Singapore Expats

Girlfriend, Repeated Visit - Is an issued? Would she be ban?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
East Dragon

Girlfriend, Repeated Visit - Is an issued? Would she be ban?

Post by East Dragon » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:56 pm

My Girlfriend, Repeat Multi Social Visit to Singapore – Is that an Issues, would she be ban for visit? Need help and advice.

My current status, have a ‘Deed of Separation’ coming 2 years, would be getting a divorce after 3 years are up.

I have a Vietnam girlfriend; have known her in Vietnam and have been together for 1 year + 4 months.

From my understanding from friends, that a foreigner are not allow to stay more then 180 days per year when they gain entry for repeated visits. For easy entry, the return air ticket purchase is for 7 days. When entry is permitted, with stamp for 30 days, then we change the return ticket for full 30 days stay in Singapore.

Since then, my plan for her repeated visits was 1 month entry and 1 month exit, back to back. In every single entry to Singapore, I would go to Vietnam to accompany her back to Singapore. At the same time, with her a cover letter, attached a copy of my IC and my ‘Deed of Separation’ document. These would provide her with the reasons for her repeated visits, if she would to take into the office at the airport check point.

In my cover letter to the duty officer, I stated that I will take full responsibility for her well-being and stay whilst she is in Singapore. She will be staying in my address for her entire visit in Singapore. If a security bond is required by ICA, I can provide for immediate submission to ICA. I have the intention to marry her upon finalizing my divorce with my current wife.

Finally on her 4th visits, after my much explaining at the airport check point, she was taken to the office. After 3 hours of waiting, the duty officer phones me. After asking me a few questions, he said that my letter is not a valid reason for her visits, she is not allowing to entry. After much apology and begging, she is permitted to entry but was base on the return ticket of 7 days, she has to leave Singapore. Although her passport stamp was 30 days but I don’t take the risk, and she return Vietnam in 7 days.

I asked the duty for office for advice; He told me, for her repeated visit, she can purchase 30 days return tickets and every visit can be after 2 months. But her permission to entry is still subject to approval on that day of arrival by the officer at the check point. Any refuse entry is confidential, no reasons would be given.

Now 2 months have passed, I still very worry and concern of her repeated visits to Singapore. Now my plan is to visit her every 2 months without her coming to Singapore, till I settle with my divorce.

I need advice from Mad Scientist/SMS or any friends here who are well knowledge with ICA formality;

1. Is there any procedure or application I can apply for her repeated entry into Singapore? If security bond is required, I can get it done.

2. If I follow the advice of the duty officer, every visit, leave Singapore for 2 months and can purchase a 30 days return ticket. Is these safe?

3. If no, then if she would to be refused for entry at the checkpoint, would she be ban for future entry, would she be classified as undesired visitors? And would it also complicate our any application in future; married approval, PR, etc?

4. I have heard, if a female repeated visit a married man, she can be ban as an undesired visitor. Is this true? But I have show proof with ‘Deed of Separation’.

Please help and advice with many thanks.
[/b]

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 9:28 pm

Immigration has the right to refuse entry to anybody for any reason.
There is no sure way for her to enter, unless she got a visa approved before coming.

I have no idea why you think a "deed of separation" has any value in this matter. Immigration is not a moral watchdog and has no interest whatsoever whether the men she interfers with while in Singapore are married or not. But they do care about illegal work and prostitution. If you are paying her anything (even if only for the flights), they might even be right on this!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 9:49 pm

beppi wrote:Immigration has the right to refuse entry to anybody for any reason.
There is no sure way for her to enter, unless she got a visa approved before coming.
She can be refused entry even with a valid visa.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:16 pm

beppi wrote: If you are paying her anything (even if only for the flights), they might even be right on this!
Well gee, by that theory almost any woman who has ever been married or dated a guy classifies as a prostitute. Actually, I'll just shut up now. :P

East Dragon

Post by East Dragon » Sun, 29 Jan 2012 7:39 pm

beppi wrote:Immigration has the right to refuse entry to anybody for any reason.

I have no idea why you think a "deed of separation" has any value in this matter. Immigration is not a moral watchdog and has no interest whatsoever whether the men she interfers with while in Singapore are married or not. But they do care about illegal work and prostitution. If you are paying her anything (even if only for the flights), they might even be right on this!
I feel sad when I read your comments.

