Singapore Expats

Does illegitimate child have right to get any pass in sing

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 3:44 pm

therat wrote:
nakatago wrote:FYI, and probably moot, in the Philippines, illegitimate children born of a Filipina mother automatically get the citizenship of the mother. The mother also gets default custody.
In Singapore law, illegitimate children born in Singapore will follow mother citizenship.
Hence, it make no different whether born in Philippines or Singapore.

However I'm curious, does TS hold any Work permit before she give birth.

@therat: i just had student pass and after completing my course i got pregnant with my son.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 3:47 pm

If the government didn't grant your son the right to study here, I don't think there's much you can do anymore.

Why not send him to good schools in the Philippines and prepare him to transfer to a Singapore school further down the line--i.e. secondary or tertiary education?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 3:55 pm

nakatago wrote:If the government didn't grant your son the right to study here, I don't think there's much you can do anymore.

Why not send him to good schools in the Philippines and prepare him to transfer to a Singapore school further down the line--i.e. secondary or tertiary education?

Maybe if really cant do anything now i will enroll him temporarily and will still look for any legal way for him to study in singapore. thanks friend

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:08 pm

love83g wrote:
nakatago wrote:If the government didn't grant your son the right to study here, I don't think there's much you can do anymore.

Maybe if really cant do anything now i will enroll him temporarily and will still look for any legal way for him to study in singapore. thanks friend
If the child is only 3 years, isn't it a bit too early to start schooling ?

I have no kids of my own ..

is your intention to pressure the father or otherwise ? sorry, I am a bit lost here ..

Legal way for him to study here - as others mentioned, it will be a tough call. More towards no ..

Unless the father agrees to sponsor the child or adopt.

love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:28 pm

ecureilx wrote:
love83g wrote:

If the child is only 3 years, isn't it a bit too early to start schooling ?

I have no kids of my own ..

is your intention to pressure the father or otherwise ? sorry, I am a bit lost here ..

Legal way for him to study here - as others mentioned, it will be a tough call. More towards no ..

Unless the father agrees to sponsor the child or adopt.

hello actually his turning 4 already this march. about the question if my intention is to pressure the answer is no. all i want is for my son to sudy in singapore and i never also ask him to divorce and leave his family.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:32 pm

love83g wrote:hello actually his turning 4 already this march. about the question if my intention is to pressure the answer is no. all i want is for my son to sudy in singapore and i never also ask him to divorce and leave his family.
Schooling here, for Primary 1 starts at the age of 6

from 4 to 6, it is Kindergarten. For KG, as far as I know there is no student pass, unless the parents have convinced ICA that they are rich enough to send their kids from KG.

love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:41 pm

ecureilx wrote:
love83g wrote:hello actually his turning 4 already this march. about the question if my intention is to pressure the answer is no. all i want is for my son to sudy in singapore and i never also ask him to divorce and leave his family.
Schooling here, for Primary 1 starts at the age of 6

from 4 to 6, it is Kindergarten. For KG, as far as I know there is no student pass, unless the parents have convinced ICA that they are rich enough to send their kids from KG.

You are correct with that you must have enough money in the bank but in my son case i don't know why. they dont give any reason but i respect it because its there policy.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:53 pm

love83g wrote: Thanks strong eagle actually he did supplied all the necessary document needed in applying the student pass but my son still got rejected. some people advice me to do some action but it will affect his family although we have son i don't want to ruin his family especially his reputation to his kids.
I think part of the problem might be that irrespective of whether your son is entitled to study in SG, that allowing him to would entail having to give you a visa too.

You wouldn't be able to work, so then you'd have a situation where the father is funding to house/feed/water his mistress and his sons education, through to the age of 21 years old or so. Such a thing could be called a 'Mistress LTVP', and all based upon an illegitimate child born out of wedlock abroad.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but from the viewpoint of ICA I can't see what they would see in this that is good for Singapore.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 4:56 pm

JR8 wrote:... Forgive me if I'm wrong, but from the viewpoint of ICA I can't see what they would see in this that is good for Singapore.
I was going to say 'whether it will be detrimental to Singapore .. ' ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_mama

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks for the link Ecu, very interesting, I'd never heard of these people before!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:09 pm

JR8 wrote:Thanks for the link Ecu, very interesting, I'd never heard of these people before!
Really? They came up several times in some threads before....oh well.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:14 pm

JR8 wrote:Thanks for the link Ecu, very interesting, I'd never heard of these people before!
Oh, they were in Vogue in the early 2000s .. and it was quite a bit of juicy news .. considering there isn't much news here anyway, to start with :)

Even there were ads running in Tabloid papers (i.e TNP), offering jobs specially for Peidu mamas .. !!!

After a while, they sort of went silent .. especially after the protest demanding their right to live in Singapore .. !!

Those who have been here that long would vouch for the amount of tabloid news - or rather, NEWS they generated .. as well as the Huang Na incident and the amount of positive support that came outpouring initially, and and which quickly soured and turned into anger against the mother's perceived efforts on generating maximum donation using the sympathy ..

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:21 pm

ecureilx wrote:as well as the Huang Na incident and the amount of positive support that came outpouring initially, and and which quickly soured and turned into anger against the mother's perceived efforts on generating maximum donation using the sympathy ..
Oh come on! You know that bit was a rumour itself.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:31 pm

nakatago wrote:
Really? They came up several times in some threads before....oh well.
It is one of those topics that might not have immediate kerb-side appeal to me, so I skipped it. However now I see the scope for associated gossip and tittle-tattle, er, I mean the wider social implications, I'm all ears :wink:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:31 pm

the lynx wrote:
ecureilx wrote:as well as the Huang Na incident and the amount of positive support that came outpouring initially, and and which quickly soured and turned into anger against the mother's perceived efforts on generating maximum donation using the sympathy ..
Oh come on! You know that bit was a rumour itself.
Hence my words "PERCEIVED" .. oh .. knowing Singapore media, somebody did publish that the mother has built a 4 story house back home (of course, that it doesn't cost much when you are out of Singapore was lost .. ) and .. with the fact that she had accumulated a total of more than 300k S$, on top a lot of contribution from other well wishers, including those seeking "NUMBERS" .. the rumour mill was running at full speed .. !!!

Anyway, let's not side track :) :) lest the OP becomes more stressed ..
Last edited by ecureilx on Mon, 13 Feb 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.