Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
estelis3011

Post by estelis3011 » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 1:02 am

lulu. I rem the person actually said that no matter u got in or not they will give u a call. I guess u just hv to wait. Anyway did u see ur own private doc regarding ur scolosis? If yes, whats the result?

glitterbabyG

feb11th interview

Post by glitterbabyG » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 1:31 pm

hello everyone here, im intending to go for the Feb 11th interview, but it's my first time and im pretty nervous! anyone else heading there?

Do we have to bring our resume aside from the application form? i didn't see it on their official website thou? :???:

Lulu557788

Post by Lulu557788 » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 2:12 pm

estelis3011 wrote:lulu. I rem the person actually said that no matter u got in or not they will give u a call. I guess u just hv to wait. Anyway did u see ur own private doc regarding ur scolosis? If yes, whats the result?
Nope, they won't allow you to see the result, it's all confidential, and they never said that they will call you too if you failed, they said they just gonna send you a letter? the call - training date" so i don't know also, cos been a month ald, getting hopeless... Lols

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 3:35 pm

quaint wrote:@yoyobin yep, but for mine they only asked us to intro and tell them why we're at the interview. I got a more random question the second try; who is your favourite singer/actor/celebrity? I was pretty lucky i suppose to be in the middle of the group. The first person did not even remember to answer, felt quite bad for him. And the 2nd guy had to be prompted. I'm 22. :)

@rampalicious87 i see.. Well, let's hope this will be a better chance for the both of us! I got booted out at skin check on 3rd dec so hope this time round will be more progress! :)
ohoh, so what was your answer then?? :):)

lil_paradox

Post by lil_paradox » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 6:42 pm

Hi all,
I'm thinking of going down this Saturday for the interview. First time going. I really wanna go for it this time round but however can't find any buddies to tag along with. :(

I'm completing my studies next month but will only graduate in Nov. Can I still apply cause I heard from one of my friend that they need to see the full cert. Is that the case? I don't have 'Os' but have got higher nitec and graduating with a degree soon from a private school.

Anyone in a similar position as me or have experienced the interview before care to share? Sorry for the bombardment of questions coz I just chanced upon this forum. Left 1 more day for preparation so I really hope to hear from you guys.. :roll:

Shirlxl

Post by Shirlxl » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 6:59 pm

lil_paradox wrote:Hi all,
I'm thinking of going down this Saturday for the interview. First time going. I really wanna go for it this time round but however can't find any buddies to tag along with. :(

I'm completing my studies next month but will only graduate in Nov. Can I still apply cause I heard from one of my friend that they need to see the full cert. Is that the case? I don't have 'Os' but have got higher nitec and graduating with a degree soon from a private school.

Anyone in a similar position as me or have experienced the interview before care to share? Sorry for the bombardment of questions coz I just chanced upon this forum. Left 1 more day for preparation so I really hope to hear from you guys.. :roll:
Hello! I went for the Dec interview the other day with my O level cert, however did not meet the requirements as I only have 4 credits. I told the lady I was already in my finally semester of my diploma and will be graduating in April 2012. However she told me that I was unable to go for the interview.

Previously there was this girl whom was also in such situation and she got letters from the school to proof that she will be graduating and got through for the interview. Therefore you might want to try to obtain a letter from your school and try? I'm also trying this Saturday with a letter from my school that states that I'm graduating in April 2012 with a diploma. Hopefully I will be able to get through!

lil_paradox

Post by lil_paradox » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Shirlxl, thanks for that input. I'm wondering would it be a tad late coz if that's the case, I'll need to rush down to sch and get a letter scripted? OH man, feeling so unprepared but don't want to waste the effort. If I were to skip this Sat's session, I don't know if there will be another one next month. Caught in a dilemma now.. :(

[Hello! I went for the Dec interview the other day with my O level cert, however did not meet the requirements as I only have 4 credits. I told the lady I was already in my finally semester of my diploma and will be graduating in April 2012. However she told me that I was unable to go for the interview.

Previously there was this girl whom was also in such situation and she got letters from the school to proof that she will be graduating and got through for the interview. Therefore you might want to try to obtain a letter from your school and try? I'm also trying this Saturday with a letter from my school that states that I'm graduating in April 2012 with a diploma. Hopefully I will be able to get through![/quote]

Shirlxl

Post by Shirlxl » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 7:16 pm

lil_paradox wrote:Hi Shirlxl, thanks for that input. I'm wondering would it be a tad late coz if that's the case, I'll need to rush down to sch and get a letter scripted? OH man, feeling so unprepared but don't want to waste the effort. If I were to skip this Sat's session, I don't know if there will be another one next month. Caught in a dilemma now.. :(

[Hello! I went for the Dec interview the other day with my O level cert, however did not meet the requirements as I only have 4 credits. I told the lady I was already in my finally semester of my diploma and will be graduating in April 2012. However she told me that I was unable to go for the interview.

