few in the Orchard area, infact you will find more than 1 in every mall. Take your pick :)

homewheresthat

Chaya, come back!!!

Post by homewheresthat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 4:06 pm

Chaya (Toni & Guy, Heeren) has given up work :(

I was recommended another colourist at the same salon to try, and suffice to say I went shopping in a headscarf today. Tomorrow I have to go to work and I will feel embarrassed to be in a professional environment with this ridiculous hair. It's patchy because many strands of hair are two or three different colours along their length (I don't even know how she managed this) and there is a bright stripe down the parting where it's much lighter near the roots. It's awful, and it cost a small fortune.

I doubt I'll go back and ask her to correct it, as chances are she just doesn't know what she's doing with Caucasian hair and does not have the skills to do it right, so I wouldn't trust her not to make it worse.

I'm thinking I might try Cedric. Very depressed at the money I'll have to chuck at this to make it look passable, and probably it will never look right until this mess has grown out. Any other suggestions of a colourist good enough to fix it are VERY welcome!

Chaya's other ex-clients, good luck, you'll need it.

rickjames

Re: Chaya, come back!!!

Post by rickjames » Thu, 16 Feb 2012 5:19 pm

homewheresthat wrote:
I'm thinking I might try Cedric. Very depressed at the money I'll have to chuck at this to make it look passable, and probably it will never look right until this mess has grown out. Any other suggestions of a colourist good enough to fix it are VERY welcome!

Save your money and don't go to Cedric. I find it really hard to believe all the good reviews of his 'work' after going to him recently. Completely nice guy but $500 less money in my wallet and I had to go back 2 times for him to correct the hair (so 3 trips in all)..and it's still not corrected completely.

The first time I had to go back (the same day) was because my hair was uneven..I noticed when I got home. the 2nd time was 2 days later when the keratin treatment washed completely out of my hair (I've had the keratin treatment done a few times elsewhere so I knew how it was suppose to hold up and look like). He had to redo it- which lasted about 2 weeks.

During the blow out, he pulled so hard on my hair too-pulling some out- I noticed the next day. maybe he was salty because I was making him redo it (over and over again)..but after paying that much money, I expect it be a great job. period.

Plus the guy needs to hire an assistant pronto...he literally works on 3 people at one time and ends up doing a shoddy job. You couldn't pay me to go back to him. He really shouldn't be charging those prices either- for what you get in return, it's not worth that.

For colour, try Alvin at Trimmings..he does colour very well - his haircuts are ok, but his colour is great. plus his colour for me is about 150...I'm sure cederic would try to charge 300. lol.

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by stiwi » Sat, 25 Feb 2012 5:46 pm

jacklinapeter wrote:I have had hair nightmares galore here in Singapore but now go to Toni & Guy at the heeren on orchard road and love it! Chaya does my hi-lights and David cuts my hair, both are excellent and I cannot recommend them highly enough. I would not go to anyone else and have tried a fair few salons so although they do not cost the aforesaid $10 per haircut, they are well worth the extra pennies!
It seems you haven't been there for a while... Chaya is not working there anymore. As for David, it was always a pain to catch an appointment with him.

mbou

Keno at Mosche

Post by mbou » Sat, 10 Mar 2012 7:09 am

I've been going to Keno at Mosche (two locations, Grand Hyatt and Pan Pacific). I had same stylist for 10+ years in NYC at Bumble & bumble, so was VERY nervous. Had one bad cut when I first arrived, but then I met Keno. He spent several years in Sydney so really understands expat hair. Very professional cut, seriously top notch. Have also done brazilian straightening with him. Took 4+ hours but totally worth it.

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Sat, 31 Mar 2012 4:56 pm

My personal hairdresser works at home. She is very good in her work and she takes care of the small details.
I have done straightening.. colouring and hair treatment with her.
My hair length reaches the waist area and she charges me about $95 for straightening.. $35 for colouring.
her name is anne and her number is 94798201

I have gone to many salons in orchard and i don't feel that they are doing a good job despite charging a premium. And when i have problems after straightening my hair they will just brush them aside.

amazon1

brands of color

Post by amazon1 » Fri, 20 Apr 2012 9:35 pm

Do you know what brands of hair color they use in Singapore? My grey hairs are very hard to cover and not everything works for me. I'm thinking about trying to bring in a bunch of hair color. Will they let me in with it? When it runs out can I ship in more?

RSB

Post by RSB » Fri, 04 May 2012 1:28 pm

Hi chiken_c

Where is Anne based please? and does she speak English?

I've just moved to Singapore and looking for a hairdresser everyone is either really expensive or really cheap and do not speak good English.

thx :)
xx

livingabroad123

Post by livingabroad123 » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 2:37 pm

@mbou - Did Keno at Mosche do coloring as well? I'm looking to go lighter for the "summer"..Was it super expensive?

Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 2:44 pm

Summer? :shock:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

livingabroad123

Post by livingabroad123 » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 2:52 pm

Hence the quotation marks... really, I'm just looking for a change of color and style!

dtk81

Post by dtk81 » Thu, 05 Jul 2012 10:55 am

my hair dresser at Central Clarke Quay is great. He is on the 4th level. Price is reasonable too.
After I get Chiropractic care at Light Chiropractic I get my haircut once a month to once every 2 months