My ex-wife, then was my girlfriend, is a Malaysian. Every trip to Singapore visiting me and our holiday tour, all I paid for. After our married, she was a housewife, I paid allowance to both herself and her parents in Malaysian, monthly. All boyfriends or husbands who have a good career and financial capability would do this for their love one.

My current girlfriend, her parent run a restaurant business and own 2 houses. Every trips I go over to Vietnam, I would stay for 7 days, to accompany her to Singapore. All my expenses, while I am in Vietnam, are paid for by her parent.

If you don't know into inside details, please to not put such a negative comments or statements.

To friends here, please give me some advices or solutions to my worry and concerns.

Please help with many thanks.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 29 Jan 2012 8:19 pm

While Beppi's advice was harsh, it is a true. The deed of separation won't help you in this case. All of the passes available to your girlfriend/future wife are listed on ICA and MOM's websites, along with their associated requirements. Without a pass, she's subject to ICA's whim. There are no special policies or procedures available that aren't listed that would help you.
You'd be stuck even if you were heir to an Emirati hotel empire.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Girlfriend, Repeated Visit - Is an issued? Would she be

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 30 Jan 2012 4:19 am

OP, please read those in blue
East Dragon wrote: From my understanding from friends, that a foreigner are not allow to stay more then 180 days per year when they gain entry for repeated visits. For easy entry, the return air ticket purchase is for 7 days. When entry is permitted, with stamp for 30 days, then we change the return ticket for full 30 days stay in Singapore.

Wrong assumption . for tax purpose is the 186 days (approx) for the guideline if you are considered resident tax rate or otherwise
For Assessment Level 11 visitors , you need a return ticket of minimum 7 days span upon your arrival

Since then, my plan for her repeated visits was 1 month entry and 1 month exit, back to back. In every single entry to Singapore, I would go to Vietnam to accompany her back to Singapore. At the same time, with her a cover letter, attached a copy of my IC and my ‘Deed of Separation’ document. These would provide her with the reasons for her repeated visits, if she would to take into the office at the airport check point.

Deed of Separation is the matter of Civil Court and has no direct purpose to the above
Immigration matters where by you are willing to sponsor her will only makes her "a person of good conduct"
Until such time you are married to her, you need to apply her a LTSVP to allow her to stay here. ICA will make you jump over hoops if they see that your marriage is a marriage of convenience

In my cover letter to the duty officer, I stated that I will take full responsibility for her well-being and stay whilst she is in Singapore. She will be staying in my address for her entire visit in Singapore. If a security bond is required by ICA, I can provide for immediate submission to ICA. I have the intention to marry her upon finalizing my divorce with my current wife.

No purpose at all

Finally on her 4th visits, after my much explaining at the airport check point, she was taken to the office. After 3 hours of waiting, the duty officer phones me. After asking me a few questions, he said that my letter is not a valid reason for her visits, she is not allowing to entry. After much apology and begging, she is permitted to entry but was base on the return ticket of 7 days, she has to leave Singapore. Although her passport stamp was 30 days but I don’t take the risk, and she return Vietnam in 7 days.

From normal SOP it will be about 6 months to a year when she is allowed to return to SG

I asked the duty for office for advice; He told me, for her repeated visit, she can purchase 30 days return tickets and every visit can be after 2 months. But her permission to entry is still subject to approval on that day of arrival by the officer at the check point. Any refuse entry is confidential, no reasons would be given.

Now 2 months have passed, I still very worry and concern of her repeated visits to Singapore. Now my plan is to visit her every 2 months without her coming to Singapore, till I settle with my divorce.

I need advice from Mad Scientist/SMS or any friends here who are well knowledge with ICA formality;

1. Is there any procedure or application I can apply for her repeated entry into Singapore? If security bond is required, I can get it done.

BIG NO unless she is married to you or she find a job here

2. If I follow the advice of the duty officer, every visit, leave Singapore for 2 months and can purchase a 30 days return ticket. Is these safe?

Roll the dice and see how it goes

3. If no, then if she would to be refused for entry at the checkpoint, would she be ban for future entry, would she be classified as undesired visitors? And would it also complicate our any application in future; married approval, PR, etc?

Yes most definitely

4. I have heard, if a female repeated visit a married man, she can be ban as an undesired visitor. Is this true? But I have show proof with ‘Deed of Separation’.