Previously there was this girl whom was also in such situation and she got letters from the school to proof that she will be graduating and got through for the interview. Therefore you might want to try to obtain a letter from your school and try? I'm also trying this Saturday with a letter from my school that states that I'm graduating in April 2012 with a diploma. Hopefully I will be able to get through!
[/quote]

No harm trying! Just give it a try, at least you won't regret! :)

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:28 pm

they definitely need to see the full cert.. but maybe higher nitec is accepted. i'm not so sure. i'm graduating in april too :D

anyway you don't need to bring anything else other than what's stated on the website.

this is a little early but anyone starting training on 5th march? :D

quaint

Post by quaint » Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:02 pm

@yoyobin my answer was not fantastic but i just said lady gaga coz she makes me feel good about myself. :P

Interview's in 2 days! :D

Tating

Post by Tating » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:01 am

lil_paradox wrote:Hi Shirlxl, thanks for that input. I'm wondering would it be a tad late coz if that's the case, I'll need to rush down to sch and get a letter scripted? OH man, feeling so unprepared but don't want to waste the effort. If I were to skip this Sat's session, I don't know if there will be another one next month. Caught in a dilemma now.. :(

[/quote]

hi!... i went for the Jan interview without any formal school letter or cert as ive yet to graduate in April plus i only have 4 Olevel credits but i manage to get through the interview. During the checking of certs i just showed them my latest transcript and told them ill be graduating in 3 months time and also after getting through the kebaya round i told Mary, the HR lady, that ill only be graduating in April. Then after medical Mary called 2 weeks later to remind me to email her as soon as i get my certs asap by April.... SO YAH u dont need to produce a letter or a cert but assure them ull be graduating soon!! good luck go! go! go!

lil_paradox

Post by lil_paradox » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:28 am

hi!... i went for the Jan interview without any formal school letter or cert as ive yet to graduate in April plus i only have 4 Olevel credits but i manage to get through the interview. During the checking of certs i just showed them my latest transcript and told them ill be graduating in 3 months time and also after getting through the kebaya round i told Mary, the HR lady, that ill only be graduating in April. Then after medical Mary called 2 weeks later to remind me to email her as soon as i get my certs asap by April.... SO YAH u dont need to produce a letter or a cert but assure them ull be graduating soon!! good luck go! go! go![/quote]

Hii..thanks guys for the encouragement. :) So this lady called Mary will be present during the interviews? She's the one checking the cert? What's the possibility like if let's say I'm turned away during the cert inspection..Coz one of my friend who doesn't have O's mentioned that he got turned away before he can get through the first round..By the way, need to bring along CV ? :)

Tating

Post by Tating » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:38 am

lil_paradox wrote:hi!... i went for the Jan interview without any formal school letter or cert as ive yet to graduate in April plus i only have 4 Olevel credits but i manage to get through the interview. During the checking of certs i just showed them my latest transcript and told them ill be graduating in 3 months time and also after getting through the kebaya round i told Mary, the HR lady, that ill only be graduating in April. Then after medical Mary called 2 weeks later to remind me to email her as soon as i get my certs asap by April.... SO YAH u dont need to produce a letter or a cert but assure them ull be graduating soon!! good luck go! go! go!
Hii..thanks guys for the encouragement. :) So this lady called Mary will be present during the interviews? She's the one checking the cert? What's the possibility like if let's say I'm turned away during the cert inspection..Coz one of my friend who doesn't have O's mentioned that he got turned away before he can get through the first round..By the way, need to bring along CV ? :)[/quote]

Mary will be at STC during the 2nd day interview and u will meet her during the briefing after uve cleared every round then u can ask her about any doubts... I dont need to show them anything before the 1st round leh just pass them my application form... but if ur uncertain then u can get a letter from ur school maybe... n no dont need cv

oh n the checking of certs will only be after the first round n after they check ur height

estelis3011

Post by estelis3011 » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 2:37 am

Lulu557788 wrote:
estelis3011 wrote:lulu. I rem the person actually said that no matter u got in or not they will give u a call. I guess u just hv to wait. Anyway did u see ur own private doc regarding ur scolosis? If yes, whats the result?
Nope, they won't allow you to see the result, it's all confidential, and they never said that they will call you too if you failed, they said they just gonna send you a letter? the call - training date" so i don't know also, cos been a month ald, getting hopeless... Lols
ermm. I meant ur own private doctor. cuz i heard that if it exceeds 20 degree. For scoliosis, its a no. My bf sis also experience the same thing few yrs back. She got rejected as her scoliosis was pretty bad. But she manage to get into JAL though. But do patiently wait for ur results though i understand its pretty frustrating and scary. Will pray for u and hope that u manage to get through. If touch wood u didnt. U can always go other airlines. U are still young dear. Cheer up okay?

glitterbabyG

Post by glitterbabyG » Fri, 10 Feb 2012 8:01 am

lil_paradox wrote:Hi all,

hi lil paradox, i think im might have a similar issue, i'm suppose to graduate in Sept with an official certificate. supposed to get a degree with honours, but im doing my honours year now but it has been confirmed that i get a degree already, just without the cert cause i haven't officially complete it with the honours part.

i have to submit a thesis this April so if i put my availablity as End april, does anyone think it's possible?

omg.. panic.