Singapore Expats

can usa citizen get singapore pr

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jkgm

can usa citizen get singapore pr

Post by jkgm » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:45 pm

Hello all
I'm new to this website. I will get usa citizenship very soon. I want to relocate and live in singapore. Can i stay in Singapore for anytime i want to with usa citizenship. Will this usa citizenship help me in getting singapore PR. Is there any formalities to meet to stay in Singapore with usa citizen.
Also wanted to know more about schools, life style and cost of living in singapore. I'm a Indian with family and kids.
So if anyone can send me useful informations on the above i will be thankful.

Thanks
jkgm.

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Re: can usa citizen get singapore pr

Post by sweetgazebo » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 1:56 pm

I just don't understand .... why would anyone already in the process of getting a US citizenship would want to now relocate to and obtain Singapore PR?! :???:

Can't get a job there in the US, is it?

It also puzzles me as to how you can obtain US citizenship with the quality of your English.
jkgm wrote:Hello all
I'm new to this website. I will get usa citizenship very soon. I want to relocate and live in singapore. Can i stay in Singapore for anytime i want to with usa citizenship. Will this usa citizenship help me in getting singapore PR. Is there any formalities to meet to stay in Singapore with usa citizen.
Also wanted to know more about schools, life style and cost of living in singapore. I'm a Indian with family and kids.
So if anyone can send me useful informations on the above i will be thankful.

Thanks
jkgm.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:15 pm

Have you TRIED reading the forum? It isn't just here for you to ask your big-ass ill thought out blanket questions so one of us will bark the answers at you like it's your god given right!

Treat it like a knowledge base, it you have pointed or specific questions that have not been covered extensively then you will find that people are very helpful, until then you will have trouble getting the response you require.

Also, when you ask a question, it's customary to use a question mark in English (?) Please try and do this and you wont come across quite as rude as you currently do!

Welcome to the forum.

In regards to your questions on USA Citizens coming here, try this website. ICA
nutnut

jkgm

Post by jkgm » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:26 pm

Sweet gazebo
What's wrong with my english..
if u can't send me any information for my question pl. keep quiet. You don't have to ask me why should i come to Singapore when i have usa citizenship..that's not your botheration. Mind your words when u send msgs to others. There are people who don't know english but get usa citizenship. s.
Language is not a prolem here...
It also puzzles me how can a air headed person like you judge others when u don't know what is respect.
bye...
learn respect...

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:30 pm

You appear to be a classic. The local government will look into your past and see the obvious. In that sense gaining the US citizenship will in your case likely prevent you from getting a PR status here.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:44 pm

jkgm wrote: Language is not a prolem here...
I beg to differ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
nutnut

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:45 pm

Like what x9200 said, this guy is a classic.

It's been a while.

Have fun. :P
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:52 pm

jkgm wrote:Sweet gazebo
What's wrong with my english..
if u can't send me any information for my question pl. keep quiet. You don't have to ask me why should i come to Singapore when i have usa citizenship..that's not your botheration. Mind your words when u send msgs to others. There are people who don't know english but get usa citizenship. s.
Language is not a prolem here...
It also puzzles me how can a air headed person like you judge others when u don't know what is respect.
bye...
learn respect...
You want US Citizenship, and you *don't* want to live in the US? US Citizenship is one of the *worst* citizenships to have for someone who is working overseas. You'll be subject to both US and Singapore's income taxes and regulations for all income while in Singapore.

As for will it help or hurt you with MOM/ICA? Honestly, judging by your poor English typing skills, I'm guessing you come from a country who's nationals currently aren't desired in Singapore. So yeah, overall it will probably help a bit, but not as much as you want. Oh wait, are you offended now that I just profiled you based on your poor English skills? (Yes, sorry, they suck). Then Singapore is *not* the place for you as you will be profiled (to your detriment) every step of the way.

