Singapore Expats

Chances for S Pass approval?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hlee84

Chances for S Pass approval?

Post by hlee84 » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 5:23 pm

hi all,

I'm new in this website and after reading pages and pages about pass issues.. i would like to share my side of story and seek advice and opinions on this matter.

I'm offered a job in Spore and accepted it. I'm in the midst of S Pass application and would like to know is there a time frame for the outcome of the pass? After reading through many threads here, i'm anxious for the outcome...

Anyway, I'm an Indonesian Chinese, graduated in Hotel Management Diploma issued by CTH. My job offered is the customer service that requires to speak bahasa Indonesia. My working experience, I have all along been in the retail industry for 3 years and completed 7 months of internship in hotel industry. Now I am wondering of the chances i stand on getting the S Pass?

Anyone, please kindly share your view on this! Really Appreciate it! :???:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 5:40 pm

It takes about 3 weeks minimum for reply.
Nothing special on you speaking Bahasa Indonesia as the Malay taught here is in Bahasa Baku more toward Indonesian tone and slang
Many locals can fill in your position easily , MOM will be hard press to approve you if you get my drift.
Hard to swallow ? yes but this is the truth
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

hlee84

Post by hlee84 » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 6:07 pm

wow.

:o

indeed hard to swallow... if thats the case, why bother to hire me in the first place?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 9:00 pm

Five bux says the OP gets it, MS. Correct race. Offsets the racial percentage profiles. As long as the company meets quota... and doesn't screw him with some salary payback scheme.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 9:28 pm

10 Bucks you will get it on customer service skills alone! In fact quite a few hotels have been employing Indonesians the last year, I even know an Indonesian teacher, who was also successful in the hotel application, because of customer service skills and language skills, perfect English was also a requirement and not Chinese!

ggch

Post by ggch » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:18 pm

1 million (rupiah) says ... you will get the pass! Stay positive! :P

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Feb 2012 8:35 am

I agree he'll probably get it, but not because of racial profile percentages. Those percentages are skewed based on Citizenship/PR percentages. EP/WP percentages are not taken into consideration. If they were, then the percentages would be a lot higher considering the bulk of construction workers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Feb 2012 6:32 am

Maybe SE but..... after talking to some of my friends there , I am not too sure..

Anyway I will be in SG around early March on route back to Sweden. I will try to catch up with you guys if time permits......... if things permits too.......
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!