Singapore Expats

Does illegitimate child have right to get any pass in sing

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:48 pm

love83g wrote:
JR8 wrote:
love83g wrote:thanks mad scientist for your reply also. it's just hardhat. all we want is for my son to have chance to start his first learning journey in Singapore for his future.
Maybe the father could legally adopt and/or take custody of his son?

Or does your plan somehow involve you getting to live in SG too?

thanks for asking friend the father cant handle to take care alone my son because his legally married and the family doesnt know anything about my son. sorry some people might not understand it but when its the future of your own child is stake you will do everything for the future of the kid.
Except of course, if you are the sh*thead father that would rather protect his 'reputation' than do the right thing by the child... then you do nothing for the future of your kid. He should be exposed for the rat that he is.

Why don't you tell him that if he doesn't supply child support and figure out a way to get the kid proper schooling that you're going to blow the whistle on his game?

kamikaze_j

Post by kamikaze_j » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:23 am

I'd suggest that you consider about the possibility of your son living alone in a foreign land with a father who isn't much of a help if he needs it.

If you are coming along with an EP pass, I think it's quite unlikely a student visa will be refused by the authorities?

How old is your son, by the way?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 7:48 am

Strong Eagle wrote: Why don't you tell him that if he doesn't supply child support and figure out a way to get the kid proper schooling that you're going to blow the whistle on his game?
I tend to agree with this sentiment. Your husband should be calling ICA and MOM to figure something out, not you posting on a forum.

Of course, consider this carefully. If you really ultimately need the husband's cooperation, outside of a court order forcing him (if Singapore has such a thing), you may burn your bridges.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 8:37 am

kamikaze_j wrote: How old is your son, by the way?
Shame you didn't bother to read the thread....

The OP's first post tells you that the child is 3.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 8:41 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: Why don't you tell him that if he doesn't supply child support and figure out a way to get the kid proper schooling that you're going to blow the whistle on his game?
I tend to agree with this sentiment. Your husband should be calling ICA and MOM to figure something out, not you posting on a forum.

Of course, consider this carefully. If you really ultimately need the husband's cooperation, outside of a court order forcing him (if Singapore has such a thing), you may burn your bridges.
I think that's part of the problem. The OP doesn't have a husband. The father is married to another woman and the child was born out of wedlock. The fact that the child was born in another country will find, regardless that the father is Singaporean, that the possibility of a student visa, based on the paternity of the child, won't fly. This is only possibly if it is the woman who is a Singaporean and gives birth overseas, that it is possible. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 9:01 am

love83g wrote:thanks for asking friend the father cant handle to take care alone my son because his legally married and the family doesnt know anything about my son. sorry some people might not understand it but when its the future of your own child is stake you will do everything for the future of the kid.
/commiserating filipino mode on

I'm sorry, OP, but unless the father listens to appeals to being a good person, you better accept the fact that your son won't get anything from him.

Instead of chasing after the father, I strongly suggest you pave the way for your son's future independent of the father. It may be more difficult but it will be better for your son's character. It will also show more of you as a person...and will make you a good role model for your son than chasing after a potential deadbeat dad (based on what little I know right now). Make the most out of s#!+ty situation.

I don't think the father is willing to own up to his responsibility if you are resorting to legal means.

And when your son grows up to be a fine, young man, you can then rub it in the father's face.

/commiserating filipino mode off
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 9:07 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:

I think that's part of the problem. The OP doesn't have a husband. The father is married to another woman and the child was born out of wedlock. The fact that the child was born in another country will find, regardless that the father is Singaporean, that the possibility of a student visa, based on the paternity of the child, won't fly. This is only possibly if it is the woman who is a Singaporean and gives birth overseas, that it is possible. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
Oh, son was born in Philippines? The way I interpreted it the son was born here while mother was on social visit pass.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:25 am

zzm9980 wrote: Oh, son was born in Philippines? The way I interpreted it the son was born here while mother was on social visit pass.
You had miss out reading some post.

TS already mention her son born in Philippines.
Both she and her son are citizen of Philippines.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:56 am

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
zzm9980 wrote: I tend to agree with this sentiment. Your husband should be calling ICA and MOM to figure something out, not you posting on a forum.

Oh, son was born in Philippines? The way I interpreted it the son was born here while mother was on social visit pass.
love83g wrote:@ therat hello my son was born in philipippines. and we are trying to apply student pass but the thing he got rejected again. i really hope that there is a way for my son to study in singapore.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:08 am

therat wrote:
zzm9980 wrote: Oh, son was born in Philippines? The way I interpreted it the son was born here while mother was on social visit pass.
You had miss out reading some post.

TS already mention her son born in Philippines.
Both she and her son are citizen of Philippines.
And as per Philippine Law, the father had signed on the Birth Cert, as per the OP !!

nakatago: You are on the spot .. and, well, for the father (seriously), it may be cheaper for him to pay for expense if the child / mother was in Philippines .. than here ..

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:14 am

FYI, and probably moot, in the Philippines, illegitimate children born of a Filipina mother automatically get the citizenship of the mother. The mother also gets default custody.

@ecureilx: if OP does manage to get the father to give support, it will indeed go a longer way to raise the child in the Philippines. If--and that's a big if--the father agrees to do so.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:43 am

nakatago wrote:FYI, and probably moot, in the Philippines, illegitimate children born of a Filipina mother automatically get the citizenship of the mother. The mother also gets default custody.
In Singapore law, illegitimate children born in Singapore will follow mother citizenship.
Hence, it make no different whether born in Philippines or Singapore.

However I'm curious, does TS hold any Work permit before she give birth.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:48 am

therat wrote:
nakatago wrote:FYI, and probably moot, in the Philippines, illegitimate children born of a Filipina mother automatically get the citizenship of the mother. The mother also gets default custody.
In Singapore law, illegitimate children born in Singapore will follow mother citizenship.
Hence, it make no different whether born in Philippines or Singapore.
Yup. Quoted here for future reference.

love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 3:25 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
love83g wrote:
JR8 wrote: Maybe the father could legally adopt and/or take custody of his son?

Or does your plan somehow involve you getting to live in SG too?

thanks for asking friend the father cant handle to take care alone my son because his legally married and the family doesnt know anything about my son. sorry some people might not understand it but when its the future of your own child is stake you will do everything for the future of the kid.

Except of course, if you are the sh*thead father that would rather protect his 'reputation' than do the right thing by the child... then you do nothing for the future of your kid. He should be exposed for the rat that he is.

Why don't you tell him that if he doesn't supply child support and figure out a way to get the kid proper schooling that you're going to blow the whistle on his game?

Thanks strong eagle actually he did supplied all the necessary document needed in applying the student pass but my son still got rejected. some people advice me to do some action but it will affect his family although we have son i don't want to ruin his family especially his reputation to his kids.

love83g

Post by love83g » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 3:34 pm

@nakatago and ecureilx
: thanks i understand it but the quality of education in singapore is way far better from our country(my apology) or other country. if you in my position you will think the best for your own child and fyi :the father cant give the "whole Family matter". so i am striving hard to find way for him to have best education.