For all of your other questions, US Citizens generally get a 90 day passport chop. No other special privileges. When you apply for a work pass or PR, they'll ask your race also. Chinese, Malaysian, Indian, and Other. If other, you need to specify it. And no, American isn't a race. This is what they'll judge you by.
Last edited by zzm9980 on Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: can usa citizen get singapore pr

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 2:54 pm

sweetgazebo wrote:
It also puzzles me as to how you can obtain US citizenship with the quality of your English.
Eh, his English isn't too hot, but is probably enough to pass the test. I've actually met many people from a certain region of south-central Asia (trying not to profile here ;) ) who can speak English just fine but type like our OP or worse.

jkgm

Post by jkgm » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 3:11 pm

look guys..
I'm right now sitting and typing in a dark room.
I don't want to wake up others who are sleeping here..
That's why there are errors in my msgs.
I will collect all informations i need from other sources..
Don't my msg anymore.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 3:13 pm

jkgm wrote:look guys..
I'm right now sitting and typing in a dark room.
I don't want to wake up others who are sleeping here..
That's why there are errors in my msgs.
I will collect all informations i need from other sources..
Don't my msg anymore.
Why not?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 3:15 pm

jkgm wrote:Sweet gazebo Unexplained end of line, no punctuation, comma would be normal here.
What's wrong with my english.. Is this a question? Is this a statement? Why have you used 2 fullstop's?
if Capitalisation (yes, with an s, z is for people who can't speak English :P ) u Not a word can't send me any information for my question should be questions surely? pl. what is pl.? Is this a code for plural rather than the "s" you should have used? keep quiet. You don't have to ask me why should i this should be "I" and it should be the other way around, "I should" not "should i" even then it doesn't make much sense, I think you need to work on this sentence come to Singapore when i Capital have usa Capital citizenship..not a way to end a sentence, also if you intended to use a fullstop then you require 2 spaces afterwards that's not your botheration. TWO spaces! Mind your words when u Not a word send msgs Not a word to others. There are people who don't know english Capital E, I take particular offence to this one! but get usa Capital, your new country would not be happy! citizenship Obviously there are people who don't know English in America, there's you for a start!. s. what is this? Is it the "s" missing from above? If so what is the pl.?
Language is not a prolem here... Hahahahahaha
It also puzzles me how can a unnecessary "can" as it is implied and "a" should be "an" due to the next word starting with an a air headed person like you judge others when u don't know what is respect I think you mean (may be wrong) that they don't know how to show respect? Rather than what is respect? consider restarting that sentence..
bye... Yes, bye bye.
learn respect... Maybe you should also heed this comment respect is earnt, your initial post was rude and abrupt, so what do you expect?
I wanted to put a bit of weight behind the English language criticisms here, no one is really explaining themselves fully, so please see my above critique of your latest paragraph. Don't take it the wrong way, it's supposed to be constructive so you can work on some of these issues for when you fill up your PR application.

Good luck!
nutnut

sweetgazebo
Regular
Regular

Post by sweetgazebo » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 3:52 pm

Phew ...! I have only been away for a coupla hours and already there have been quite a response.

jkgm, your English in one post after another is, simply put in polite English, terrible (and I can have a more sarcastic term for your broken English).

This aside, your earlier question on getting Singapore PR based purely on you having obtained a US citizenship would leave a trail of questions marks, 'botheration' or not.

As for me, and as I have said, it's likely because you can't get a job in the US!

And sorry-ah, but this is what being a slime means!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 4:09 pm

Please enlighten me but the order seems to be so wrong here. Or rather, deviated from the normal pattern we see among people from high-emigration countries.

Don't people usually first try to land a PR here in Singapore with hopes to land in better countries like Oz, UK and USA later?

Just a question.

This is just so strange...

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 4:23 pm

@lynx, the other trend although not that pronounced is also around and also in this forum. This is about making a compromise between the distance to your country of origin and some other, i.e. financial factors. He is an Indian, he wants to be closer to the subcontinent hopping that the US citizenship will give him a better start in Singapore comparing to the situation when directly coming from India.