Singapore Expats

Does illegitimate child have right to get any pass in sing

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:26 pm

carteki wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:If I am not wrong unlike in the Peens your bf which is now married to another person can register another marriage in civil court with you.
Does this mean that SG allows bigamy? ie 2 wives?
Not allow.
The husband will get jail or fine or both

http://app.customerfeedback.mcys.gov.sg ... 4121394951

24. What is the penalty for bigamy offence?
Jail or fine or both.

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:28 pm

@ therat hello my son was born in philipippines. and we are trying to apply student pass but the thing he got rejected again. i really hope that there is a way for my son to study in singapore.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:32 pm

love83g wrote:@mad scientist hi i tried to search on base what you said but friend only Muslim can have the second marriage and if only the wife will agree. in Chinese they will be charge bigamy. so its not possible for non Muslim to register twice unless they are officially divorce>
Unless they marry long time ago, at least 30+ yrs ago.

My grandfather and father-in-law have 2 wives.
My best friend father-in-law also has 2 wives.

All are Chinese.

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:40 pm

it that possible before? what is written that you to divorce befor you can have second marriage again. even way back before.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:42 pm

love83g wrote:@ therat hello my son was born in philipippines. and we are trying to apply student pass but the thing he got rejected again. i really hope that there is a way for my son to study in singapore.
Unless you had additional information when apply the student pass. Or else, difficult.

Father is Singapore citizen. It does not help much especially he is legally married to another women and your son is taking up your citizenship.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 3:57 pm

love83g wrote:it that possible before? what is written that you to divorce befor you can have second marriage again. even way back before.
Yes. It was possible long time ago.
No need to divorce. My 2 grandmother even stay together. When my second grandmother pass away , my first grandmother bought up her children.

No point talking about this as this will not apply to you.
It's history.

Even now the husband willingly to divorce his present wife and marry you.
You can't use Singapore Citizenship by Descent on your son.

He will not able to become PR or citizen thru' your marriage.

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 4:08 pm

therat wrote:
love83g wrote:it that possible before? what is written that you to divorce befor you can have second marriage again. even way back before.
Yes. It was possible long time ago.
No need to divorce. My 2 grandmother even stay together. When my second grandmother pass away , my first grandmother bought up her children.

No point talking about this as this will not apply to you.
It's history.

Even now the husband willingly to divorce his present wife and marry you.
You can't use Singapore Citizenship by Descent on your son.

He will not able to become PR or citizen thru' your marriage.
why is it not possible even his father got divorce and marry me my son cant get any pr or citizenship even his the biological father?

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 4:12 pm

therat wrote:
love83g wrote:@ therat hello my son was born in philipippines. and we are trying to apply student pass but the thing he got rejected again. i really hope that there is a way for my son to study in singapore.
Unless you had additional information when apply the student pass. Or else, difficult.

Father is Singapore citizen. It does not help much especially he is legally married to another women and your son is taking up your citizenship.

so using his father particular is not the best way? sorry i really dont know what should we do.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 4:18 pm

love83g wrote: why is it not possible even his father got divorce and marry me my son cant get any pr or citizenship even his the biological father?
I had reply your PM on this question.

I type again.

1 of the requirement.
Parent must be legal married when the child was born.

It has been discuss before. You can do a search.

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 5:28 pm

thanks for the info anyway maybe i should seek legal consultation to a lawyer maybe there is alternative way. have a nice day

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 5:38 pm

therat wrote:Mad Scientist,

May I ask. How long your close Chinese friend married the second wife?

Chinese male can have more than one wife and don't know starting for which year. The law only allow 1 husband and 1 wife except Muslim.

For Muslim, the husband need to get the first wife agreement before he can married second wife. If want to married the third wife, first and second wives must agree.

love83g, may I ask. Is your child born in Singapore?
I have known him since my military days in the 70s and it was known to all of us he had two wives and both of the wives knew each other
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 5:47 pm

thanks mad scientist for your reply also. it's just hardhat. all we want is for my son to have chance to start his first learning journey in Singapore for his future.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 6:12 pm

Mad Scientist wrote: I have known him since my military days in the 70s and it was known to all of us he had two wives and both of the wives knew each other
Thanks! Mad Scientist.

I believe in 60s, still can have 2 wives.
My friend husband born in 1970. His father has 2 wives, both are sisters.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 6:32 pm

love83g wrote:thanks mad scientist for your reply also. it's just hardhat. all we want is for my son to have chance to start his first learning journey in Singapore for his future.
Maybe the father could legally adopt and/or take custody of his son?

Or does your plan somehow involve you getting to live in SG too?

love83g

Post by love83g » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 8:56 pm

JR8 wrote:
love83g wrote:thanks mad scientist for your reply also. it's just hardhat. all we want is for my son to have chance to start his first learning journey in Singapore for his future.
Maybe the father could legally adopt and/or take custody of his son?

Or does your plan somehow involve you getting to live in SG too?

thanks for asking friend the father cant handle to take care alone my son because his legally married and the family doesnt know anything about my son. sorry some people might not understand it but when its the future of your own child is stake you will do everything for the future of the kid.