Singapore Expats

Catteries

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
zodiac09
Regular
Regular

Catteries

Post by zodiac09 » Tue, 08 Sep 2009 4:21 pm

Hi guys -
Only new here, so if this thread is in the wrong place, sorry.

Just had to air my thoughts after a recent visit to Pasir Ris to check outa certain cattery establishment there. Soooooo glad I did ! The website is very thorough and professional and gives a very different impression to actual reality.

WOT A SH1THOLE !!!!!!!!!

The building was right next door to the kennels. Noisy and intimidating. It reminded me of my old man's shed. It was dark, filthy, rusty & dark cages, cobwebs everywhere. It was no damn wonder the cats looked so forlorn.

I would never normally advocate "grassing up" an establishment like this, but please please do not take your beloved pets to this particular establishment, the hype from the website must only be for the dogs there. If you own a cat, don't be tempted - they really are terrible. One particular moggie had been there for a year. It broke my wife's heart. Apparently, the owner was not allowed pets in his new place. I so wish I could have adopted the kitty straightway and ended it's terrible existance in that hell hole.

Luckily there was another cattery just up the road. Immaculate, friendly, clean, tidy and welcoming. We booked kitty in for xmas....... :o)

OK. Rant over *sigh* Just had to get that off my chest, guys.

arsene1

the cattery

Post by arsene1 » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:47 am

Hi

im looking for a good home for my kitten over christmas

can you forward me the name of the cattery you mention

thanks

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carolynW » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 8:17 pm

wow can they be reported to the SPCA?

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 2:37 pm

Whats the name of that place? My cat is at a shelter at yio chu kang, 15mins pass the turf club. I am happy with his enviroment.

dashbad

Post by dashbad » Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:25 am

I am bumping thread as I am looking for recommendations of somewhere my cat can stay for 2 weeks when I go on holiday.

Can anyone recommend a cattery we can use? I'm not sure which one this thread refers to.

Thanks

laicarolyn

Post by laicarolyn » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:45 am

Hi zodiac - can you please pm me with the name of the cattery you mentioned ? I intend to put my kitty in one of the pet boarding in Pasir Ris but i am worried knowing my luck i will pick that one. Can we tour the cattery first before making a decision ? I tried to pm you but i don't have anough post hence was rejected. Thanks

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 2:03 pm

Is Cattery a real word? I thought it was some silly spoof on Battery since today is Caturday..

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 1:22 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Is Cattery a real word? I thought it was some silly spoof on Battery since today is Caturday..
Yes of course it's a real word :roll:
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definitio ... ?q=cattery

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:45 pm

snowqueen wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Is Cattery a real word? I thought it was some silly spoof on Battery since today is Caturday..
Yes of course it's a real word :roll:
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definitio ... ?q=cattery
Hey. cat people are pretty crazy. I don't know if it's made up or notwith so many goofy "cat-" words floating around the Internet.

See?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Caturday

Besides, I just always called them "Cat Kennels". And I used to own cats.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:15 pm

laicarolyn wrote:Hi zodiac - can you please pm me with the name of the cattery you mentioned ? I intend to put my kitty in one of the pet boarding in Pasir Ris but i am worried knowing my luck i will pick that one. Can we tour the cattery first before making a decision ? I tried to pm you but i don't have anough post hence was rejected. Thanks
Have a tried a cat-sitter instead? Have you seen how animals are treated in Singapore by the staff at the communal places?!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:17 pm

Is a Cattery and a Cat House the same thing? They both keep pussycats don't they? :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 2:39 pm

:mrgreen:

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 3:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Is a Cattery and a Cat House the same thing? They both keep pussycats don't they? :cool:
I'd imagine so, but quite different to the doghouse - I've plenty of first-hand experience of that down the years!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 14 Feb 2012 9:33 pm

BillyB wrote: Have a tried a cat-sitter instead? Have you seen how animals are treated in Singapore by the staff at the communal places?!
Good occasional dose of reality might do your pussy good Bunter.

None of this parading about on the dinner table eating off your plates!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:40 am

JR8 wrote:
BillyB wrote: Have a tried a cat-sitter instead? Have you seen how animals are treated in Singapore by the staff at the communal places?!
Good occasional dose of reality might do your pussy good Bunter.

None of this parading about on the dinner table eating off your plates!
You colossal vagina!

You'll be pleased to know it was the little one's birthday and we fed her salmon at the side of the table, rather than of it!

Return to “General Discussions”