Yes BIG YES

Please help and advice with many thanks.
[/b]
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

East Dragon

Post by East Dragon » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:21 am

Many thanks & grateful to Mad Scientist.

According to your advise, I can only allow my girlfriend to visit Singapore every 6 months or I need to settle my divorce before she can frequent repeat visit every other month.

Would the following options be possible, prior to my divorce;

1. In all her future visits, instead of visiting me, she can make a visiting to my mother house & her entire stay would be in my mother address. Would this be safer?

2. Can she get an under writing letter with a lawyer in Singapore and to provide a security deposit to ICA, stating her genuine repeated social visit in Singapore. Or an under writing letter from Vietnam Embassy or any other government agency...etc.

3. She can apply for student pass in Singapore. But if after her student pass is expired, would our future application for married, LTSVP, PR or etc, would have complication?

Long distance relationship with other country, give many headache with the ICA. Hope all issues, have some solutions to it.

Many thanks again.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:29 pm

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 1:32 pm

East Dragon wrote:Many thanks & grateful to Mad Scientist.

According to your advise, I can only allow my girlfriend to visit Singapore every 6 months or I need to settle my divorce before she can frequent repeat visit every other month.

Would the following options be possible, prior to my divorce;

1. In all her future visits, instead of visiting me, she can make a visiting to my mother house & her entire stay would be in my mother address. Would this be safer?

Which part of SVP criteria you DO NOT UNDERSTAND. NO>>>AIYOH NO LAH

2. Can she get an under writing letter with a lawyer in Singapore and to provide a security deposit to ICA, stating her genuine repeated social visit in Singapore. Or an under writing letter from Vietnam Embassy or any other government agency...etc.

Again NO

3. She can apply for student pass in Singapore. But if after her student pass is expired, would our future application for married, LTSVP, PR or etc, would have complication?

Maybe not sure almost but again not sure depends on her educational uptake

Long distance relationship with other country, give many headache with the ICA. Hope all issues, have some solutions to it.

You asked for it hence you have to deal with it

Many thanks again.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

East Dragon

Post by East Dragon » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:15 am

Mad Scientist,......... Many thanks.

:cry: :???: :shock:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 2:10 pm

OK East dragon

Let me explain since you do not understand what I am trying to convey

Your GF has no relation to you in terms of immigration matters not in marriage, next of kin whatsoever hence she has to come as a SVP visitors which will gives her 30 days Stand bog visa
Although you are willing to be her guarantor but that does not mean she can extend her stay longer
The problem lies with you as you are a Sger
Your Deed of separation has no value to ICA
Even if you are married she needs to get LTVP but marriage of convenience which is the ruse these girsl from Asia use will always be against her to get LTSVP status hence ICA will make you jump over hoops before you can get on.
Lawyers does not do one bit for you other than sucking your money away.
Is this crystal clear enough for you ?

East Dragon

Post by East Dragon » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:35 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:OK East dragon

Let me explain since you do not understand what I am trying to convey

Your GF has no relation to you in terms of immigration matters not in marriage, next of kin whatsoever hence she has to come as a SVP visitors which will gives her 30 days Stand bog visa
Although you are willing to be her guarantor but that does not mean she can extend her stay longer - I am not extend her stay longer, while she is in Singapore, if she can visit me, 30 days stay in Singapore is more then enough.
The problem lies with you as you are a Sger
Your Deed of separation has no value to ICA
Even if you are married she needs to get LTVP but marriage of convenience which is the ruse these girsl from Asia use will always be against her to get LTSVP status hence ICA will make you jump over hoops before you can get on.
Lawyers does not do one bit for you other than sucking your money away.
Is this crystal clear enough for you ?

Yes, I do understand you. Base on your information/advice, I can only get her to visit me repeatedly, is after 6 months from her last visit. Unless, I have settle my divorce, then she can visit me more frequently.

Currently, I can do nothing, unless I want to roll dice for her visit which i can risk her for refuse entry, thus banning her for future visit - even I am her guarantor.

many thanks, Mad Scientist.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:46 pm

Good lord, man... are you really that thick? Whether you are divorced or not makes ZERO difference!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:13 pm

^^^And even if you are divorced and subsequently marry her, she might still be refused entry if ICA suspects a marriage of convenience (i.e. with the purpose of getting a visa).